Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

Need advice code 648 on 95 explorer

Thanks, Ill grab a manual before I drop the pan. My bad on the solenoid thing, i was thinking it was like a lot of solenoids in cars that are actually relays but they are called solenoids, not one that actually has mechanical movement like these. I was picturing one with a coil and a set of...
  2. E

Thanks for all the help! Im gonna pull the pan tomorrow and remove the solenoids and put 12v across the coil of each while running a 5 amp load thru the switched portion and see if there is any voltage drop, if the switched contacts are leaky that should show it hopefully. I also had another...
  3. E

are the shift solenoids external or inside the pan? If they are external ill pull them off and check them one at a time. Thanks for all the great info. For some reason my explorer wont come out of limp mode and stop flashing unless I unhook the battery cable. I let it sit overnight and it was...
  4. E

snoranger I know what the OD off button is for, but It resets every time you restart the vehicle and if I forget one day when im in a hurry ill set the code again once it hits overdrive then it will be back in limp mode and shift hard until I can unhook the battery cable and let the pcm reset. I...
  5. E

Ill start at the beginning. A few months ago my explorer had trouble going into reverse and there were 2 different times that the od off light would start blinking but would go away by itself without having to reset the pcm, I immediately bought a filter and fluid and had it changed. Everything...
  6. E

Transfer case interchangability question

awesome! thx so much for the help, ill buy the one from the 97 and get the front driveshaft with it
  7. E

My mechanic seems sure, it did it right after i took it out of 4 low and forgot to put it in neutral first. I tried like hell to properly disengage 4wd after that in case it was partially stuck with no luck. I had only had the explorer 2 days when this happened. He said the tcase had been...
  8. E

i think its a control trac, it has the automatic 4wd. i havent had my tcase out yet cause my explorer is all i have to drive so im tryin to find out before i get the other tcase cause i have to drive 2 hrs to pick it up thx mike
  9. E

I have a 95 explorer XLT 4.0 electronic 4wd and my transfer case is doing that thing to where it makes a horrible spinning sound when i let off the gas at over 30mph and sometimes i have to put it in 4 low to get reverse to engage without making that noise. A friend offered to sell me a low...
Back