Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Tail Gate Latch

2001 Sport Trac, 190,00 miles. I just noticed that my tail gate latch appears to be broke. First it was hard to latch. Like it was rubbing or had a good seal on the factory cover. Now it is hard to open and it acts like only the left (as your looking at it) is latching. The latch handle...
  2. S

Transmission

2001, sport trac, 4.0 motor, 180,000 miles. NC car, no rust. My transmission gave up the goat today. It has been acting up when cold, it would miss the 2 to 3 shift. I would let off the gas and hear the clunk when it shifted. This was almost always under hard acceleration After it warmed...
  3. S

WTF U-Haul

Went to U-Haul to rent a 5X8 trailer last week to go from Pennsylvania to North Carolina. After we hooked everything up, we went inside to take care of the contract. There was a problem and according to U-Haul, a Explorer Sport Trac is not an authorized vehicle to tow any of the U-Haul...
  4. S

Thermonstat II

2001 Sport Trac, 160K miles, 4.0 I changed my thermostat this week and noticed the top of the housing was wet and had green corrosion. Cleaned everything and ran engine. No leaks noticed and it dried off with no leaks or wetness. I did notice the one of the brass fitting in the plastic was...
  5. S

Thermostat

2001ST. 4.0. Changed the thermostat and housing a few years ago. I noticed during the winter it seldom gets very warm or hot. The summer is good. I live in Eastern North Carolina. Hot summers and mild winters. I have been driving to PA a lot recently. I want to change the thermostat this...
  6. S

New head lights need adjustment

Just changed my headlight bulds. The old ones looked like original. Looks like the headlights are pointing high. I can adjust them. Looking for any clues, tricks, or procedure. Does anyone have a copy from the maintenance manual? I did check and the lights bulbs and light are seated. Thanks...
  7. S

avital 3200 remote start help

My shifter adjustment broke. I was taking the under dash apart to gain easier access. After I removed the metal shield under the dash, a black box and relays fell out. They are just hanging buy the wires. I did some research and its a Avital 3200 remote start. I have no need or want this on...
  8. S

New Plugs and wires, BIG CHANGE

I have 155,000 miles on my 2001 Gen 2 sport trac. I think my plugs and wires were original. I changed the Autolite Double Platinum (APP103) with Motorcraft SP-500 Fine Wall Platinum and new Motorcraft WR5944 Spark plug wires. The old plugs had gaps ranging from .051” to .072”. I did not mark...
  9. S

Front Suspension Parts

I will be putting in new lower ball joints, upper A arms and other suspension part next week. I am also changing the rear stabilizer bar too, Why you ask, Well, Just because I want too, and I think it is worn out. Below is a list of Moog Parts that I have on hand. If anyone in Eastern NC...
  10. S

P0128 Coolant Thermostat

I put a new thermostat housing and thermostat on this summer. Everything is running great, no leaks, coolant loss, or any problems. I noticed with the extra cold days this winter that the engine temperature does not run at normal. As a matter of fact, if I run the heater, it almost makes it...
  11. S

shop manual

I have a 2001, sport trac, job 2. I am looking to buy a shop manual. I usually get a Hayes manual, but might want the factory Ford manual. Do I need the same year as my truck, or can I get a 2002 or newer one as Lang as it is before,2005. Any recommendation will help. Thanks Dave P.
  12. S

oil leak

2001, Gen 2, 2wd, 135k miles, the oil pan gasket is leaking. Plan on replacing the gasket this month during the oil change. Should I change the oil pump when I have the pan off and how much of a pain is this job? Is there a link to a service book that I can use? Dave P.
Back