Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

California Earthquake, 5.4 todayl

I actually heard it before I felt it. They've just downgraded it to a 4.5, which I would have to say is about right. It didn't feel that strong to me. I've been through so many living here all these years, the little ones don't even bother me any more. It was the Landers and Big Bear quakes...
  2. S

So. Cal. Meet and Greet Nov. 8th '08

I'm surprised it took the Governator so long to get his butt down here!! He has a home in the hills above Yorba Linda (or used to, at least). You could see it from the 91 freeway, all lit up during the holidays. On a sad note, I talked to my son today and he said one of his friends from...
  3. S

My nephew works for a pest control company out in Yorba Linda and the areas that were burned/evacuated were right where his route is. He's not sure what's going to happen this coming week or if he will even still have a job. Stay safe Ted! Have you heard anything about your house? Let us...
  4. S

I hear ya! The doctor put me on disability for a while and it is just a little over half of what I was making while I was working. Luckily, I don't have a lot of bills at the moment and can make it on that but, like you said, the holidays are going to be pretty tough this year (and probably...
  5. S

I'm saying lots of prayers and hoping that things go well out there for all of those having to deal with these fires. I have a friend who lives in Sylmar but he did not have to evacuate with this fire because it went way west of him (he's up in Kagel Canyon). The fire a few weeks ago was...
  6. tornado1_05-22-08

tornado1_05-22-08

Tornados in Moreno Valley, California
  7. 05-22-08_tornado

05-22-08_tornado

Tornados in Moreno Valley, California
  8. S

**help**i Sunk My Truck!**

Sorry! You can tell I am NOT a mechanic! lol ;) And maybe you better tell this guy that too: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84356&highlight=cvc+joint (Yeah, it's an old thread and he probably knows by now but I didn't!)
  9. S

**help**i Sunk My Truck!**

Did you check your CVC joint? My mom had a similar noise with her car and we found out it was something in the CVC joint.
  10. S

So Cal Meet and Greet + Go Karts?

Irvine is a good area if you're looking for something fairly central to everyone. We have people all the way down in San Diego and all the way up in Big Bear (or beyond). I'm game, if I am still around by July! It would be nice to put faces to all these names! :D
  11. S

Return from the Mojave Trail March '08

Yeah... the circus life just isn't what it used to be! I guess it's the age setting in! Do you think maybe I should look for another profession? :D By the way, it looks like Harley had a great time on the trip! The pictures of her in Joel's album look like she was having the time of her...
  12. S

Those are great pictures, JeepMaster! I have a Nikon CoolPix 4 and a Canon Powershot SX100 IS. I get pretty good pictures with both and, after I get used to the Canon that I have now, I am thinking of stepping up to the SLR next. Thank you for sharing those! They left me wanting more! ;)
  13. S

Dagnabbit! Now you got me wanting to go and I don't even have a 4 wheeler!!! :D Those pics are awesome, tbars! What kind of camera did you use? Oh! And I am feeling better, by the way! :)
  14. S

Mojave Road (NV/CA area) March 17-19

Dang! I am so sorry to hear this! I was hoping you guys would have a great time this week! Brian, I am glad to hear you are okay but sorry to hear about the Explorer! Hopefully, you will be able to get it fixed and back together for the next run! Tbars, you stay safe out there, you...
  15. S

New Trail in Trabuco Creek..?

Okay, wise @$$!!! I'm not THAT old! :p: hehehehe By the way, thanks for the link to the pics! Maybe one of these days I'll make it out that way with ya'll! :D
  16. S

Oh man!!!! That sounds like so much fun! I haven't been out to the Calico mines and ghost town in AGES!!! Ya'll have fun and take lots of pics! I'll be waiting for a report! :D
  17. S

Wow, tbars! I'm glad you and Harley are okay! The heck with the truck! The important part is that you are both okay! (Except for the "extra load" in your drawers!) :D
  18. S

Okay..... I wasn't even involved in this thread! :p:
  19. S

Glamis in February

In my humble opinion, Glamis is MORE fun on the busy weekends. Most of the people who go there are really friendly and will give you a hand when you need it. I remember one year, when I was out there with my family, there was a guy who was on the kidney transplant list. They found a donor...
  20. S

First snow in Socal

lol My car has a working heater too! :p: With 30 degree temps at night down here, I don't need no stinkin' snow! hehehe :eek: By the way, being a native Californian, I prefer sunshine and warmth to snow! ;)
  21. S

First snow in Socal

Wow! That's beautiful! (Again I say... brrrrrr....!) :eek:
  22. S

First snow in Socal

You should have seen that Sunday morning from where I sit! Brrrrrrr......
  23. S

new Blackjack pics

You fight for him, Spas! It's your right and I hope you get what you want out of it! Best of luck and you've got my prayers added to the mix!
  24. S

California Fires

My boss just called me to make sure that I am okay (and I am no where NEAR the fires). He said the offices (in Rancho Bernardo) had been evacuated Monday morning and he was evacuated from his home just before that. He is fine but is stuck out on the coast. He also said he has been checking...
  25. S

California Fires

I heard that, once they opened the I-15 down there, they had to patrol it because people were stopping on the shoulder to see the devastation and take pictures. Once they would get one group going, another group would stop and they had to start all over. Why do people have to do that??? No...
Back