Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

Help finding DRL's 2015 explorer

I've read the post about the Phillips DRL's. I can't find where to order them. Would someone help me on this? Thanks
  2. C

Question on something.

After driving about 30 miles and pulled into garage and shut engine off. Unloaded groceries. Went back out to close lid. Notice water by left muffler about the size of a dinner plate. I started up and laid down to check it. There was cold air coming from between 3 tubes. It was really fast air...
  3. C

exhaust question

I bought the wife a 2015 Explorer yesterday. Washed it this morning and pulled in garage to wax it. It ran maybe 3 minutes. My question. I know the mufflers have drain holes. I saw a small puddle of water in the middle. Crawled under and looked. Water was dripping from a small hole at the...
  4. C

2016 Ford Explorer review, thoughts?

Deja vu I watched a utube video on the 2016 explorer from town and country ford in Alabama. A man drives the new model around the country showing it to dealers. As he was showing it he said there were 2 flaws on it. A dent in the roof and a FINGER PRINT ON THE PASS SIDE HEAD LIGHT. SOUND...
  5. C

Debut of 2016 Explorer

2016 explorer sport I watched a video yesterday on town and country tv in Alabama. There are people that drive the new explorers around to different dealerships to show them. In the comments section he was telling that after the vehicle has been shown and taken back they crush it. Also, he said...
  6. C

Ford news

Up to 500 ford employees are getting a raise from $19.28 to $28.50. There goes the price. 40 hours x $28.50= $1140 a week, $4560 a month. And they still haven't gotten the build correct on the explorer after 5 years. Pass door and tail gate out of alignment.
  7. C

How to get better Gas Mileage?

fuel milage I filled up in Elizabethtown, Ky last week. Drove to Columbia, KY (my home). Before I came up the hill towards my drive way I had 29.6 mpg. Its about 62 miles, some steep hills. I was driving between 55 and 60. Going down a hill I would speed up to about 70. and let it pull itself...
  8. C

Ford Quality Control

More on Quality Control Yes. I had 3 Explorers with tail gates not aligned. All 3 on the pass side. I'm not paying a site just so I can post pics. I forgot on my 2012 limited the pass head light lens had either a finger or thumb print on it. There are other post in this forum about this...
  9. C

Ford Quality Control

My story, 2012 limited.301A package. Windshield noise, the bee above pass sun visor . Black electrical tape fixed that. Rain noise, tin drum. Epas locked up. Pass door not aligned. Tail gate not aligned. Nav and voice commands were terrible. Traded for a town and country limited. Liked it ok...
  10. C

Traded it

I haven't had any real problems with my black limited. Things i didn't like were the windshield noise, (fixed with black tape). The tin sound when raining, Tired of fooling with the MFT, poor navigation, poor voice recognigition. Always had trouble getting A/C to work in the back. For some...
  11. C

cool seats, not so cool

With the seats A/C on. EX A/C set to 74 degrees and fan full speed. Seats did not seam to get very cool. Is ther a way to control the seat temp? I looked in the book and found nothing. Does the vehicle temp control what comes out of the seats? :exp:
  12. C

Replacing air filter

I did this After you undo the 2 clamps, slide the unit to the left to get the prongs out of their holes. Lift the right sideup. It will hit the extruding pieces. Just bend them up a little and jiggle it out. It can be done without removing the plug or clamp. Just take your time and be gentle...
  13. C

Voice command stopped responding

same here since i installed the mft update mine was working like before. Press button, she says, say command. then it just stopped. Now, press button, just a ding. I just say a command and go from there. When i hear the bing i know she is listening. no big deal for me. :salute:
  14. C

flash drive happy

I ran accross the flash drive question. Outstanding. Here is my story. Our 1st tv was a 9 inch B/W. The transistor radio came out when i was about 9. I remember 8 track tapes, cassette tapes and now cd's. Never had a flash drive. After i read the post i went to Wally world and bought a 8 GB...
  15. C

Media center / MFT tip

Question about this I can download music from my computer to a USB and then just plug it in my exployer and play songs? What do i need to do on the exployer to play the songs? Thanks, Earl:exp:
  16. C

2nd row console

Walmart I bought 1 at walmart for $30. Not fancy, but has cup holder and a storage area. Put a small pillow on it to rest your arm on. It matches my interior.
  17. C

Radio Is Powered Full Time.

mine too I saw the post, so i tried mine. I like it. I was pushing the start button every time my radio went off to listen to it. Now, when it goes off i just turn it on again. It will still go off after 10 minutes or so. I think this is a cool feature. I really like to be able to just touch...
  18. C

lost systems check since update.

My bad I've only had it 6 months and still haven't learned how to operate it. I was looking on the wrong icon. I found it. do i feel dumb.
  19. C

lost systems check since update.

I don't have the systems check since i put in the upgrade. All i can do now is reset my oil life. It doesn't show washer fluid or brakes anymore.
  20. C

door locks question

After driving and coming to a stop, ignition off, my rear doors don't unlock. This is with a passanger in the the back seat. I am not outside the vehicle.The child door lock is in the correct position. What settings do i use to get the rear doors to unlock? Thanks, Earl
  21. C

removal question

How do you take off the lower air spoiler on the front. It is way to close to the ground. Thinking of taking trans cooler vent off also. I don't tow anything so i don't need it. Thanks, cowboy
  22. C

2012 explorer windshield noise

do this black electrical tape along the rubber strip. 1/2 on the rubber, 1/2 on the windshield. They should be out with a TSB in January.
  23. C

Chicago Assembly Plant (CAP)

Well gee. I wonder why he didn't notice the finger print on the head light. Real good final inspection.
  24. C

fingerprint

mine too I just checked mine. Same print on pass side. Who they hell puts these bulbs in. Your supposed to wear gloves to put them in. I'm getting more pissed with ford every day.
  25. C

high pitch sound after shut down

mine does it also Sometimes i get a hum or noise from under the hood. It only last a few seconds and then stops. Not sure what it is. It it breaks i have a warrenty.
Back