Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. L

Went from a 2020 Platinum to a 2021. Surprised by all the changes

Long backstory story short, I had some issues with my 2020. Absolutely love the Explorer, so wanted to stick with a like-vehicle, so I ended up in a 2021 that was identically speced with the exception of the wheels being 21” vs 20” on my old ride. I’m surprised with how many refinements had...
  2. L

Platinum seat back fraying badly, Ford can’t supply part

Let me start of by saying that I really do love my 2020 Explorer, but it hasn’t been without some issue. Most of my concerns the factory has been very good about addressing, however, when I purchased about 5 months back, I noticed immediately there was a loose thread on the ‘Platinum’...
  3. L

You can recline the center second row bench seat

This morning my little ones were begging for me to recline their seats in the second row, so I did it for fun. Well, I thought, “wonder what happens if I pull the center release strap and push back?” Sure enough, it allows the center seat to recline also. I might be late to the game here, but I...
  4. L

iPhone 12 Pro Max is a tight fit on the induction pad

Just a heads up for anyone that is going to get an iPhone 12 Pro Max. The phone is slightly taller than the previous Max sized iPhones and most cases won't allow the phone to fit on the 2020 induction charging pad if you do like to use it (personally I love it after going wireless on CarPlay). I...
  5. L

Guilty pleasure / personally-essential accessories

Late into the ownership of my 2016 Explorer I discovered the removable handle inserts that allow for storage and accessory inserts for the front console that allow for much better organization. I immediately jumped on ordering both when I purchased my 2020 and they just arrived. I’m super happy...
  6. L

Does anyone have experience with canvasback cargo liners?

I just got a 2020 and I really need to order a cargo liner. I’m reusing the one from my 2016 and it’s fine as a temporary solution, but it’s hardly long-term. I have a love-hate relationship with these things as I haul a lot of stuff around most of the time, so I really want to protect the...
  7. L

Was set to buy a Palisade Caligraphy or Telluride SX Premiere, Ended up with a 2020 Platinum

I figured I’d share my car buying experience with others in case anyone else is in the same boat - I figured it might help. The past few weeks I decided it was time to upgrade my 2016 Explorer Platinum.I had upgraded the APIM and was running SYNC 3, so all-in-all I was in a pretty good place...
  8. L

How-To: Mirrortap install for 2016+ Explorer (for Radar Detector / Dash Cam)

I couldn't find any info about installing a Mirrortap in a 2016+ Explorer, so I decided to work it out and make a video / slideshow. This shows you how to tap a keyed, 12v power circuit in the rear view mirror for installing a hardwired radar detector or dash cam. I did this in my 2016 Platinum...
  9. L

2016 Problems installing front turn signal LED bulbs

Per a recommendation in another thread I installed these LED bulbs to replace my front turn signals bulbs: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PHTXWQS/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1 The bulbs themselves work great, but I'm getting hyper flash on the turn indicators (the bulbs...
  10. L

Material quality is garbage and the reason I won't be going with a 2014 Explorer

Edit: Ford fixed all my trim issues after talking to their regional service, which I really appreciate. I've had my 2012 Limited since January 1st, 2012 and have loved the look and feel of it. I've always enjoyed driving it and while Sync has been problematic at rare times, like it is for...
  11. L

My review of the New 2012 Ford Explorer (After 4 months of ownership)

So I've had my Explorer for four months now and have pretty much fallen off the face of the Earth as far as these forums are concerned since it was delivered at the first of this year. Did I get upset and run off to weep to myself about how much I regretted my purchase? In short; heck no - I...
  12. L

My first how-to video: stock-looking radar detector install

Hope it might help someone. Figured I'd share the info after battling with the mirrortap. Also have some video of that third-party bumper protector on my car (really dig it). Lemme know what you think. My next vid (if I do one) will prob be a motortrend response video or a more thorough review...
  13. L

Plan on chrome finishing the bumper protector

After seeing the bumper protector, I've planned on getting one for my soon-to-arrive Ex. I was originally going to do a body-match coat on it, but it seemed kinda silly. As I've ordered the polished stainless bull bar and nerf bars, I think a chrome finish would look pretty awesome. My only...
  14. L

Best trunk liner for pet(s)?

Heya, just ordered my 2012 Explorer Limited yesterday. I'm in the process of getting a few much-needed accessories together. Looking for a good trunk liner for my dog that could hopefully work well for hauling stuff, also. My dog loves being in the car, so gets excited and sheds a lot in it lol...
  15. L

Can't wait for my new 2012 Limited! (first post)

Ordered a new, 2012 Limited yesterday. Stepping a bit up from my 2009 Escape Limited. I've loved my Escape, but have regretted not purchasing a larger vehicle for a while now. Got all the bells and whistles: V6 4WD, Platinum White with Pecan interior, 302A package, Dual-Panel Moonroof, Polished...
Back