Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. G

how do i disable the egr

hmm. well there goes that idea. i was just assuming without looking into it it would increase mpg. just the way it is set up looks as if dumping hot air back into the intake it would reduce both of the aforementioned. oh well. and i dont have to pass marta where i live. to be honest, there is...
  2. G

how do i disable the egr

how do i disable the egr valve and componets. i am under the assumption that this will create better fuel economy and maybe like 5 more hp. not for sure though. ive got a pretty decent idea to stop the flow to the intake. but electronics lose me.
  3. G

1996 Ford Explorer Transmission Question

How do i know what transmission is in my explorer
  4. G

Gas Mileage Question?

Will vacuum leaks decrease your gas mileage? I understand that the pcv valve has a horrible reputation about leaking. so i am just going to start buying and replacing all the sensors (MAF, IAC) and such. and of course the pcv. just wondering if these things affect fuel mileage.
  5. G

All you need to know about keyless entry

Thanks for the great post Xan. I just recently discovered this site as after 300,000 miles on my explorer it is starting to need minor repairs. i have had my x for about four 6 years now and thought the key pad didnt even work. wah hoo. now if i could find this darn vacuum leak.
Back