Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

AC blows cold when moving, but warms up when stopped?

Hmm, good idea, I'll try that today. Does that mean I need a larger pressure gauge to fit the high pressure side? Or is there another way to check it?
  2. J

AC blows cold when moving, but warms up when stopped?

Is this normal? 2005 Explorer, manual AC controls. Replaced blend door actuator 9 months ago, just pulled out the broken recirc door last week which had stopped the airflow. I sealed up almost all of the fresh intake vent from under the hood cowling too. This issue has been happening since...
  3. J

XLT or NBX

How'd you get a hold of the original window sticker? I've got the same seats as yours (except red/black) and am also curious about mine.
  4. J

Inconsistent vibration after new tires

Don't think I can be much help, but I have a very similar issue. I have an 05 with 65k miles. Bought it in October last year and it already had 20" wheels with new Toyo Proxes ST 2's on them. It had a vibration I thought was balance, but it definitely came and went. Took it to the tire shop...
  5. J

rear body panel crack? who has it!!

2005 XLT with 65k miles. Bought it in October and haven't seen any signs of a crack.... until today :( I thought I lucked out, but sure enough I can see the crack forming just to the left of the Ford emblem. This is going to drive me nuts...
  6. J

Is 03 Explorer Prewired for Radio controls on Steering Wheel?

Thanks for the part number! Man, I guess this is going to have to wait. $80 for the switch and another $60-$80 for the box so it can work with my Kenwood HU...I think I just may stick to the Kenwood remote control for now!
  7. J

Is 03 Explorer Prewired for Radio controls on Steering Wheel?

Any chance you have any prices/websites you used? I've been trying to figure this out for a while and can't seem to find just the steering wheel audio control module for sale. All I can find is the cruise control set (both sides) like I have now.
  8. J

111K 05 explorer?

Based on the limited description, I wouldn't pay $9k for it. Just got mine back in November. '05 XLT 4x4 V8 w/AdvanceTrac (3rd row, most options, yada yada yada) with 63k miles for $12k otd. Oh, and that included the brand new 20" rims with brand new Proxes ST2's :D What motor does it...
  9. J

Stereo Help!!!

Do you mean coming out the back of the stock hu? Mine had three, 1 for the main harness (large block connector), 1 for the sub hookup (smaller block connector) and the third is the radio antenna (small right angled jack type connector). Are these the ones you're seeing? If so, then yes they...
  10. J

Small round switch by parking brake...what is this???

I never even noticed the speaker until I was running the mic line for my head unit install last week so I'm thinking it's probably good where it is :thumbsup: I keep discovering new things about this truck (and how well the previous owner took care of it!) every week. After 3 months, I'm...
  11. J

Here's a few shots of the sensors on the truck. I've seen other 3rd Gens with backup sensors, but they've always been a part of a solid strip that's attached to the bumper and extends across all 4 sensors. Is that type the stock option? I don't care that these are aftermarket, they work...
  12. J

I'll take a pic in the morning and post it up.
  13. J

Well, mystery solved, thanks to your guys' direction. I ruled out the govt tracking device (found that in the glove box :p: ) Actually, I just went out and turned it to off, put the car in reverse and didn't hear any beeping. Turned it back to LO, did the same thing and the beeping came...
  14. J

Oh, and I don't believe it has an aftermarket alarm, at least not that I can tell (no siren in the engine bay, stock Ford remote and stock panic alarm), but I guess I can dig around a little more to see.
  15. J

I haven't traced the wires all the way, just into the kick panel, but I did not remove it. The truck does have the backup sensors that beep horrendously loud when it senses something behind it. That's a good idea to check out.
  16. J

I was wiring in the bluetooth mic for my new head unit last night when I noticed this small switched thing. It's located just below the release pull for the parking brake on the drivers side kick panel. It almost looks like a sensor or a speaker. It's between the size of a half dollar and...
  17. J

Center Rear Brown Fluid Spill (2002)

Well, for me, any fluid leak is a concern on any of my vehicles. How much of a concern is another matter. It's hard to tell the scale of that puddle in the picture, so I can't say for sure how much has leaked out. The capacity for a Gen 3 rear diff is around 1.6-1.75 liters I believe. And...
  18. J

Center Rear Brown Fluid Spill (2002)

If it was between your rear wheels it's probably your rear diff. If that's coming from your tranny, you've got some big problems! :) Rear diff fluid is 75w140 so it's pretty thick and if it hasn't been changed in a long time it will look really dark and sludgy, at least that's what mine looked...
  19. J

Check Advance Trac flashes in MC when I turn off Ex

Bump, anyone not have plans tonight and care to weigh in? :)
  20. J

Check Advance Trac flashes in MC when I turn off Ex

I know I've seen this talked about more here, but my searches aren't coming up with anything substantial. The only thing I can find is this post about a TSB for this issue: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2188050&postcount=9 This is exactly what is occurring on my Ex...
  21. J

Is a Head Swap Easy?

I believe it's going to be a pretty straightforward, easy job. I'm getting ready to install this Kenwood deck myself: http://www.crutchfield.com/p_113KDCX695/Kenwood-Excelon-KDC-X695.html?tp=5684 Not as nice as the one you're getting but fits the budget and gets me iPod connection and...
  22. J

2005 XLT HU Install

Thanks JT! Now I just need Santa to come :p:
  23. J

2005 XLT HU Install

I completely realize this is an old thread, but is there any way JT in MD to get relinked pics??? I just learned that Santa will be bringing me a new HU for Christmas and want to get my research done early on how to install it!
  24. J

Slight airflow from floor on all settings

Great info! So is the Function Selector Switch is the dash switch to select where air goes, right? The end view in the first pic, is that directly behind it? This looks like it could get pretty tedious trying to test out all those lines, but at least it gives me a place to start, thanks...
  25. J

Slight airflow from floor on all settings

Same (or similar) problem with mine. I posted a thread a couple weeks ago that didn't really get anywhere. I've checked my recirc door and it's intact and working as it should so I've ruled that out. My next thing to check is all the vacuum lines. Not sure how to do that yet though...
Back