Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. G

Stuck in park, Bad shifter assembly?

2010 Ford explorer wont shift out of park. This happened before a few yrs ago and the shift interlock module was bad. I'm thinking the module is bad because it's Dorman and usually doesn't last long. I'm moving the shift solenoid lever to by pass it so I can move the lever into gear. As I'm...
  2. G

Driver power seat won't move forward

Is there a manual seat track available for replacement?
  3. G

Driver power seat won't move forward

2010 Ford Explorer, the driver power seat won't move forward. Everything works but the forward position. I'm assuming the forward motor is bad. The power seat track is so $$$. Is there a way to move the seat forward manually?
  4. G

Which Motorcraft blend door actuator for 2010 Explorer?

Does anyone know the correct motorcraft blend door actuator for a 2010 Explorer for the driver and passenger side? It has manual controls and does have rear AC for the passengers. How many actuators does it have? There is Motorcraft part number YH1743, YH1744 and YH1746. Is one for the driver...
  5. G

Driver rear turn signal problem on 2010 Explorer

Yes, I'm using a standard light bulb and not a led. I tried a new bulb and no change. Also the driver rear flashes normal with the hazards on.
  6. G

Driver rear turn signal problem on 2010 Explorer

2010 Explorer, the message display says to check LR Turn Lamp and the driver rear turn signal flashes fast. I replaced the bulb and no change. I switched the light socket from the pass side to the driver side and no change at all. The socket connection is clean with no crustys or corrosion...
  7. G

Fuel filter fuel lines won't come off

Did you push the line inward as far as it goes with the disconnect tool on the filter? Or did you push the line all the way in first, then use the disconnect tool?
  8. G

I bought some CRC Freeze Off super penetrant spray (which works really well) and sprayed both lines real good. I was able to get the right line off close to the engine, but I can't get the left line off. The fuel filter does spin freely. I'm using the small metal fuel tool and it is all the...
  9. G

I tried again today, this time using the scissors fuel disconnect tool and I applied a little grease on the tool. Before I inserted the tool, I sprayed some PB Blaster into the connector. I inserted the tool and again, I pushed the tool in and pushed the line in and still the line won't come...
  10. G

I will try turning the filter.. As for grease, what should I use? White lithium? Wheel bearing?
  11. G

I bought the scissors fuel disconnect tool and I will see if that works better. I will also try again using the plastic tool. I'm using PB blaster, is there anything else better to use?
  12. G

I have the plastic fuel disconnect tools (the flat disc and the angled one) and they flex to much as I'm pushing hard on the tool. I already cracked one of them. This is the tool I have been using. http://www.tooltopia.com/gearwrench-3896.aspx I was thinking this type might work because it...
  13. G

99 Ford Explorer 4.0 SOHC, trying to replace the fuel filter and I'm using the metal quick disconnect tool. I'm pushing the line in as I'm pushing the tool in and it won't release the line. I sprayed some PB Blaster in there and still won't come out. I tried the sharpie and pen method as seen...
  14. G

Valve cover gasket leaking

99 Explorer 4.0 SOHC, the driver side valve cover is leaking. Does the upper intake need to come off to remove the driver side valve cover?
  15. G

What size adapter for filling up the transmission?

Soon I will be replacing the transmission filter and fluid on a 2010 Explorer V6. Does anyone know what size adapter I need to screw on the bottom of the transmission pan plug to fill it up?
  16. G

99 Explorer brake lines

The line nuts are they SAE or Metric thread?
  17. G

99 Explorer brake lines

99 Explorer v6, the front and rear lines are rusted pretty bad. Soon I'm going to replace them. Are the lines double or bubble flare?
  18. G

Replacing the passenger side window motor

Which rivets do I drill out to remove the motor? Near the motor there is a nut and below it there is a rivet (with the yellow arrow) Is the motor held by this nut and one rivet?
  19. G

Replacing the passenger side window motor

99 Explorer and the pass side window is all the way down and won't go up. I tried both the driver and passenger side switch and nothing happens. I checked the connector and the power and grounds are good. I tried powering the window motor with the power probe and nothing happens. I'm...
  20. G

Brake master cylinder gone bad?

On a 98 Explorer, I replaced the front calipers then I gravity bled both sides, the passenger side which fluid came out after a few mins but the driver side no fluid came out. I let it sit for 30 mins and not one drop came out the bleeder. Thinking restricted brake hose? I disconnected the hose...
  21. G

Removing the alternator from a 07 Escape 4 cyl

Has anyone removed an alternator from a 07 Escape with the 4 cyl? Does the engine mount need to be removed and engine lifted up to get the alternator out?
  22. G

Where is the PCV valve located?

On a 2010 Explorer 4.0 v6, where is the pcv valve located?
  23. G

What lubricant to use to prevent the doors from freezing?

What is a good lubricant to use to prevent the doors from freezing? My friend has a 99 Explorer and the doors are always frozen solid when it sits overnight. I used silicone spray and that didn't work and I also tried WD40 and that didn't work. What else is a good lubricant to use?
  24. G

At what mileage should the trans filter and fluid be replaced?

My friend bought an 08 Explorer with the 4.0 v6 with 57K miles. What is the service interval for replacing the trans fluid and filter?
  25. G

Thermostat housing leak AGAIN!... can I use a sealant?

Explorer5150, Did you end up installing the metal housing? If so hows the fit and how much did you pay?
Back