Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 9

Ended up scrapping truck and buying different one :(

Ended up scrapping truck and buying different one :(
  2. 9

Main Divide Rd O.C. November

Mines still sittin in driveway since I started workin from home, needs a lil work but could make a dirt road trail :) and little dogs, does that mean I can take Scrappy with me? hehehe
  3. 9

uggg...ok. Keep me posted bro. Would love to go on a local day trip with some of the folks from here.
  4. 9

Sorry been away past couple weeks guys. So any idea when they might re-open the area?
  5. 9

Sounds fun and really close to here too!
  6. 9

Header question for 5.0

TG the 97's got factory headers....perfect fit, although not as high performance as other brands
  7. 9

Explorer Questions

Mine has oil cooler too, but not tow package. Just got a ball on back bumper for small trailers and elect brake system (which i believe was aftermarket)
  8. 9

46" 1991 Explorer in Iceland.

so you ever get the shop finished and begin more work on truck?
  9. 9

Exploder been sittin a bit as I been takin train to work and start new work from home thing in a...

Exploder been sittin a bit as I been takin train to work and start new work from home thing in a week
  10. 9

That's gonna be way easier to clean once you're done!
  11. 9

misfire misery

vacuum was fine....and even tried the paper test on exhaust and it went good......i'll find this backfire culprit sooner or later, until then the Exp sits in driveway other than short test-drives etc...
  12. 9

I have returned! With 4x4 issues...

Didnt get a chance to pull ecu but did run vacuum test and i think it was good.... 18.5 and steady at idle....dropped to just above 0 when i hit throttle....raised to 25 when i let off and then quickly settled to 18.5 again.
  13. 9

Wow, just had a chance to look thru your entire post, thats one sweet ride!
  14. 9

P0303 code gone but still backfires a little and no new codes...uggg

P0303 code gone but still backfires a little and no new codes...uggg
  15. 9

misfire misery

Well swapping the coil packs got rid of P0303 code and it idles smooth again, but still backfires a little under a load...yet no new codes popping up after a half hour drive. Guess I'll check vacuum and the injector wiring next. Then maybe the compression on the remaining cylinders I skipped...
  16. 9

I have returned! With 4x4 issues...

Thanks, thats good info. Putting it on my list of things to check next weekend.
  17. 9

misfire misery

Haven't checked the injector yet, that was going to be next area after trying to swap coil packs for final verification it isnt ignition. Also wanted to check vacuum on it as well.
  18. 9

misfire misery

Then there ya go, easy decision!
  19. 9

misfire misery

Yup, don't do it if you value youre relationship with her. Motorhead at heart here too bro lol.
  20. 9

misfire misery

Had to toss a big ole 4BBL Holley on it back then as the stock 2BBL didnt deliver enuff.....
  21. 9

misfire misery

Lol, back in the day I put 306 heads on my old '66 Fastback's 289....it upped the compression ratio so thats something to watch out on as it could require diff injectors an such to feed the beast.....and then sleepless nights with a pissed off fiance is never a good thing lol
  22. 9

misfire misery

Lol ok! I'll try it when I do the vacuum test, dont wanna start it up again til after compression check but its still to hot outside at the moment.
  23. 9

gonna test compression an vacuum to see if I got internal engine issue givin me the P0303 code...

gonna test compression an vacuum to see if I got internal engine issue givin me the P0303 code b4 I try fuel syst since ignition tested good
  24. 9

misfire misery

Oh dang! I never heard of the paper test James, is that for like fluctuations in backpressure thru exhaust? I'm scared mine might be a valve too so thats why I bought the gauges earlier this afternoon. Got truck sittin in driveway with hood open cooling off....well if it can since its upper 90's...
  25. 9

misfire misery

Hey James, I bought a compression gauge and also a vacuum gauge at harbor freight tools for pretty cheap today, gonna run those tests in a bit or tomorrow and that should point me in the right direction as I too got nowhere testing/swapping ignition components. I'll let you know how mine goes. John
Back