Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

02 sensor question

I have a 2010. Just went through this with my 2004 sport trac. But I'm getting two codes 0054,0060 for 02 sensors on my 2010 explorer. How many 02 sensors on a 4.0 2010 explorer. Is it 3 like my 2004 trac? Because the codes are for both downstream sensors?
  2. D

4WD LIGHT NOT COMING ON.

So I've searched and haven't found this situation, 2010 explorer v6, So my 4x4 light will not come on and have verified that it still illuminates through gauge diagnostics. I hit 4x4 low button and the little light by the switch lights up and it goes into low, although no 4x4 light on...
  3. D

ADDING LED LIGHTS INSIDE

Alright so I have my 2010 Explorer and I am trying to add some LED lights under the dash on each side. I was able to accomplish this with ease on my mustang and Mountaineer. But for the love of me I can not find any wire to tap into to come on with the dome lights? Tried behind the kick panels...
  4. D

ADDING LED LIGHTS INSIDE

So I am adding some led light strips under the dash on both sides and was wondering if anyone knew which wire it would be to tap into in order to turn them on while the doors are open. Thanks in advance. David
  5. D

Merry Christmas to everone

Just wanted to give everyone who visits these boards a merry christmas and hope that your day is a little better than mine. Back to work tonight... Merry Christmas
  6. D

Will they fit my mountaineer

So I have a 2002 mountaineer and have 245 65 17 tires. I have a chance to buy new from 2016 explorer 245 60 18 Michelin wheels and factory rims... Will they fit with center bore different 70.5 for mountaineer 63.4 for explorer. Its a hour drive so I need advice Looking to go saturday Thanks
  7. D

Axles front, noise still there?

Noisy front end while turning right? Replaced hubs control arms all ball joints tie rod ends swagger links. My passenger side axle boot has a hole in it and the grease made a mess when it came out!!! How can you check the axles? If I pull them out and have them in my hand, how to tell if they...
  8. D

Solenoid and valve body?

I just ordered a new front suspension from 1Aauto. So now I need a new solenoid pack and want to swap the valve body at the same time...my code on the door is v so I have the 5r55s. But where to get the parts??? Thanks for your advice....
  9. D

Which mfg to choose on new hubs?

So this is my first question in almost TEN years! So my ex got rid of my two ex's had 1995 and 2002. Now I have 2002 mountaineer with 252000 miles and 4.6. replacing parts in front end, ball joint lowers and uppers. Outer tie rod ends and since one is making lots of noise I'll replace both...
  10. D

after almost 9 years i am finally back

I've been away a long time and wanted to say hi to all my old friends here. Boy I miss my two explorers but soon I hope to purchase another! Glad to be back David miranda
  11. D

Rehoboth Mud Bog

any one else going this sunday to the mud bog. was wondering as it might be my last truck adventure for a long time. Just curious
  12. D

off road in SE mass

any one doing any off road soon. i was thinking with the 2 to 3 inches of rin last weekend it would be ideal time. I have not been able to do anything since modifying my truck because i haven't been able to get anyone to go with me and any clubs up here will not let me because i am only 2...
  13. D

2002 explorer outside temperture not reading right

i hope i described it right. it is the digital readout that tells the outide temp. it went bezerk recent;y and now in the winter it is telling me it is 120 degrees outside.. is there a sensor near the front of the truck that needs replacing or is there something i am missing... anyone...
  14. D

1996 transmission problem 4wheeldrive

the transmission is doing this.. The transmission is like being in neutral, it doesnt go into gear you can hear it and when you put it into parks it squeaks. it is on one that i am buying for $800.00 and was wondering what this could be... i had a 98 wiindstar van that did this and it was...
  15. D

how does this deal sound

this is the add that i have seen recently. I do not have the picture of it right now. I will try to take a picture and posted. - Ford Explorer 1997 XLT - Color (Green) - Leather - 4 wheel Drive - Automatic - V6 engine - ABS Brake - replaced new exchaust & mufflers - replaced for...
  16. D

run in southeast mass

anyone doing any off road in SE mass. anytime soon or anyone want to get together.for a sunday.
  17. D

Mud Bog September 25th

In Rehobith Ma. directions will follow.. just found out about it today, cannot wait, who from new england will be going.. I for one will be there...
  18. D

only 2WD is making me mad.

I am getting laughed at at the local off road groups here in mass. telling me i can not attend anything cause I am 2wd and 4x4 is required... DOes anyone else with just 2WD run into this, I fiured that would be the best way to go so I do not have to go offroad alone.. Anyone else...
  19. D

will this bumper fit,

will a bumper for a 01 ford explorer sport.. fit my 1995 explorer and bolt right up. well i can only use 2 of the bolts as to move my old buper up with the body lift i had to modify the holes where the bumper bolts up. needless to say there is only one hole on each side still there... anyway...
  20. D

wheeling in MA and RI

Does anybody know about some trails off of RT 44 in RI. I was talking to someone at work and he tells me they go there almost every other weekend. That you can get in near some shopping mall or plaza, Please if anyone knows about this or any others let me know. thanks
  21. D

speedometer way off.

this makes no sense at all.. looking at the chart below I have 33" tires. 3.73 rear end limited slip.door code is D4... when i am at 65 the rpm should be at 2470 if i am reading the chart correctly.. when i am on the highway going to work I am looking at my speedo and RPM'S and this is...
  22. D

type of coolant.

getting ready to flush my system. and the book says that there are 2 types or colors of antifreeze for use with my 2002.. and says specifically DO NOT MIX... has anyone had any experiance with this... and what have they done...
  23. D

water under carept "soaked"

water under carpet "soaked" what would cause water not coolant under the Drivers side carpet. yesterdayw hile doing my body lift i pulled the carpet back and i was able to squeeze the carpet and get a huge puddle on the floor board???? not sure where it is coming from... it is a Florida...
  24. D

Heater controls.

on my 2002 the last week or so everytime I start it and turn the temp control dial to either full cold or full hot.I am getting a what sounds like a clicking sound behind it alsmost like a door not opening . it goes click click click until i move the dial a little more than it stops. well...
Back