Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 1

Junk it or keep it?

I'm considering fixing it but its just hard for me to keep dumping money into a vehicle that is worth $2500 in perfect shape and those fiberglass quarter panels are so damn expensive
  2. 1

Junk it or keep it?

Is this fixable or do I have to replace the entire steering rack?
  3. 1

Junk it or keep it?

Frame horns are definitely bent but aren't to bad,its 2wd probably just going to part it out on cl
  4. 1

Junk it or keep it?

Crashed my explorer today, was doing around 70 MPH on the freeway and my right rear tire let go, I did a 180 from the fast lane into the center divider .got so close to rolling her I could literally stick my hand out if the window and touch the ground .snapped the tie rod smashed up the front...
  5. 1

Show off your LIFTED 2nd GEN

Cranked torsis, 32's
  6. 1

Exhaust stacks?

Any takers?
  7. 1

exhaust bolts?

Do you remember around how much
  8. 1

exhaust bolts?

Any one know the best place to buy exhaust manifold bolts and head bolts for my 96 4.0
  9. 1

Exhaust stacks?

Just run the the exhaust up straight through the Hood with cherry bomb stacks . Lmao!
  10. 1

92 ford ranger

Sounds like your clutch plate is gone, my Toyota pickup did the same thing when I bought it.
  11. 1

Rear Pinion Bearing Going...

I rebuilt my rear end for $90, just the cost of bearings .if you have access to a press and can do basic mechanic work you can rebuild a rear end. I recommend pulling the whole axle unless you have a car lift. Hardest part was removing the old bearing races with a punch and mini sledge, you can...
  12. 1

Things you need to fix and things you HAVE to fix

I'm right in the middle of a rebuild on my 4.0 ohv so ..... NEED 1.new push rods and rockers 2.exhaust bolts 3.head bolts 4. Need new front ball joints, the rubber boot is completly cracked WANT 1.new front bumper and grill , current grill is cracked and bumper is dented 2. New 33" tires...
  13. 1

Newbie just got a 95 XLT, need appearance advice

Welcome to the forum, peel that nasty pinstripe for starters! LOL
  14. 1

$70 Lift, yea and it works.

Only one word comes to mind "FAIL", nice work there buddy!
  15. 1

stock or aftermarket heads?

So I pulled my heads today due to a misfire and a coolant leak, anyway I noticed the head said mahle on it and had a melted heat tab im wondering if these are stock heads or if they have already been replaced once. I Would think they would say Ford on them
  16. 1

chocolate milk? not sure?

I still can't find what's wrong with my ex I'm getting a cylinder four misfire, I have spark have fuel, I'm thinking its a cracked head but have good compression no chocolate milk on the dipstick no excessive smoke, slight sweet smell but I'm currently pressure testing the radiator for leaks...
  17. 1

HELP! low compression on all cylinders

Its a constant misfire from start to operating temp, Cel throws a po304 cylinder 4 misfire, I got all new plugs autolite platinums. I checked the plug wire with a spare plug wire and a spark testing light, I swapped wire 3 and 4 on the coil pack all with no change, compression test was all...
  18. 1

OK so I did get a lot better reading with the engine warmed up ,I got around 120 psi, but now I'm stumped. I checked the plug, wire, and coil, has decent compression , and i still have a misfire ,all that's left is the fuel injector or a small pissing coolant leak into the cylinder any other...
  19. 1

It runs but I have a cylinder 4 misfire
  20. 1

I tested. It cold with all the plugs out and throttle Closed , motor has 143xxx on it
  21. 1

I tested. It cold with all the plugs out and throttle Closed
  22. 1

I have a 96 explorer 4.0 ohv, today I did a compression test and got about 90 psi on all cylinders, I don't know if its bad rings, valves or timing chain, also I think I may have a cracked head, what do you guys think? Also do you think I'd be better off buying a used motor or rebuilding...
  23. 1

Rough idle and code po304

I'm going to pull the upper intake today and mess with the injectors and pull the valve Cover on the driver side I've got some valve noise in there anyway
  24. 1

Rough idle and code po304

No po304 is the only code, I tried swapping the 3 and 4 wire on the coil and cleared the code, no change, same code came back, spark plugs all look the same
Back