Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

97 explorer 4.0 ohv cylinder heads

Update: Going to start tearing down the top end and ordering parts hopefully this week if I can find the time. Looks like I'll be installing a comp cam 410 camshaft and Tom morana stage 1 racing heads along with a Mahle gasket kit w/ new head bolts. Anyone foresee any issues with this...
  2. T

97 explorer 4.0 ohv cylinder heads

Been gone from the forum for a while. Good to be back. Anyways, I blew a head gasket yesterday on the way to work (luckily I have a backup car). So, as usual, I'm going to use this as an excuse to upgrade. But first, a few things: 1: Does anyone make complete, ready to run, cylinder heads for...
  3. T

Driver Door

found a door online went to f\pick it up, they said it came off a 97. actualy came off a 95. had to mod the hole for the lock in the rain last night. wiring matches up for the most part. now to durabak the whole thing.
  4. T

Driver Door

thanks for the help guys. id forgotten about that site. biff, you know what salvage yard it's in? also, will any of the 2nd gen doors work for the 97? im assuming the wire CAN in the door is wired the same across all the gen 2s? correct me if im wrong.
  5. T

Driver Door

well my truck got broken into and they trashed my driver door in the process. wouldnt you know it, my insurance wont cover it. so i need: Front driver door 97 explorer xlt 4 door NO keyless entry YES power window interior panel intact window intact mirror intact beige color if...
  6. T

2001 ford explorer sport 4 inch lift

re-shaped lower arm, longer torsion bolts, longer rotated TB keys, lowered upper arm, adjustable ball joints, longer shocks. I've been a payed off-road recovery tech / mechanic over 4 years and have been racing off-road for 9. before you feel like calling bullshit on me and my rig, think outside...
  7. T

air flow...

close but no cigar bud. that is the plastic el-cheapo version that doesnt do a lot of good. the one i use (the military style) is made of all metal and has one moving part (an impeller) it is a whole different design. same basic principal, just far more effective.
  8. T

air flow...

its a device we used in the military to filter smoke, water, dirt and such before it hits the main air filter. thanks for the help fellas. i really appreciate it. the ford company wouldn't even give me a strait answer when i called.
  9. T

air flow...

cool. so that tells me what im trying to get to. a mixture of 14-15:1 however, i still dont know what an ideal air intake measurement would be. im trying to figure out how many units or air must enter the intake to produce a 14-15:1 air/fuel ratio. this is because i am installing a centrifugal...
  10. T

air flow...

ok yall. so im doin some more custom intake work. a little more refined than last time. actually using math... kinda scary huh? but i need to know what kind of air flow my engine needs to function and peak performance. its a: 97 ford explorer 4dr XLT 4x4 modified 245 CID 4.0 ohv running high...
  11. T

Building A Brush Guard/Bull Bar?

http://www.instructables.com/id/Redneck-Bumper-Build-Winch-bumpers-for-all/ pretty much the same on any rig. enjoy
  12. T

SCT Eliminator Multi-Program Switch Chip

hey guys. what have yall heard about the SCT Eliminator Multi-Program Switch Chip? ive been thinking about a few different tunes and a multi-selector switch seems like the perfect solution. has anybody used it?
  13. T

2001 ford explorer sport 4 inch lift

ive got 4" on mine. all it TT. the trick is remembering to adjust everything else along with your TT lift. ive taken a lot off and put a lot on my IFS so im not sure what all you have on yours but adjust all the steering components you can think of to reduce the angularity of the axle. also if...
  14. T

Newy Ex lovers

welcome to the forum. great knowledge base.
  15. T

07 Explorer broken drivers seat recliner

not really hard at all. make it a lot easier by removing the whole seat and do it from underneath.
  16. T

N00b says "hey."

welcome to the forum man.
  17. T

Can a TT go over 2"?

go for it man. heres what i have noticed: the ride is STIFF. i feel everything on the road. doesn't bother me but some passengers used to cushy cars say it rumbles. the wheel hub assemblies take one hell of a beating some times. my ball joints wore out faster with the tt lift. i swapped um for...
  18. T

Can a TT go over 2"?

97' 4x4 4.0 ohv my bars are cranked up to 4" with adjustable ball joints. run maybe 10,000 or 12,000 miles including a solid month in Uwharrie and almost every weekend on the trail on um and havent had a single CV problem... knock on wood... as long as you take good care of your equipment, make...
  19. T

Want a little rumble.

high flow single cat to 2.5" pipe to flowmaster 10 series duel outlet to duel 2" pipes to 3" long tips. probably more aggressive than your looking for but any one of these things will give you the "little rumble" your looking for. a combination of them all will blow the doors off of those little...
  20. T

a good excuse for something better.

ok so me and my girlfriend jumped in the rebel to to the the George Strait concert in Greensboro last night. turned onto the ramp to get on the highway and then it happened. the truck jumped and made a horrible sound. i pulled over to the shoulder and checked my tires thinking i might had blown...
  21. T

explorer sagging in rear.

my trucks full of tools and i just threw these bad boys on. works great. feels good. holds up the rear nicely. http://www.sdtrucksprings.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1503
  22. T

Flooded the engine off-road. Still runs fine?

hydrolocked. i know the feeling. swap fluids then build ya some snorkles.
  23. T

Rear axle bearing squeak?

love the 8.8 as a whole. however apparently the bearings in um are the weak link in the chain
  24. T

Noob Lift Question

no problem buddy. welcome aboard and good luck with the build.
  25. T

Noob Lift Question

might wana check out the search feature. but ill point you in the right direction and then turn you loose to run wild. you will need to do a TT. and youll wana have some spare hardware on hand for the rear end in case something isnt reusable. the TT how to's on here are excelent and so are the...
Back