Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Wanted Lower steering shaft

Welp, 2 more mechanic shops later. Few hundred more dollars flushed down the drain. Everyone comes right back to the same problem. And another part bought from a junk yard,.lasted bout a week. Neither Borgenson or Flaming River could help me. It is time I get rid of this thing and get another truck.
  2. B

Last year when this problem started, the knocking happened when the truck warmed up. And then when I went over speed bumps. And when the truck came to a halt ans settled,.you would hear one small knock. Once you pressed in the pedal to start again, you would get one small knock. Ford said it was...
  3. B

Everything you just said there was Chinese to me. I don't do my own stuff on it. That's Fords deal. I'm just going to get rid of it. It won't make noise unless the truck is on and it's moving.
  4. B

Ok,.so I just got my truck back from the dealership. Same symptoms as last year. So I was assuming it was the same issue(since the replacement part was from a yard). This time Ford said they didnt feel and play in the shaft when they touched it. I had them replace it anyway. Welp..it's worse...
  5. B

So I heard back from both companies. Borgeson said to send my part to them and they will try to duplicate it. Flaming River told me to take all these measurements of stuff that I don't know what they mean. Think I'm going with Borgeson. I'm a 95 Ford. 99 parts wont fit it,.I think.
  6. B

Yes. I sent Flaming River and Borgeson emails yesterday. Crossed my fingers and am praying someone can help. Thank you.
  7. B

They are not breaking. The knuckle area is binding and knocking.
  8. B

Thank you Koda,.I sent them an email. Let's see what they say. Blueka,.you may possibly have one? Please double check and let me know. I even have a picture of it for comparison.
  9. B

PLEASE!! I need help. I need to locate a Lower Steering Shaft for a 1995 Ford Explorer XLT. 4 door auto. The original Ford part number is (F77Z3B676EA). It is no longer made and the ones I'm getting from junk yards are lasting less than 6 months. Does anyone on this site possibly have one lying...
  10. B

Lower steering shaft no longer available from For

Lower steering shaft Ok so Ford looked at my truck yesterday, and said my lower steering shaft was shot. But of course the new one is no longer avail. They gave me the part number to try to find one myself. Now i remember years ago, i bought some parts for vehicles that came from a different...
  11. B

What shocks.

what shocks i found 2 videos on U tube for changing them. Check it out. I'm not exactly how firm or harsh my truck is supposed to feel, or how to pick. I dont want to feel the bumps,..at all. lol
  12. B

What shocks.

What shocks Ok, so I'm about to replace the original shock absorbers in my 95' Explorer. Reading all these posts, I'm a bit confused. I don't understand what you guys mean by "stiff" ride" vs. "smoother ride". I don't exactly know the feeling of how they are supposed to be. I want something to...
  13. B

Idle problems

yep, i cleaned it. took the advise off of threads here to clean it, and what to use. I felt no difference, no change. Then a couple weeks later, i came across a site stating that Ford has problems with the M.A.F., and listing the types. Of course mine was on there, so i figured maybe thats why...
  14. B

Idle problems

replacing my M.A.F. Ok, so I'm finally getting around to replacing my M.A.F. It's going to cost my $300.00 from FORD. Has anyone bought an after market piece from a local auto store and had a positive change in results? New not remanufactured. What kind was it, and where did you purchase it...
  15. B

Overdrive

Thank you so very much.
  16. B

Notes on pulling EEC-IV codes

632 Yeah, what the heck, I'll do it again. I like learning new stuff everyday.
  17. B

Notes on pulling EEC-IV codes

should i do nothing about the code 632? or should i perform koeo again, this time remembering to push the button. Could it possibly show new codes , that it didnt before?
  18. B

Overdrive

Someone please explain this to me like i'm 4 years old. Should I drive with O.D. on or off?? And when I push in the button, the light comes on in the dash, is that stating on or off?? I don't tow anything, and only drive highways once every 2 weeks. Nothing mountainous.
  19. B

Thank you guys. Been looking through the site and, my god there is so much stuff on here. Wish I had the money to soupe up my truck like the insane pics I seen on here.
  20. B

Idle problems

Hello. New to the site. Looked around for answers and already did what some suggested. For about 2 months the Idle in my 95 Ford Explorer XLT(55,550 original miles, yes original) would drop to around 350rpms when I would initially start to drive. But it would immediately jump back up to normal...
  21. B

Hello all. New to the site. Drivin my Ford for 2 years now. Hopin to save myself some cash by joinin here and getting some help from some smart, experienced people. Thanks. Bile.
Back