Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. H

Snow Driving

AWD is more of a performance feature not a safety feature, at the first sign of snow on our roads its usually the AWD vehicles that are in the ditch. FWD with a good set of winter tires is all you might need. just a thought.
  2. H

Explorer's Poor Headlights

I agree about the cut off being annoying. On a very dark "rough" country road with no lighting and on low beams the sharp cut off line bounces up and down, up and down almost putting you in an annoying trance, hypnotizing. Style-design over safety is what matters, I guess.
  3. H

from what I read after market bulbs will not last as long as OEM, maybe not even a year, my Mazda I installed after market bulbs and only got 8 to 9 months on a set.
  4. H

Its not the bulbs its the system, projector headlights, I had a Mazda with the projector headlights and they sucked on a dark rural road, wouldn't even illuminate signs on low beam. Had them checked and was told they are aimed correctly by the dealer. The heck with safety, style-looks is more...
  5. H

DVD Head Rest Install

If you have an Ipad there are a number of mounts for the head rest, http://www.proclipusa.com/headrestmounts/headrestmounts.aspx
  6. H

AWD vs FWD

Ottawa winters are much different than Torontos, if I lived in Ottawa I would consider AWD go Senators...ops got further than the Maple Loafs... With the first sign of winter the first vehicles in the ditch are usually SUV or CUV, over confident drivers?
  7. H

AWD vs FWD

I live just north of Toronto, Newmarket and my Edge is a FWD, I installed winter tires and have no issues with winter driving, even with a AWD you should still have winter tires, didn't want the extra cost of the AWD system at purchase, the extra gas consumption and high maintenance if something...
  8. H

A faster, simpler, better myford touch is here - MFT Update

Off topic but, are you serious? :eek: union wages and benefits just "MIGHT" be the reason a lot of jobs in North America have been lost to other counties. :mad: just saying ...
  9. H

If you had to do all that, touching the screen etc while driving, looks like a distraction to me.
  10. H

I noticed that in our large city newspaper the Ford new car dealers do not list the MFT as standard on the any of their Explorers, Edge, Fusion etc not even the Limited models, they only include Sync plus other options etc. No where in their ads do they rant and rave about the MFT system, the...
  11. H

Video on the Ford Edge forum on the fix, video quality not the greatest http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRL-vjE-G7E&feature=youtu.be
  12. H

paint underneath the roof rails / rail gutter

I had a rust bucket of a 2005 Mazda 3, even that ecno box had plastic roof covers over the joint, no rust at all on the roof at those plastic cover areas, the rest of the car is a different story, Google rusty Mazda 3, ops Ford did own a part of Mazda...My wife's 2010 Edge has plastic covers...
  13. H

My Sync Upgrade yet?

Ford slips to 10th in Consumer Report. Another reason Ford is working on fixing the MFT... http://ca.autos.yahoo.com/p/2434/subaru-named-worlds-best-automaker-ford-spi
  14. H

My Sync Upgrade yet?

If Ford didn't step up to correct this problem their sales would tumble also they might have a massive law suits on thier hands. When the warranty runs out on our vehicles and need a fix for a faulty, broken MFT I hope you have deep pockets to pay for the fix. Maybe just too much technology...
  15. H

My Sync Upgrade yet?

I got this from the Ford Edge Forum, don't know how reliable the poster is? Calvary is on its way http://www.fordedgeforum.com/index.php?/topic/9152-the-new-mft/
  16. H

MFT - Solution

I think Strike was being funny or trying, (he was successful), I think its called sarcasm;)....but some might not be on the ball and see it that way so its appreciated you confirmed it was not in the works to be standard equipment etc... :D
  17. H

2011 Ford Explorer XLT with XD SERIES.

not my vehicle but looks sweet, clean lines, looks luxurious and what mine would look like.. http://i618.photobucket.com/albums/tt266/NY1PR2009/DSC04467.jpg
  18. H

Dealer not dealing ...

I tried that once, after talking price and I was happy with it I mentioned I changed my mind and wanted to trade in my current ride. The salesman was pissed off with me, accusing me of playing games blah blah blah, its OK to shaft the customer but turn the tables and cry cry cry foul.
  19. H

2011 Ford Explorer XLT with XD SERIES.

I agree... 2 thumbs downs:thumbdwn::thumbdwn: turned into an ugly car. but thats just me, if you like its all that matters, but you asked, I think? :D
  20. H

Dealer not dealing ...

Just curious but whats included in the fees? what does it cover? Thanks
  21. H

Just got back from Oil Change and found oil on floor

if the oil level is low you might have damaged the engine, think if what would have happened if you drove longer and not knowing about the oil leak. If someone else changes my oil I always check under the car for leaks and the dip stick for oil in the crankcase to be sure before driving off
  22. H

MFT - Solution

I guess Ford expects owners to use the reset button a lot so lets make it more convenient instead of pulling a fuse or disconnecting a battery cable? just putting a negative spin on it...
  23. H

Freaking me out!

why would a pre owned 2011 be for sale already? the previous owner had too many issues and wanted to get rid of it? financial issues? does the dealer have service records?
Back