Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. G

MyFord Touch iPhone 4 Pictures

I'm not a fan of Apple nor do I dislike them - but I think Apple was right on Flash. Adobe (who makes Flash) has even decided to discontinue the product for mobile devices. Do a quick search on "Flash no longer supported" for an interesting read. There are companies who do not allow Flash to...
  2. G

Couple of questions - iPhone App & Performance Update Number

Hey Sgt1441 I think what you aren't realizing is that I'm using MFT compatibility as a reason to buy a phone, and not as a reason not to buy a phone. If phone x won't work with the car, I don't need to buy it. I'll wait for one that does. I want to use the phone to do cool stuff in the car...
  3. G

Couple of questions - iPhone App & Performance Update Number

Hey I'm one of those people! And I think waiting is the smart thing to do. After spending time on this forum and seeing all the issues, do you think it wise to trust Ford that any new phone and my car will work well together? I certainly don't trust Verizon anymore, as their updates have...
  4. G

*OFFICIAL* I Received My MFT - MyFord Touch Software Thread.

For everyone looking for their update package, I'll report in. Mine arrived today (in California.) Took 33 minutes to install.
  5. G

MFT - MyFord Touch Update received at home

My upgrade package arrived this morning - installed it while driving home from the farmer's market. Upgrade took 33 minutes to complete. Since it finished 45 minutes ago, I don't know if I like/dislike it yet... I'll post back later.
  6. G

Waiting to purchase phone until after performance update

Yes, this is the 2nd family phone ruined by operating system updates. My wife's HTC Eris and my Motorola Droid both have been ruined by automatic updates. You can read about the Eris problem online - they updated a driver incorrectly and never bothered to go back and fix it. My problem didn't...
  7. G

Rush to production

I took ownership of my EX just after Thanksgiving 2011. So far I haven't had any of the issues described in the forum. I think that many of the inital production issues have been worked out now. I wouldn't be as concerned if you are ording an ex vs buying one with an earlier build date...
  8. G

Defective second row seat seatbelt configuration.

I understand your pain using the bench seat. I also own an Buick Enclave that has a bench seat. The middle seat has a similar issue with space, enough so that we make the oldest child sit in the 3rd row 95% of the time. Occasionally we need to put 3 people on the bench, but we really only use...
  9. G

Fuel Mileage?

I have a FWD, but I have also noticed that my MPG has been continously improving over the break in period. For the first week, I was under 15, but after a month I'm getting close to 19 (all city miles right now.) When it stops improving I'll make another note. So the engine needs to break...
  10. G

I live in Europe, and need help with my 2012 Explorer.

Gerrit, I found this thread on their website: http://ourcommunity.telenav.com/telenav/topics/european_sd_card_for_my_fordtouch Looks like the map data is a "comming soon" item. Once available you'll buy them from the Ford Dealer.
  11. G

Voice activated sync, broke, nav, broke

I recently noticed that if I enter my destination before I back out of my garage the navigation system often can not determine my starting point correctly. I think my garage blocks the GPS reception. When I back out of the garage first before I set my destination I have much fewer issues. I...
  12. G

Garage door opener on visor not compatable with Marantec garage door opener

I was in the same boat as you CDN. I call lear again and just ask for the converter as you found out that yours isn't compatable. As long as your garage door has a place to hook in the wiring it should work. Specifically they sent me 2 Wayne Dalton Car2U Receivers (one for each door)...
  13. G

MFT Gen2 demo from yours truly!

Nice job, expecially for using a camera phone to grab that. Hopefully we won't have long to wait now.
  14. G

DMB Graphics: Ford Gel Badges

I'd really like to see the pictures of this once you have it done.
  15. G

CNET car tech shows off the new MFT interface.

I noticed that CNET did a video showing the new MFT interface. I don't think I can imbed it (will try to figure that out) A link to the video is here.
  16. G

That's a good idea, but I'm not sure it will really be a good test if the demo phone is not really configured for real life use. I also need to get the performance update installed before I go bother verizon. I do not think I can consider the testing valid if it is done before the performance...
  17. G

Total miles for a full tank of gas

+1 for larger tanks. If the mpg loss over 2 gallons causes that much concern, people could always take advantage of the new year and lose those extra pounds they are carrying these days because we drive everywhere! I wonder how much MPG you gain per pound lost.....
  18. G

What would you do?

I like what Sean99 said... but if your are like me... I'm not sure I would be able to tell what was or wasn't done. I had some issues with a power steering repair on my 10 year old camaro. I took it to a 2nd GM dealer had asked them to do a spot check on the colors of the fluids for me...
  19. G

Any luck setting up 911 Assist?

After reading your post today, I got into my Ex to try it out myself. I was able to set up ICE 1 & 2. I did notice that my contacts had buttons above it to sort by section of the alphabet - maybe you need to use the sort to get to your other contacts?
  20. G

So recently my Motorolla Droid was completely broken by a final "security update" pushed out by Verizon. It was designed to prevent users from rooting the device and running custom software. Instead it prevented me from making/receiving phone calls and text messages. Ironically, the only...
  21. G

Garage door opener on visor not compatable with Marantec garage door opener

This is already resolved, just wanted to share for those who come looking for answers. I picked up my limited about 6 weeks ago - and thought I could set up the visor to work with my Marantec garage door opener using the remote from the old car. This is how I had set up my wife's enclave and...
  22. G

Ordered my Limited on Friday!

Cory was able to track mine with the dealer name/location and the order number. I didn't have a vin. ETA TOMORROW!
  23. G

Just ordered 2012 Limited

I had a very similar experience where they told me that they ordered it and the computer accepted it, but that they didn't get the DORA until some internal process happened. I don't know if that is true or not, but the sales manager didn't want to go look it up for me and finally got what I...
  24. G

Ordered a 301... only took 4 weeks to get the dora number from my salesman.

My ETA has moved from 21st to the 22nd, but it is on the move! We'll see what day it actually arrives. If it shows up as scheduled, that will be a 6 week delivery.
Back