Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Intermittent Rearview Backup Camera

Same problem here. 2014 Explorer. It's gotten progressively worse over two months. I hate to take it to the dealer (as the error message says to do) but I don't know what else to do. Thanks.
  2. B

80% of 2005 Explorer Transmissions Fail

The transmission shop that I used two years ago said that my transmission fluid in my 2005 Explorer couldn't be replaced because of how it was built. He said that it wore out quicker because some part of it (sorry, but I've forgotten) didn't sit vertically; and because of that gravity wore it...
  3. B

Clicking Sound - Therostat Knob

2005 Explorer XLT 4x4 Forgive me if I use the wrong terms, but here I go. The heat stopped working. The knob on the dashboard that you turn to change the temperature of the incoming air --coldest (blue) to hottest (red)--has developed a clicking sound when I turn it clockwise towards...
  4. B

Horrible Odor in 2005 Explorer

2005 Explorer XLT 4WD 125,000 miles My wife spilled quite a bit of gasoline in the back seat, which went down into the cushion of the back bucket seat. To get rid of the gasoline smell, a dude that was referred by a repair shop used a machine that's normally used for ridding a house of the...
  5. B

Thanks for all the responses. I'll keep my Explorer for now since I don't want to buy any vehicle, used or new, until the Japanese catch up with supply; hopefully sometime in 2013. My current problem, which I'll post elsewhere, is that the my wife spilled gasoline in the back seat. A dude...
  6. B

Where should I have this fixed???????

2005 Explorer 4D 4x4 120,000 miles The gear shift lever didn't break but got stuck in park. I finally forced it loose but the gear lever pointer wasn't lined up right...example, it pointed to Drive but was actually in Neutral...it pointed to 1st but was actually in drive, etc. A guy at a...
  7. B

2005 Explorer Transmission Problems

Yeah, I guess that's what I'm going to do. Thanks.
  8. B

Thanks for you comments. Not only do I not know the shop owner well, I went away from the half-case replacement job feeling distrustful of the owner. He repeatedly berated his mechanic in front of me for things that he shouldn't have been critical of in the first place. Then his other employee...
  9. B

2005 4-door 4x4 Explorer 117,000 miles My Explorer got stuck in PARK. It was stuck so bad that I thought I was going to break off the lever trying to move it from left to right into gear. To make a long story short, it turns out that it might not in the gear that was indicated. When it was in...
  10. B

Code P0506 on 2005 Explorer (Help!)

The Service Engine Light went off yesterday (Saturday)! The only thing I did was add Lucas injector cleaner...so what does that mean? Does it mean that the problem might have been the throttle body?
  11. B

Thanks man! My son will probably know who can do as you advised. I guess you mean take it to a garage......see, I told you I know nothing.
  12. B

2005 4-Door 4x4 Explorer 117,000 miles I am 56 years old and know little-to-nothing about vehicles and don't know what to do. Service Engine Light issue...the light came on 11/28/Monday then went out for 2 days after I put in a bottle of Lucas Oil Fuel Treatment. (Of course I don't know...
  13. B

I had a transmission shop owner tell me that 80% of Explorer transmissions fail within 80,000 and 120,000 miles. It was a specific type of transmission that failed, of which I don't remember the name. (I think he said that particular type didn't have a dip stick.) In fact, he suggested I...
Back