Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Be careful: "premium" and "Mach" head-units look identical

Listen guys, Blueka sold me what was supposedly the complete Mach setup from a 2000 Limited.... Head-unit/wiring harness/sub&amp. Only after the sub doesn't work do I determine he has sent me a completely different head unit ... NOT a Mach unit, thus obviously not the head unit that...
  2. S

I need help replacing the radio in my 2001 Ford Explorer Sport Trac.

I think it may be as simple as pressing down then pulling out on the metal speaker grill, thus exposing the 4 screws that secure the speaker in place. Scott T.
  3. S

'01 Sport exterior trim

I don't thinks is a painted finish. It looks like grey plastic to me... solid molded color. Scott T.
  4. S

Missing some ooomphhhh!

Some of the eagerness of your newer truck to downshift when ascending a grade is due to the fact it is a 5 speed where your older Explorer had a 4 speed. The 5 speed is designed to drop out of OD with less load than the 4 speed. Scott T.
  5. S

Be careful: "premium" and "Mach" head-units look identical

I purchased a complete "Mach" stereo upgrade (sub/amp, wiring harness, grill, head-unit with bad display- which I fixed thanks to this board, btw )from a fellow member. It all came from a 2000 limited supposedly. The sub wouldn't work. After double and triple checking wiring and voltages I...
  6. S

rear brake rotors seize to Ford 8.8 axle

It sure sounds to me like it is your parking brake shoes getting hung up , perhaps on even the tiniest ridge, on the inside of the rotor/drum' I suggest you check the archives for great info on "backing off" the park brake shoes. Scott
  7. S

'96 5.0 pinion shaft lock bolt removal

Neither size socket fits well enough, as you noted. i HAD SUCCESS USING A SIX-SIDED 5/16. Scott
  8. S

2001 ford explorer sport 4.0 SOHC

I also feel these symptoms could point to clogged or broken catalytic converter core. Bad mileage and bogging at speed or prolonged heavy throttle. Scott T.
  9. S

Locating the remote keypad code on a SPORT

My sport was built in late june 2000, and the module with sticker/code was indeed located in the jack storage area, just like for the 4 doors. Scott T.
  10. S

Trade: my Wrangler A/T tires for your A/S tires.

Looking for a quality set of used tires with a mild and quiet tread pattern, like Michelin LT All-Seasons (A/T) to trade for a nice clean set of Goodyear Wrangler Radials with 60 to 65% of tread life left. Can add cash if your tires have more tread... Size: 235/75/ 15 Located in the SF Bay...
  11. S

Wanted Grey leather front seats for 2001 Sport

Current seats are hi-back non-powered grey cloth. Looking for any real nice set of grey leather seats. headrest design/type doesn't matter. Powered seat OK too if they allow enough forward travel for practical back-seat access in a 2 door. I can figure out how to get power to them...
  12. S

Factory Sub/Amp

I am interested, but can't seem to pm you to make my offer. Please email me thru the forum, or directly at scottrt at comcast dot net. Thanks... Scott T. Problem solved.... email sent to you.
Back