Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

pep boys; fail inspection; brake line; tie rods; e-brake

Before you go somewhere else, ask yourself, what will you do if the same prognosis is found to pass?
  2. S

How do I know if I have the towing package?

I have found over the years that the auxiliary cooler isn't needed at all if you are towing on gentle roads with some hills, in cooler temps and also if say your towing capacity is 5000 pounds and your are towing <3500lbs you should be fine and not need it. Turn off the OD, take your time...
  3. S

Any Recommendation for Shock Absorbers?

double thumbs up on the LTX
  4. S

Now what? OD flashing

The dealer took it for a ride and couldn't get any codes or faults out of it, like I said it seems to be driving fine. Just got word they can't get the light to come on now- maybe a false alarm or short
  5. S

Tires for 1999 Explorer

Some of the tires mentioned above, take aook at how much in weights are added to the wheel to balance them, with the Michelins on my truck there is less than a 1/4 oz
  6. S

Tires for 1999 Explorer

That's and they will actually save you money over the life of the tires in fuel savings, yeah they are a little more, but gas is gas. I think its on the Michelin site but they save you 150-200 gallons x $3.60, well you do the math. Man do they roll nice and great grip in the slop too.
  7. S

Now what? OD flashing

Not your typical OD flashing question.... Yeah its flashing, explorer runs fine, feels fine. I brought into the dealer and they hooked it up to the hand held, the hand held was working fine but could ot communicate with the explorer, no worries, come back during the week and we have another...
  8. S

So what do you like about your Gen 2?

Its paid for, 95 XLT 4wd, leather, sun roof, mint, no rust, kept in a garage, 120K on it with all maintenance complete......$1800
  9. S

I suddenly can not make or receive calls- HELP!

ok so heres what I did, i did a master reset from the setting screens, it erases everything and restores to factory default settings. Since I was going to sell the explorer any way. Worked fine, lost my screen savers etc, then zi simle re- paired my phone.
  10. S

I just paired my wifes phone, it it was the same result, I guess Ill pull the fuse..... BTW this is the very first issue of any kind big or small I have had with the sync & MFT.
  11. S

Vince, I did sell it, the hand off is on thursday, you think the EXPL some how knows it being sold? Thanks for the tip, ill try it with my wifes phone...... And see
  12. S

Ist I have done nothing to my phone, Tmobile sensation 4g, I have not synced it, nor updated any software, everything, bluetooth etc seems to be on. I have not made any changes to my 2011 explore, the phone, MFT and sunc has work flawlessy since day one. I have the latest rev from back in...
  13. S

2013 Blinker / turn signal...am I the only one??

I fixed my blinker stalk, it sold never happen again. I sold my exp in a private sale yesterday
  14. S

I won my lemon law case

Congrats, I hope you are pleased, shame you had to experience that though. I would expect a 2012, there are 1000s of out there right now. And a $10k kicker to the dealer will help move them.
  15. S

Do you feel cramped in your Explorer?

Buy a mini van, wait till the side door on the exp, is opened up on a car next you at the super market. Seriously there is a reason why they are popular with familys- and actually the details and amendities are very comparable to today luxury SUVS, if thats what you prefer, they drive great on...
  16. S

Do I have dry rot on my '11 tires already?

I have not had an alignment on any vehicle in decades.......and During that time I have hundreds of thousands of miles That picture above is driving way to fast into corners......
  17. S

Floor mats/liners/cargo mats

I may have an entire set for sale shortly, black, front, 1 & 2 row and cargo matt. Less than a year old and not abused. Just waiting for a deal to go thru. i am near boston of anyone is nterested
  18. S

Whats the first thing that has cracked, broke or scratched in your EXP?

actually I put it on that way on purpose.....
  19. S

2013 Ford Explorer Vs 2012 Acadia Denali

Buy a Honda Odyssey, its a no brainer, put tons of miles on it and it still will be worth some money. safe, reliable and proven. Your car should be whats best for the family,your pocket book, not your previous life style. seriously every thing from getting in an out for the kids safely as well...
  20. S

Compatible 3G/4G Modems

Am I missing something? Why would you need to plug in a mobile hotspot device ( not phone tethering) if its already working? I mean, just pair it with the devices in the car, plug it into the usb if you need power for it. Plugging it into the Car for connectivity is silly, itys just a dumb...
  21. S

Explorer SPORT or BMW X5?

I have found that my explorer with just 20K miles on it, still in mint condition is worth less that half of what i paid for it, in other words about 1/3 of sticker. I doubt you'd experiance that from a X5
  22. S

Broken pigtail antenna

You know, 3M tape is pretty amazing stuff, Im thinking for the shark fin. The do make a marine grade double back foam version, I have used it on my boat about 6 years ago and it has weathered anything you can throw at it. Jus saying
  23. S

MPG on new Explorer body style

Today running all around and staying in pace with highway speedersat times, never faster than 78....... I averaged 21.
  24. S

New England special edition...

Special incentives was $10,000 to the ford dealer, thats what I recently heard from 4 different people at 4 different dealerships. Unsolicited statements**I m not saying this was a direct tie into the New england Explorer- which I think is a little hype. The model with leather, back up...
Back