Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

Westin Bull bar

I have a Westin Bull Bar off of my 2009 Explorer. It has been on my truck for about 6 months. Normal signs of wear. I plasti dipped the skid plate bt it can be removed. No dents. I would like to get $120 and buyer to pay actual shipping. I will consider reasonable offers I also have a...
  2. E

Need opinions. Bull Bar or Brush Guard?

I have a silver 09. The gf and I been going round and round trying to figure out which route to go. Either a full side Westin brush guard and leave the current gille as is. Or a Bentley style grille (black) and a Westin Bull Bar. I am a paid on call fire fighter. So I have lights and...
  3. E

Need opinions, polished or black?

I want to replace the factory running boards. I like either the Westin 6' ovals or the ATS E2. I just added black wheels so I am guessing most people will suggest black. But polished will tie into the chrome grill. I am not sure if a brush guard will be going on or not yet. So lets hear...
  4. E

Not to sure about lifting my Explorer??

I got my 2009 Explorer about a month now. I used to have a 2004 Explorer. I had a BTF spacer lift. I can't remember the exact height but it wasn't a drastic lift. After awhile I added the BTF upper control arms. The mounts for the upper control tore off the frame. So this is why I am...
  5. E

Can I just level my truck?

I just got new rims on my 09 Explorer. I need new tires yet. The passenger tires look terrible. So tires will be sooner then later. lol. I don't like how my truck sits so low in the front. Can I use something like the quick lifts and just level my truck? Or do I have to go with quick lifts...
  6. E

Kenwood Stereo

This is a Kenwood stereo that I had in my 2004 Explorer. Worked great. $80 shipped. Any questions send me a PM Thanks
  7. E

Weather Tech Mats and Black Headlights (2004)

I have a set of black Weather Tec floor liner/mats. They are black. The front have some signs of wear. They back one looks almost new. $100 and split shipping? I have a set of black headlights. Good shape. As I was taking one of the corners off. the tab where the screw goes through, it...
  8. E

Stock deck with aftermarket speakers?

I used to have a 2004 with a Kenwood deck and Focal speakers. Components in the front and regular speakers in the back. I took it out before I traded it in. I don't mind the stock stereo in the new truck (2009) But when I turn it up a bit it can start to distort at times. Would it be an...
  9. E

How do I get the fog light housing out?

I just got a 2009 Explorer. I have starting to put my lighting in for the FD. I need to get the fog light housing out to install some leds. How do I remove the housing? I can see the 3 black clips that hold it in. Thanks Eric
  10. E

Just got a 2009, I got questions.

I went from a 2004 that had a BTF spacer lift and UCA's. And various other mods. My new 2009 is plain. So the ideas begin. The mounts on my 04 where the UCA's attach to frame broke off. Not sure I really want to go that route for a lift. And the ride now is nice. I want the truck to be at...
  11. E

Thinking about a 08 or 09. Need opinions

Right now I have a 04 Explorer. I am looking at a silver 09 XLT with 66,265 miles. V6. $16,500. Or a white 08 with just under 88,000 miles with a V8. $13,995. It was government owned. This one is pretty far away so it would be a day trip to go see it. There are pros and cons to both. I...
  12. E

AWD compared to 4x4

I have had a couple 4 wheel drive trucks. Never had anything that was all wheel drive. I am looking at another 04 Explorer. It is a Limited with all wheel drive. Is this a good option to have? I am going to sound like an idiot, but does the all wheel just kick in when needed? Thoughts on...
  13. E

Mounts for UCA's snapped off the frame. Screwed?

I have a 2004 Explorer. I have had a BTF spacer lift for awhile. A few weeks ago I added the BTF UCA's. Felt solid for a week. Then it stated getting sloppy and there was a clunk when I turned. I looked but I didn't see anything obvious. Yesterday I stated my truck and there was a weird...
  14. E

Windows will not roll down?

I have a 2004 Explorer. My windows will not roll down. I checked all the doors and none of the switches work. I checked the 30 amp fuse under the hood and its good. I pulled it out and there is power leading to the fuse. I pulled the switches out on the drivers side and pass door and...
  15. E

Would my rims fit on a 2009?

I have a 2004 Explorer with 16 inch wheels. I am looking at a 2009 XLT. I was wondering if my wheels would fit on the 2009...
  16. E

Would my wheels fit on a 2005?

Right now I have a 2004 with a spacer lift. I have 16 inch rims with 265/70 Nittos. I am considering a 2005 that is stock height. The 2005 comes with 17 inch wheels. If I would get the 2005 could I put my 16 inch wheels fit? I am guess it would. But would the tired rub without a lift...
  17. E

Can a remote start cause electrical problems?

I have a 2004 Explorer. I couple fo years ago I had a remoste starter put in my truck. Can remote staters cause wierd electrical problems? About a week ago my truck stalled a couple times one night after I had my oil changed. It also started to hesitate. Then service engine light came on...
  18. E

Electronic Throttle Control light/problems

I have a 2004 Explorer. About a week ago I was driving and my truck stalled at a stop sign. It has 106,000 and has run fine. Then it did it again that night. Then the service engine light comes on. Well the stalling and hesatating gets worse. The electronic throttle control light (a wrench)...
  19. E

Clear corners w/strobes

I have a pair of clear corners that I had on my 2004 Explorer. I am a paid on call firefighter so I put some strobes in them. (Tomar stobe tubes at $30 each) If you wanted to hook the strobes up you would need a power supply. There are some amber flakes in the housings from the old bulbs...
  20. E

My new reverse lights

I am on a paid on call fire dept. and we are allowed lights and sirens on our personal vehicles. I recently changed most of my emergency lights. I changed the lights that were mounted next to my rear plate. The leds are dual color. Red/clear. The lights flash red or red clear and there is a...
  21. E

Opinions on LED reverse lights?

I have interior leds in my truck. As I was looking through Ebay for them I saw numerous vendors that sell LEDs for reverse lights. Has anone tried LEDs in their reverse lights? Do they make a difference? Thanks Eric
  22. E

2004 Key stock in ignition

I have a 2004 Explorer. Today the key got stock in the ignition. I tried a couple different things. I disconnected the battery and the key comes out. Well I had to drive home from work and it got stuck again. What causes this? PS. I did do a search
  23. E

Driving lights for a 2004 Explorer

I have a 2004 Explorer XLT. I had to replace the stock driving lights. I used some knock offs from Ebay. They were junk. I am looking for some stock driving lights. I need both right and left side. You can email me direct at FireFter55@aol.com If you could put driving lights in subject...
  24. E

Rhino brushguard. Pics

I got a Rhino Brushguard. I got it about a month ago. Looks better then I thought it would. It comes in a little box. The directions are terrible and it was not that fun to put on. Eric
  25. E

Air intake ?'s

I am starting to looking into getting new exhaust. I am pretty sure I am going with Gibson. I need to replace my air filter so I was wondering if I should get a different air intake or just go with a typical K&N filter? What are the advantages of going with a different intake? I don't to...
Back