Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

5.0L Another broken plug NIGHTMARE..

So today I decided to change my oil, plugs and do a basic tune up. The first 6 spark plugs on my 2000 5.0L explorer came out w/o any issues. The 7th plug to be changed located in the no.1 cylinder NOT SO MUCH... It broke off flush, just leaving the steel jacket and threads in the cylinder...
  2. F

4R70W peices of gasket in pan

I recently purcashed a 2000 explorer XLT 5.0L AWD. w/almost 105k. I bought it w/102k so I havent put many miles on her yet. Anyway when I bought it n finally got it on the road(bought w/blow 8.8 rear diff)I noticed it shifted kindda sloppy n didnt hold the right gear while coasting down hill. At...
  3. F

Squeaky front suspension. Upper ball joint???

So the other day while traveling a back road in northern Vermont and hit a HUGE frost heave. While traveling over the heave the front suspension seemed to max out in both travel and compression, at which time I began the hear the "noise". It is now pretty much constant and is noticeable when...
  4. F

Very happy new member

I am still relatively new to this site, having only joind in Dec.2011 and this being my 1st posting. I recently bought a 2000 Explorer at a huge discount due to it needing a complete rear differential re-build.(inner pinion bearing failure) I purchased the "Haynes" service manual only to find...
Back