Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

Ford Dealer says they do not provide SD cards for upgrade

Couldn't wait, called dealer Asked if I could come in for install, told me to come right over. They upgraded MFT and put in a new NAV card. Haven't received anything the mail yet. My dealer is as nice and helpful as can be!
  2. F

MFT - MyFord Touch Update received at home

At the dealer now Got tired of waiting for the package to arrive in the mail, so I called the dealer and asked if I could come in to have the upgrade done, including the NAV card. Drove right over and am waiting on it right now.
  3. F

Anyone Have Rattles From Rear of Interior ?

Rear rattle I had a rattle in the back. It was my license plate which only had screws at the top because of the frame I have it in. Put some foam pads under the plate and fixed the problem.
  4. F

2013 Explorer Limited Lease Numbers (2/23/2012)

Foolish Don't mean to be rude, Asystole, but yours has to be the dumbest logic I've ever seen, or perhaps your a one percenter and money doesn't mean any thing to you. If your heart is set on a two-year lease, then you'd be better off putting zero down and keeping your cash from the...
  5. F

Highway MPG

Actually, my route was up 85 through Charlotte and to the east of the mountains. I rarely was going 55 except when it was the speed limit. More often I had the cruise control set at 65. I'm wondering how accurate the dashboard calculator is.
  6. F

Highway MPG

Drove 650 mile round trip from ATL to NC this weekend in my FWD V6 and averaged 27.9 MPG according to the dashboard fuel consumption calculator. Drove between 55-67 MPH. Is the dashboard indicator accurate?
  7. F

Help. Travel link stuck with hour glasses

I had this same problem last week (I've had my Explorer for only two weeks). Took it to the dealer, asked them to disconnect the positive battery terminal for a minute. Reconnected it, and then the Sync system reloaded. After about 20 minutes the Travel Link services reloaded and the...
  8. F

My session with Plaza Research regarding my Explorer

What were the 5 things you liked and the 5 things that frustrated you? Would love to see everyone's list.
  9. F

Sirius Travel Link issues; how to reset?

Fixed for the moment Did a master reset and it didn't fix the problem with Travel link. Took it over to the dealer had them disconnect the battery terminal for a few minutes. Sync rebooted and within 10 minutes all the Travel link information came back. I sure hope Ford fixes the glitches...
  10. F

Sirius Travel Link issues; how to reset?

My travel link isn't working. All the "buttons" display hourglasses. Called Sirius, they sent reset signals 3X, deactivated/reactivated my account and nothing changed. After all of that their recommendation was to take the car back to the dealer. I've had the car 9 days - that would make my...
  11. F

Playing iPhone 4 music through USB

Think I've figured it out Haven't tried this out yet but I think my problem is because I had the audio out on the iPhone set to sync. Believe it's only an iPhone setting issue.
  12. F

Playing iPhone 4 music through USB

Hi everyone, I would like to play music from my iPhone 4 with iOS 5.0 through MyTouch. When I hook up the phone to the USB port I can see a list of all of the music on my phone. The problem is there is no Audio whatsoever. :confused: If I switch to BlueTooth the audio works fine. Can...
  13. F

How many have had APIM replaced?

It's the Advanced Protocol Interface Module - its the computer that controls MyTouch and Sync.
  14. F

How many have had APIM replaced?

Two days into ownership my APIM died. Now in shop. Seems like the failure rate on these modules is very high. Would love to know how pervasive these failures are. Please fill in your details: 1. Your model and build date? 2. How many miles have you driven? 3. Have you had your APIM...
  15. F

My first few days

You're right but I really do think this is the direction we are heading in and technology will be inseparable from our vehicles. It just may be too early in the product evolution now to dive in, but hey it can do some neat stuff. Got a call from the dealer today. They have to replace the...
  16. F

My first few days

Picked up my Explorer on late Friday. Didn't have time for a demo on Sync and the touch screen. Got my iPhone synced and started playing music via Bluetooth. Way cool! Realized that this technology is the beginning of the car of the future...someday we will sit back and have a conversation...
Back