Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

Has anyone added a keyless entry keypad?

Hey did you ever get this programmed WITHOUT going to the dealership? Note for anyone looking at this thread in the future, I was able to get the older version keypad 7L2Z-14A626-BA working for my 2012 Ford Explorer Base model without bringing it in to the dealership, following the...
  2. J

I Got Lucky The Second Time...The Ford Store San Leandro, CA

Take this with a grain of salt - but I've never experienced a dealership that wasn't willing to make you pay at least $1k every time you came in for service after the bumper-bumper warranty was up for any Ford or Chevy dealership. I have a very good friend who worked as the Service Manager at...
  3. J

'13 Limited Steering Wheel Noises

So my update is that my ford dealer replaced my clock spring as it started binding + making lots of noises and it is now good as new! Thanks again for your help!
  4. J

Tire Pressure Sensor Fault under 1k miles

Ok so my update is that after my fourth time bringing in the explorer with this issue, they replaced the sensor and I haven't had it go off for a week now! Woooohoooo! Since this started, the clock spring has begun binding and making noise - once it started grabbing + making noise, they...
  5. J

Awesome! Thank you so much - I just ordered it! I'm excited to see how this works, as I'm a developer, but never dabble in interfaces with machines, so this will be interesting. Luckily I have both an Android phone as well as PCs with bluetooth. I'll go the Android app route first... and...
  6. J

Thank you! I have added this to the list of things that will be looked at during my appointment with the Ford Dealer tomorrow. Thanks!
  7. J

I will totally do this! Do you recommend a certain brand of the ELM327? I have Amazon Prime - so ordering any from Amazon is a breeze. Thank you!
  8. J

Split Armrest Issue

This is what I Was told as well. I was at 40k miles. I paid the $100 for the replacement but do not drive the 2012 base as of 2 months ago. Now I'm on to a leather-trim 2016 that does not appear to have the same weak seams (for now at least)
  9. J

Yes - at that time it had gotten colder (average 75 degrees down to 70 degrees) and yes, I had checked the PSI on all 4 tires. When the "Tire Pressure Sensor Fault" isn't occuring, it shows tire pressure between 36-42 PSI on all four tires with up to 2 PSI difference between tires. This...
  10. J

Sorry I've been silent so far on this issue as I had no updates. This wasn't about it getting cold - although I know what you're talking about. As others have posted, that would set off the "low pressure" warning rather than "tire pressure sensor fault." I had it happen two weeks ago and...
  11. J

My 2016 Explorer is currently experiencing this. Did you ever find a cause or solution to this? I'm bringing it in tomorrow for a wheel sensor that is bad, but will mention the steering wheel noise.
  12. J

2016 Explorer LED Fog Lights option??

I also went with the ones that Brita mentioned (here http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NJ3KYGU/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A126Q4T86JLNL ) and I am quite happy with how they turned out! (Don't judge the dead bugs - just took it on a 700-mile cruise and had to put the bulbs in...
  13. J

Hi Explorer crew! I have a 2016 Ford Explorer - love it so far! Not sure if I love my dealer at the moment... At ~200 miles it started throwing a "Tire Pressure Sensor Fault" from the back right tire. The alarm that goes off was loud and freaked me out, but in an actual emergency would...
  14. J

Shopping around for a SUV, suggestions please?

Spot on. You said it better than I did.
  15. J

What you experienced is exactly what everyone else had. The transmission problems were mostly with the Jeep Cherokee and Jeep Grand Cherokee with the new 9-speed automatic transmissions... and more recently their Renegade. This is the exact reason why I didn't end up with the Jeep and your...
  16. J

Modern "SUVs" are much closer to minivans than before. I'm not even sure I would call the 5th gen explorer an SUV... its more like Minivan-with-bigger-engine. My 16 Exploder tows my 5,000 lb boat around like its not there, so I love it! But whatever - just know your car's limitations. I...
  17. J

Traded in my 2011 XLT for a 2016 XLT

No - just XLT and above. Not Base... probably not on the interceptor either.
  18. J

Split Armrest Issue

I am having the same problem. It is unfortunate that the tearing is happening at the poorly designed seam because of the imitation leather and lack of real stitching. The tearing is occurring at a location that I would almost never touch. Not only am I not wide enough to even put my arm on...
  19. J

My transmission air duct fell off

I should have followed up on this. The Ford dealer wasn't able to order a single pin by itself, but since it was under warranty (4 months old) they decided to replace it. After a few days the dealer called and explained that they couldn't replace only the screws and the whole air duct needed...
  20. J

2011 Explorer Base Wheel Cover Modification

That looks awesome! I thought about doing the same to my base. Can you post pictures of them on your ride? Again - nice job!
  21. J

Lower Air Dam Intake Duct Falls Off / Missing

Air Scoop hanging after oil change Here is my story: Four days after an oil change, I noticed that the front right (passenger) side half-turn screw that holds on the Air Dam (air scoop) was missing so that it was hanging with 2/3 screws holding it up. I brought this in to the dealer the...
  22. J

Does your base make cracking popping sounds when the heat is on

The best way to reproduce this is to turn the heater barely on to "hot" and put the fan all the way up. The cracking noise is the heater going to "Sleep" meaning that it has warmed up to the temp the thermostat is expecting. Mine cracked so loud yesterday that I thought the windshield...
  23. J

Thanks Cory, I will try to soon. I don't really feel like bringing it back in unless there is a fix for it since I have to drive over an hour to the dealership each way. Thanks for your help previously though! I was treated much better once you got involved. I hope you stick around here for...
  24. J

I had Cory contact my local dealer, who looked at it. They reported that this is a normal characteristic of the explorer. The dealer was able to verify this by contacting the ford service hotline who claim that this is the sound of the heater going in to sleep mode. Nothing has been done...
  25. J

Lower Air Dam Intake Duct Falls Off / Missing

No. My base 2012 with towing has it.
Back