Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

Can't find intake manifold leak.

What Flash said.....I understand not wanting to put alot of cash into it...but you can get a set of lower and upper manifold gaskets as a kit for under $20.. 97-01 4.0 SOHC Fel-pro # MS90890 $16.99 upper and lower
  2. E

best low buck option for replacing stock 2000 sport speakers

Although i have a Kenwood head unit,,,i just bought 2 pairs of Infinity Reference 6832's off Amazon for $108.00...Awesome speaker...Nothing against Crutchfield or Sonic,,have bought from both before ,,but they wanted $102 and $89 a pair...Couldnt beat the deal for an awesomwe set of speakers...I...
  3. E

99 Eddie Bauer Stereo Head unit install ..3rd plug ??

Put this in the audio section and haven't gotten an answer...Thought i would try over here.. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Have a 99 Eddie Bauer with mach system,,bought a Kenwood KDC-HD752BT from Sonic Electronix...Came with harnesses and...
  4. E

Head unit install 99 EB mach ?? 3rd plug ??

Have a 99 Eddie Bauer with mach system,,bought a Kenwood KDC-HD752BT from Sonic Electronix...Came with harnesses and dash kit . My question is---- I want to retain the factory sub ..The harness kit they sent me is the Scosche FDK-13B ,,it came with the plug for the sub with rca's....My factory...
  5. E

Could someone please identify this hose?

It's just a vent for the rear diff and axle..Tear the old crap off the nipple and cut a clean end on remaining hose and install on nipple..If not enough hose left ,go to hardware store and buy new hose ..About .15 cents a foot.. But do fix it asap,,you don't want dirt ,water and asst other crap...
  6. E

99 explorer fuel pressure ?

P1000 basically means the the pcm hasn't had enough time and cyles to run all tests and checks on systems. I'm guessing that in all this work you've been doing ,you have had the battery discionnected recently. You have to drive the vehicle for a while after a reset to get everything relearned...
  7. E

What year???

Don't know the actual answer to your question,,but my 99 Eddie Bauer does have the running board lights. Might have been an option ?
  8. E

My 98 Died

Yes, you need enough pressure to start and sustain running.. Do the test as lined above. I had an issue with mine a few months ago and it wouldn't start until at least 35psi . You should have around 60 if i remember corectly.
  9. E

Low Idle Problem

I would think that's another issue with your alternator..I also have a 99 EB with SOHC, and with A/C and other stuff on mine idles good,but shows 500 on the tach..These tachs are not completely accurate..With my scanner hooked up ,reading live data,it reads 650 RPM and my alt is putting out 14.0...
  10. E

Thermostat plastic housing...$490??!!

I couldn't get one from Ford,,so,,i ended up getting a Dorman from Advance..The housing , along with the 2 temp sensors was $170.00 . I used coupon code VISA ,and that knocked $50 bucks off..So got it all for $120...Not a bad deal. I hope it lasts..This was about a month ago,so hopefully coupon...
  11. E

Really dumb oil change question,,but have to know !!

Thats definitely not an oring stuck on the pan. Its metal,and black in color..Tried putting the new plug back in with the oring on it by hand ,and all it will do is squish the oring...?? I've never seen a bolt or plug with an oring that didn't have an indentation or land ,for the oring to seat...
  12. E

Really dumb oil change question,,but have to know !!

Just bought this 99 Eddie Bauer 4.0 SOHC 2 months ago ,,found it on a Ford dealers lot,,they gave me a fresh oil change before i took delivery ..Doing 1rst oil change on it now..Drain plug seem to have a small leak ,,so i bought a vehicle specific one from o'reilly. Came with a new oring on...
  13. E

Charging Issue

# alts in 3 yrs ?? Are you buying the Autozone/oreilly specials ?? You will be replacing them every year if that's the case....They are very high failure items..Their Lifetime Guarantee ,doesn't mean squat when they're going out all the time..My time is worth more ..Yours should be too..Pay...
  14. E

Thinking about buying this Explorer

Need to make one more point....These vehicles are 10-13 yrs old...The odds of finding a perfect one aren't too good....Or one with maint records...Especially one from a little side road dealer...So,if you want a dependable truck,,you need to expect to put some $$ into it right after buying...Oil...
  15. E

Thinking about buying this Explorer

Way overpriced !!!! I bought my 99 Eddie Bauer with 160K 3 month ago for $2900 off a ford dealers lot outside of Houston....It ran rough and rode like crap,,but interior and exterior was perfect....Some plugs,wires,vac lines and intake gaskets,,,it runs perfect now,,,some shocks,swaybar links...
  16. E

What are rear bushings called?

Found the thread here ,, it has the part # http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=328309&highlight=rear+sway+bar i also replaced the rear stabilizer links when i did mine...i purchased moog links from autozone..If i remember correct,,they were like $24 a piece No, you do...
  17. E

What are rear bushings called?

They're called insulators or isolators ,,and the only place i was able to find them was ford..Very cheap though..I did mine a couple months ago and they were less than $20 from the dealer....Do a search ,,someone has a thread on here about replacing them..That's where i got the part #....They do...
  18. E

Fender Trim Help please

Blueka,,i'll take the chrome ones off your hands.....I only need driver side.. You don't happen to have the driver side rear fender flare for Eddie Bauer ( tan ) laying around ,,do ya ? erik
  19. E

Wheel well engine compartment flaps

I just bought a set from Rockauto.com , they were like $7.50 per side. Just installed them last night. Fit perfect
  20. E

98 Explorer rear differential problem

80w90 for open diff,,,75w140 for limted slip.. There should be a metal tag attatched to one of the bolts that states what oil. Hopefully it's still there.
  21. E

Front Stabilizer (sway) Bar bushing bolts and possible kit

one little bit of advice,,In your post you state - "And then loosen up the two bolts that I do have fully installed so that I can line up the remaining holes and then use my impact drill driver with some pressure behind it to get the bolts to start." You have bolts fully installed...? Back...
  22. E

Did something dumb...now have a ??

Just did the rear diff on my 99 Eddie Bauer... 4:10 rear end, no limited slip. Haven't driven yet..Just realized i put 2 qts of 75w140 and 1 of 75w90.. I have both weights on hand ,planning to do my F250 this week. It's supposed to take the 75w90.. Is the 75w140 too thick ? Do i need to...
  23. E

Numerous Problems with my '98 X

That's robbery..I haven't done an OHV,but have done SOHC,,2-3 hrs for someone who never has done it before...There are video's on this site and how to's with pics,,Even if you have to buy a tool or two and a Haynes manual ,,you can do the intake gaskets ( there is an upper and lower) for under...
  24. E

WTB-Driver side rear QTR Fender Flare- 99 Eddie Bauer

Like the title says,,looking for the driver side rear quarter panel wheel opening molding,with the chrome skirt attatched at the back ( fender flare ) for a 99 Eddie Bauer ,,tan color. Contact -Erik 832-660-5163
  25. E

Numerous Problems with my '98 X

I'd have to say that you have let the vehicle get beyond the low or no cost options...By the sound of it,,it's not going to be long before it leaves you stranded. Especially with it getting colder.. If that bearing that is whirring loudly breaks,it's not going to be pretty.If 2WD,.Can and will...
Back