Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. N

rough idle, runs rich, no codes, misfire

the cam and crank sensors would cause all to misfire or not fire at all, but not just 5, and the other one is perfect, if its bad the symptom would be seen in all cyl. not just 5......right? connectors look good, cleaned the sensors too.
  2. N

the duratec, thats a good motor, never had an ounce of problems with it till I had to replace the alternator, then I wanted ill will against the engineer and anyone close to him. seems the best motors that ford has aren't theirs. where is the sensor located? is it in the same location at the...
  3. N

what resistance should the cts read when warm? maybe I can spoof it also is there just one? I know on my buddies dodge, there are two, one is for the pcm and the other is for the instrument cluster.
  4. N

inductive gun I hooked up the timing gun to verify some things. All cyl misfire regardless of temp. except one. center drivers side cyl is the only one that fires consistently. I have been working on other things so the explorer has been on the back burner, that, and I'm pissed that I have...
  5. N

First of all, thank you for your post. I'll be sure to check the ect sensor, you could be right. I will also do a compression test when I get a chance. I do not have a scanner tool, just an el cheapo actron code scanner that tells me pend/codes and allows for clearing them, it will not show...
  6. N

Ok, just like the title says. I have replaced every piece of emissions control equipment on this thing. I have a rough, low idle "about 700 rpms" although the inductive timing light says otherwise. new plugs and wires, new coilpack, has a misfire on all cyl. like a stutter, as if they are...
  7. N

strange problem, need help

still at it ok, so I have been out of the game for a while. I am now getting out of the corps and have renewed motivation to get this thing fixed so I can sell or keep it. P0174 recurring, tells me that it is a pass side vac leak, there is a large hissing sound at first startup that subsides...
  8. N

I've been stupid busy, I am selling my dodge motorhome and am getting it ready for sale, has a fouled out plug. *curses* won't even idle. I sent the PCM to a place out of Jacksonville FL. cost me 280.00 but will be completely calibrated when it gets back, and I will not need to redo the...
  9. N

Still no joy on the smog test, one place failed me because all of my monitors were not on. The other one failed me for a burned out CEL, not for a code, mind you, but the bulb being burned out disqualifies you from passing. The first place found that they could not keep it at 2500, which is...
  10. N

that is the protective powder coating of the desert, we call it sand and dust, but I suppose others call it by different names, LOL. Hold Tight, I'll post some more pics soon.
  11. N

nope, didn't mention it earlier because I just put it on there for the 4gas and the smog test, cannot finish registration without a passing test. I just literally put it on there yesterday. works great. I'll remove it, of course, to finish troubleshooting the problem after my registration is...
  12. N

I have a no crap test for that, I will detail it for you tomorrow, I take it that you have no codes?
  13. N

I am going to post a diagnostic as I do it tomorrow. I drove 107 miles from the gas station to Amboy, and back. I used a total of 5.7 gallons of gas. that is ~ 18.77 mpg, this is with it running rich, and I haven't a good alignment, and without proper tire inflation. I am almost certain that...
  14. N

still no codes, no improvement though, runs worse than before, with "old" MAF:mad:
  15. N

intermittent, hasn't come back up yet, after a good cleaning with maf cleaner *knock on wood* the connectors were crossed before, this happened after I corrected them.
  16. N

Gonna try that, have to go to the commissary to buy a plunger and some liquid plumber.
  17. N

maf So I installed the new maf from autozone, which is a re-manufactured unit, and the initial outcome was a little scary. I thought, holy crap, this thing runs worse now, waaaay worse. I revved it, and it evened out, MAP relearn process, and still runs the same, if not, worse, by a very...
  18. N

picture time Got some pictures for ya, finally got everything worked out. adding a new ground my new injector connectors, don't hate new "well new to me anyhow" injectors painted my front grille, now doesn't look like a leper interior was filthy when I got it, soon was remedied...
  19. N

I am going to try that, I have to wait till my buddy can give me a ride.:(
  20. N

injector Why would you have to replace the injector? All of the ones I got from the scrap yard have good spray patterns, and all have good resistance across the pins. Maybe the MAF is the problem, despite having the backprobe test done and it turned out good. The diagnostic test with the...
  21. N

I did this, egr works, and does not get stuck. I sprayed carb cleaner all around this area, no change in idle. There is a change in the idle when I apply a vacuum to the EGR actuator, and plug the vacuum line.
  22. N

pump issue?? this tends to happen when you buy stuff from "autojunk" I have personally seen this with a mustang owner, three fuel pumps from autozone were indeed bad, and did not push sufficient pressure, finally his fourth arrived from a warehouse in L.A. and it worked. What else could cause...
  23. N

So no MAF or o2 today, but I ran a plethora of tests to see if the PCM is bad. Either I prove that the pcm is good and something else is the cause, or the PCM is bad. I tested the FPR, initially, I thought that it was bad, however, upon inspection of the hand vacuum pump, I realized that it was...
  24. N

did the MAF test, like four times, got the same result each time. I'll go to Autozone tomorrow and get a new one, as well as a new front o2. "threw the p0135 code again" well see if that helps.
  25. N

Help, my radio harness has been spliced

most awesomestest link ever:thumbsup::cool: thanks a million
Back