Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. G

SCT SF3-3015 on a 2008 Explorer 4.0L 4x4

Hi Everyone, I realize I am reviving an old thread but my questions are similar to those here. I have an 06 4.6 stock Explorer and a SCT SF3 3015 tuner. I bought the tuner for my 01GT and recently sold the car and returned the car to stock unlocking my tuner. When I try to upload a canned tune...
  2. G

Engine Light with Code P0191 & P1237 & P1000

The check engine light on my V8 EX just came on. I checked the codes and I'm getting: P0191 Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor Circuit Range/Performance P1237 Fuel Pump Secondary circuit fault P1000 OBD-II Monitor Testing Incomplete The light only comes on when the truck is started. I can clear...
  3. G

I think I am being taken for!

A 30a fuse will not blow but wires will melt when a a hot wire is short out? I've never seen this happen before. Fuse will always go first! Would like more opinions before I have to pay!
  4. G

Can anyone give input? Is 30amps enough to melt 16g wire?
  5. G

I am on vacation and needed a tow. Truck lost power and stalled. I checked the fuses and the fuel pump 30 amp fuse was blown. I got AAA to take me to their shop. I figured it was the fuel pump went bad. I left to get something to eat and got a call that wires were burned up and they needed to...
  6. G

Trailer 12 Charge line?

I looked through the owners manual several times and didn't see it. I download an electronic copy and did a search and found it. It's 30amps for the 12v trailer battery charger line. I just bought a tent trailer with a deep cycle battery and was wondering how much the 12v line will charge the...
  7. G

Trailer 12 Charge line?

I have an 06 Explorer with a tow package and would like to know how many amps the trailer charge line puts out? Thanks
  8. G

06 Explorer Aftermarket Radio

Has anyone looked into a nav unit with blue tooth? I'm just starting to look around and thought someone here might have already done some research!
  9. G

Gen IV Towing questions

I think the 06 model year was dumped from the database of window stickers. I couldn't get mine to work. I did try it on a few different computers with the same result. :(
  10. G

Gen IV Towing questions

I'm pretty sure in 06 all V8's had 3.55's with or without a class 3 hitch!
  11. G

Front diff leaking?

Thanks for the replies! Mine is leaking from the diff cover. Does anyone know if there is a gasket or is it just a silicon seal? Thanks
  12. G

Front diff leaking?

Looks like the front diff is leaking on my 06. Has anyone else had this problem? I'm not sure if it's from the cover seal of the pinion seal.
  13. G

Door adjustment?

Thanks! I'll take a look...
  14. G

Door adjustment?

Anyone?
  15. G

Door adjustment?

The passenger side door on my 06 is out of adjustment. What is the best way to make it close better?
  16. G

Recall 09B11

Can someone post the details of the letter!
  17. G

Light doesn't work on my gear shifter ('07), easy fix?

Did you find out what bulb it takes? Mine is out also and I want to get the bulb before I take the console apart! Thanks
  18. G

WINDOW STICKER Get your vehs. orig. window stkr.

I tried all sorts of ways and nothing. Can you try?
  19. G

WINDOW STICKER Get your vehs. orig. window stkr.

Whats the username and password? I had no luck with my 06 and my neighbours 07 with the first link. Does it still work for everyone else?
  20. G

4 Line Cluster

Did you figure out the issues with the new cluster?
  21. G

2007 explorer refueling problem

TSB 07-25-3 may apply to your EX!
  22. G

Cold Start Issues

Exact same issue with my 00 EX! I'll try some of the suggestions and post my results. I should also mention that I did the 00M12 intake gastket fix last year. So I don't think that would be the problem!
  23. G

Whining from front end

I've got the same problem! My 2000 XLS has a slight viberation and noise starting around 30 mph and gets slighty more noticeable with speed. It does however go away when I turn right at speed. (Freeway on-off ramps) The noise and viberation does seem to come from the right front. Would this be...
  24. G

98 SOHC Cold Start Idle problem

Local dealer wants $120 to diagnosis the problem. Until they run a full check they say they have no idea what is causing the problem. I can't really complain until I get them to look at it i guess. I don't really want to pay them anything when I know what the problem is! Thanks
Back