Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

2 questions. Shocks n rotors.

Wondering if I wasted my money with buying Motorcraft shocks from Rock Auto for my Explorer. Anything is better than what I am riding on now.
  2. T

'92 X 4DR Thread/Pics

This is something I have been wondering. I mentioned changing trans fluid and filter to a few different people and they said it might be better to not change it since I don't know how well it was all maintained by previous owner(s). I also have a 92 with I'm guessing 162,000 miles on it...
  3. T

Fuelly - Tracking your fuel economy

I just signed up.
  4. T

No Heat, Temp all over

Air bubble/air lock in radiator? I had a similar issue with my 99 Mazda B2500. Never did get it straight, went to auction and bought a 92 Explorer with a really good heater.
  5. T

cruise control stuck on - please help

Same issue...made worse I has the same issue with the CC not shutting off when I pushed the brake. Ended up finding out I needed a new Boo. I replaced the switch and now I have no CC what so ever. MY next move is to replace the CC (plug?) behind the master cylinder. There has been multiple...
  6. T

Can I do this?

If you are buying a jack then you should also get a pair of jack stands also. We want you around to show the finished product. Stay safe a good luck.
  7. T

Brake lights work, don't work, work **FIXED**

Could this switch being bad cause pressing the brake to not cancel the CC? I have to actually hit the off switch to kill the CC.
  8. T

Transmission lunge

I added the fluid and it has fixed the problem. Only time it acts up now is if I am at a long red light or hold the brake for an extended period of time. Then it starts to push and force the truck forward. I am going to check the fluid in the morning after I get packed up and head home.
  9. T

Transmission lunge

Thanks Wood1 I checked the fluid level and it is a little low. My question now is, my dipstick only says "Mercon". Not III or V so is there a regular Mercon or is that the same as Mercon III?
  10. T

Transmission lunge

I searched for help with this but no luck. I am gonna say over the last couple of days I have noticed my EX kinda of lunging when I put it in drive and start moving. It clears up pretty quick but I am worried it might be the beginning of something major. I will check the trans fluid and add...
  11. T

Maryland Explorers!

Federalsburg(Mid Eastern Shore) probably closer to Delaware groups if there are any
  12. T

Occasional Oil Light

Thanks for the info Chaos, I will look at that later today.
  13. T

Occasional Oil Light

The light actually says "check oil" because it did it today. My EX has a remote starter on it and the light seems to come on the first time I manually start truck after using the remote. If that made sense. I plan on giving it a good going over this week. This is off from the original post...
  14. T

Occasional Oil Light

The check oil light on my Explorer comes on every so often. I have a 92 with the 4.0 V6. I check the oil a couple times a week and especially once the light came on I checked the oil and it read at the proper level. I don't have any engine noise indicating that oil isn't getting circulated...
  15. T

Is an Explorer a truck?

I'm looking at my Maryland title and it has body style as "TK" so I'm guessing truck.
  16. T

WTF....11mpgs in city but 18 on e-way?

Well I just bought a 92 and thought I was doing decent with 17 mpg on longer trips. Guess I should be getting 20-22 maybe? I to try to take off easy and drive easier than I have in the past. In the near future I plan on doing a service and change filters and such.
Back