Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

Coolant leak on 2002 Explorer XLT V6 4.0L SOHC

I definitely agree it was a shotty design.
  2. D

Yes it was, so is the new one. However, I doubt it was the heat that caused the crack. I think more than likely it was the pressure on the already small leak. I think the problem was more due to the way the sensors were mounted.
  3. D

My 99 Sport SOHC has had a *minor* coolant leak since I bought it 6 months ago. I now know that the leak was in the thermostat housing. The engine overheated for the first time about 2 months ago. I refilled it and everything seemed awesome. Then it almost overheated again a couple of weeks ago...
  4. D

How to: Overhead console display fix - 2nd Gen

Thanks so much, I was able to get the overhead display working again in my 99 sport because of this thread!
  5. D

Problem with liftgate glass.

For anyone else, I wrestled with this problem over the weekend. Found out that the bracket that held on my lock cylinder was cracked causing the lock to not fully change (in my case, I couldn't unlock the back glass). There is little slide at the front of the lock that pushes down on the latch...
  6. D

How to: 2nd gen console removal

Thank you so much for this, I thought it would take me at least an hour to remove my console, and another to remove one from the U Pull It yard. But I did both today in less than an hour including travel time. Now I have 1 good console by using parts from the two. Thanks again!!
Back