Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. L

EEC Fuse keeps blowing URGENT HELP NEEDED

Take a working head lamp, put some wires and suitable connectors on it and put in the EEC fuse socket and the light will be on. Check/wiggle/bend etc your wiring till you see the light go out and you have found your short or at least a location for it. Mine was in the wiring to the drivers side...
  2. L

Four Wheel Drive Not Locking and cheapest lift

94 auto hubs not locking for me either. Took them off and cleaned with paint thinner and still no front lock. You can hear and feel the difference in gears when you go into low but the front axle just does nothing as far as pulling goes! Replaced hubs from another 94 and same thing, no 4 wheel...
  3. L

ECE main fuse blowing

found it, someone had put the knock sensor in wrong and the connector shorted on the EGR pipe till it burned thru it. One of the best damn trouble shooting tips I found on another board that helped, use a headlight with jumpers in place of the blowing fuse, when the short is located the light...
  4. L

ECE main fuse blowing

fuse blows when I turn the key to the on position. Not even getting to start. Anyone ever have issues with wiring who might hae a likely spot to check or any other ideas? TIA :us:
  5. L

How to: Rebuild 4X4 Shift Motor

Took off my hubs and cleaned all the grease out but the rear wheels still and nothing from the front wheels it seems. Has anyone ever taken apart the hubs or could explain to me how they work? Hate to replace it if it is repairable!
  6. L

Hubs Well that was a fast reply for sure! Maybe I will just drive to Brockton and have you check them to be sure..LOL Will check on hubs for sure, had manuals on my old Blaser which was a beast to be sure! I know I put new rotors on recently and put a lot of grease in there so maybe...
  7. L

I have no high or low, switch and lights work and seems to be in lower gear but no 4 wheel drive! Damn aggravating get stuck in my driveway every night after this record snow fall! HELP!!
Back