Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 0

Family Wheeler - 2nd Gen Mounty on Tons

Photo Aug 04, 10 32 45 PM by Bradley Franczak, on Flickr Photo Aug 04, 10 33 07 PM by Bradley Franczak, on Flickr Photo Aug 04, 10 40 59 PM by Bradley Franczak, on Flickr Photo Aug 17, 1 41 00 PM by Bradley Franczak, on Flickr
  2. 0

Wow, Photobucket sure pulled a fast one. Anyways, I spent a few minutes on the Mounty recently. Got the ZF5 bolted in. I had to cut a few unneeded tabs off the bell housing and the tunnel near the gas pedal needed some BFH love. Then got the 1356 bolted in. The frame needed a little notch. It...
  3. 0

Been busy. Most of my time has been spent fixing house things. Working on getting a floor poured in my secondary garage. Did go wheeling at the end of March. Towed a friends rig down to Kentucky. Not really a rock crawling place, but it was a good bachelor party for another friend. However...
  4. 0

I did work on it a little in September at the rental house. Took the trans cover plate off. Changed the clutch pedal assembly. FYI, 1995 Ranger pedals bolt in. Started cutting off the OEM trans x-member brackets and ditched the OEM fuel tank. Dont mind the Ohio Rust... Currently...
  5. 0

New Years Resolution: Work on this dang thing! I need to get this thing rolling this year. December 31 2016 marked 2 years of ownership. I bought a house in December. My last house. Moved this thing once again. No steering, brakes or power adds to the challenge. But nonetheless, its home. We...
  6. 0

Snuck out of a family function for a few hours this weekend. Motivation has been renewed. That is the truck I normally wheel with. 4.0L, 1354 doubler, D44, 8.8, 5.13s, 38s, Reid knuckles, RCVs, Ox lockers, OBA, etc
  7. 0

Mounty71's 4x4 Long Travel Build

I dig those dune pictures posted earlier. I haven't been in the sand in over a decade.
  8. 0

Progress?
  9. 0

Not much action on this rig. :( But I did get a new tow rig :). My DD has been sucking up all my free time and money. More money than its worth. Then it broke again. My wife cut off all money going into that car. So its being sold. Then I got a cash offer on my OBS that I couldnt refuse. So she...
  10. 0

Finally all moved in at the rental house. The garage is just a pile of stuff but the house is done haha. I got a 40x60 into a 15x22 ft space. Cant walk through it, but its all in there. Slowing getting it organized. Basically cant park all of vehicles inside anymore. Just before moving out of...
  11. 0

The new temp space
  12. 0

So I sold my house. Took 4 offers, but were are in the home stretch. Buyers want instant possession. Passed all inspections early last week. I have to be out by the 10th. So that means I had to make the Mounty roll last weekend. And it happened during the night hours of the day. I finished...
  13. 0

We are looking. Its not easy haha. The cc dually doesn't fit in most garages. The house I have now is my first house. I have been spoiled! The bar is set high now. Its been great to have despite the longer 50mile commute to the city for work. I will probably end up building a garage at the...
  14. 0

The trans is out and on its way across the country to mounty71 Took some pics of it next to the SBF ZF Since the ZF bell housing comes down at a steeper slope, I think it should fit ok. I was planning on chopping the trans tunnel but maybe I wont need to. Also just bought a flywheel...
  15. 0

The Jeep project is officially all gone. Started hacking up this 05+D60. What. A. Mess. What better way to learn how to use a torch... OEM ball joint track bar mount on fire
  16. 0

Mounty71's 4x4 Long Travel Build

Great shots! :thumbsup:
  17. 0

Unadulterated :D :thumbsup: Its like having sunglasses on. I love it. My truck will probably be towed when I am caught, but its all good. I really don't drive the truck much anyways. Its more of a toy, certainly not a DD. I had it done after some buddies in Indiana did it. The law does not...
  18. 0

Thanks! I don't live too far from you. It gets many complements around here as well. Even though its bone stock grandpa status. No bro wheels, huge wheel well gaps and huge tips here. I have one on TRS. I will have to dig it up at home. TRS is blocked here at work... Anyways, I started a...
  19. 0

Had a night open last week. Helped that it was 30 degrees warmer than normal for this time of year. I spent hours cleaning up the from. I have the bottom of the passenger side to do yet. What a fun job that is. No wonder people buy Jeeps... Then I grabbed the 60 to slide it under just to...
  20. 0

Took 2 saw zaw blades. Thought it would be less cleanup than torching but I have a lot of grinding to do. No big deal. Stock vs D60 lol http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o307/muddinford95/Mount/7EEC61A6-0066-40B9-B95E-CE31AC8752DF_zpszoiaupx7.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
  21. 0

I actually touched this thing Thursday night. I think that puts me at 6 hours of wrenching on it this year? Bummer. Nothing exciting but posting anyways. Pulled the front bumper. Welded some bracing across the frame that isn't shown. I attempted to remove the IFS via a reciprocating saw...
  22. 0

You have my brain rolling. I am not a body guy. I havnt figured out how I am going to make the door work. Originally, I was going to move the axle back, but there is not a lot of room to do that with leaves and the arc wouldn't look right. I plan on linking it back there, but as phase 2 or 3...
  23. 0

Ah. I like this. I may need to purchase these. Thanks for the link :thumbsup:
  24. 0

Here are some more pictures Took the new to me perches to work and had them blasted Then my aunt found this new Harbor Freight tire changer at Goodwill for $10. I had her grab it. Why not. Put it to work getting these truck tires off the 08 17" steelies I have. Bent a few of the...
  25. 0

Been working in the garage every night this week. I am feeling it now lol Teaser pic
Back