Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

head lights

I have a problem with my 99 xlt. No headlights at all. Fuse 4 & 8 are good. I can pull back on the turn signal arm and light up the hi beams. I can also push the fog lamp button and both come on without holding the arm. I do not have a message center in my ride. I was searching for the lamp out...
  2. R

Speedometer yes, Odometer/Trip meter no...FIXED w/pics

Hey Thanks! That is some good information and looks like a pretty easy fix. This helps a lot. rick
  3. R

Speedometer yes, Odometer/Trip meter no...FIXED w/pics

Almost the same issue with my x. SpeedO yes, Odometer yes, trip meter No. I can hit reset all I want to no avail. The meter turns over the miles, just can not reset it. I went to the local U-Pull-It yard and found one that has been reset but I'm not sure if I want to take the chance for a...
  4. R

99 Explorer Projector headlights

Thank you very much. I will do the header thing on it's thread. I really like the look of those lights above. I also like the fact they are Plug n Play. I did read about the retro fit and not sure I have the design talent needed. Rick.
  5. R

99 Explorer Projector headlights

I'm looking into this: http://www.migicar.com/hdfexplo95bk.html But @ $350 seems a little high priced to me. Has anyone used this in a 99x? I'm also looking into headers and install cold air lungs for under the hood for some breathing room. I read a lot of post in the header thread for 99x 5.0...
  6. R

Do you wear a seatbelt?

Here in the Nanny State of Louisiana. You MUST have one on at all times, BUT it's okay for your kids 12+ to ride in the back of your pickup truck uncovered @ 60MPH on the interstate. Go Figure. Ron Paul said it best on Leno the other night. "I believe in seat belts but I do not want our...
  7. R

PCM fuse problem

I have an extra PCM but not sure you can use it. You are welcome to it. Just pay the postage from Louisiana to you in FL. Problem is I have no idea if it will work for you. It is off a 99 xlt 5.0 2wd. It may be useable if you have it flashed.
  8. R

Question... Does the 1998 Mountaineer need a tow hitch

Good question. I assume the owners manual is missing from the suv. It's is possible that information is in it. Here is a link you may download a free owners manual. Dead Link Removed I use my bumper ball a few times a year with no problem. I have a 99 exp 5.0 2wd. I use it for small loads...
  9. R

ABS Light P0500 & No Speed O

ABS Light & Module FIXED! 99 xlt 5.0 auto 2wd After a lot of ado I have the ABS issue fixed. A friend made me a copy of the pin outs that connect to the abs module. The issue was a pin/slot on the rear side of the inside fuse box not making. Here are two links to the pin out's for this...
  10. R

95' Ford Explorer Overhead console burned up-pics included

need to post a link to the pictures. like this: www.captaintonyking.com/images/pic1.jpg
  11. R

OBD scanning anyone can do it.

Will it also read the ABS codes?
  12. R

Still fighting ABS light & new issues now At the U-Pull-It lot today looking for various parts not related to the electronic problems but I did run across a 99 like mine. As you will see in the picture there are many parts missing on the inside. I seen a module I could not ID. It is to the left...
  13. R

Keyless Entry

Is the 3/4 key used in your 5 digit code to unlock the drivers door? Or the only time you hit the 3/4 is for the 6th digit?
  14. R

VSS & Overhead Temp & Direction Display

I did a search on this subject and had no hits so I would like to ask anyone for some information. A little back ground here. New to me 99 xlt 5.0 auto 2wd. 105k miles. ABS light on all time. Replaced VSS & both front wheel sensors. Continue to pulls code P0500 twice each time. A guy at the...
  15. R

Is FORD DEALER the only place who can read out ABS error codes?

I had the very same problem at AAP. The kid asked me for my DL and handed it over to me and let me do it myself. It was very easy. Just answer the questions as to your ride and it will ask if it is ABS equipped. Answer Yes. My problem is I get a "ABS module did not reply" Still tracking this...
  16. R

Is FORD DEALER the only place who can read out ABS error codes?

not all scanners will read ABS codes. I went by Advance Auto and asked them to pull my abs codes. My scanner (the same brand they used) will NOT read abs. I do however get the P0500 code twice. My Speed O is inop and light is on all the time. I have replaced the wheel speed sensors on the front...
  17. R

Well, This thing is handing me my a$$. I went by AAP. They were busy so the guy ask me for my DL and handed over a scanner that has ABS. I got the same old P0500 (listed twice) then something strange. It read: "No Response From ABS Module" That's strange. So I go remove a known working...
  18. R

UPDATE: Just back from the Auto Parts Store. The guy hooked up a scanner that will pull the ABS codes (unlike mine) and his scanner read "ABS Module Not Responding" ABS light still on after replacing everything except the module. Well now. Next? Where is this module? This is starting to...
  19. R

How many miles do you have

99 xlt eb 5.0 2wd with 130k. Just bought it. Had a bad water pump. had not been started in over 2 years. Fresh battery and runs smooth has glass. 3 speed auto with OD. shifts very smoothly. I have put about 1k miles on it and not a drop of oil on the driveway and not burning any. A Sweet...
  20. R

Update: New VSS on read end Both front wheel speed sensors replaced with new ones. All 4 tires & wheels are the same size now and all correct air pressure Removed battery cables for over 6 hours in an attempt to reset all modules. I recall what Joecrna said: "I can explain why the...
  21. R

Wanted Guess You Call It A Tire Tool

Thank you & Joe for the reply. THAT is exactly the tools I'm looking. I did today find just the lug tool with the slot near the end with the bent flat blade look to it. btw.. 8 bucks for this rusty hunk of junk. All the rest of the tire change tools were missing. While I was there the...
  22. R

Wanted Guess You Call It A Tire Tool

I’m searching for the stock tool that is used to lower the spare tire on the 99 xlt EB. I have been to every u-pull-it parts yard in town just to learn they are all missing. If I even knew what they look like I would build one. I can not see down into the receptacle to see what it takes. I...
  23. R

Finally started my 2-way radiio and emergency light install...

Excellent craftsmanship on that install. Congrats. Obviously took your time and did it right. I use to do work like that when I had time.
  24. R

strange problem, need help

You have a lot more luck than I. I picked up a 99 xlt 2wd 5.0 and chasing down a few little issues. I too made a trip to 2 or 3 of the local "U-Pull-It" yards and have yet to find the little lug nut caps for the factory alloy wheels. I can not find that little tool to lower the spare tire. I...
Back