Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. G

Door issues

Good deal, sounds like an easy fix for the door handle, I'll have to look into getting one ordered here soon.
  2. G

Door issues

Have a 2001 Mountaineer and have some issues with the doors. The front passenger side door lock will never fully unlock on the first try. I usually have to hit unlock a couple of times before it will open. And then a few months ago the door handle on the inside broke, so now I either have...
  3. G

2001 Mountaineer replacement radio

Actually the JVC KD-X250BT is what I was looking at, sounds like the same thing you ordered. I don't need steering wheel controls, as that looks a bit pricey. But now wondering if the 6 disc will work with aftermarket easily, because I really like the JVC digital media setup.
  4. G

2001 Mountaineer replacement radio

So the radio in the Mountaineer seems to have a common issue now that I've been searching on here. Backlights used to work but go in and out, but lately nothing lights up on the display. Rather than try and fix it I think I'll just get an aftermarket setup. So it has the 6 disc changer in...
  5. G

Armrest cover

Thanks, guess I should have searched harder. I'll be ordering a kit tonight.
  6. G

Armrest cover

2001 Mountaineer, bought it almost 2 years ago and the armrest was like this and I think it's finally time to replace it. What are my best options for replacement? I was looking on RockAuto, but nothing really looked like it matched my interior style.
  7. G

Battery questions

Pretty simple and it did the trick. The old battery was over 6 years old so I'm glad I just switched it while it was dead at home instead of jumping it and having it die again somewhere else. Went with an 8 year Duralast Gold with 850 CCA and 1000 CA.
  8. G

Battery questions

Think that answers my questions. I'll run out and grab a new battery in that size after work. I'll also have her unplug that stuff while the SUV is shut off. Thanks.
  9. G

Battery questions

So we've only had the Moutaineer for about two weeks, and the wife went out this morning and battery was dead. I didn't have much time to mess with it, just had her take another vehicle. She has a charger spliter and had a phone charger and the kids DVD player plugged into the charging spot...
  10. G

New guy with an 01 Mountaineer

Great to hear, I'm going to go through everything once work slows down a bit but before winter time hits. My wife will be daily driving it, but that will only be 20ish miles a day so this thing should last us for awhile as long as I keep up on maintenance.
  11. G

That's good to here, I was going to search and see if it was high miles or how others like that were holding up. I'm an LS1 guy, so this is the first 5.0/Ford vehicle for me.
  12. G

Just bought a 2001 Mountaineer, Premium AWD with a 5.0 motor. It's got some high miles 138k, but is still pretty clean for the mileage, just needs a few minor things here and there fixed. Took a few quick cell phone pics after I got done changing the oil today.
Back