Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

How to: Replace Front Blend Door Actuator in 3rd Gen Ex.

Rondo THANKS a million for the info. Can you (or anyone) clue me in to the interior location of the outside air inlet door and where is the DATC module located on the system? These seem like two areas that might possibly be the culprit for my issues.
  2. P

Big Rondo, am I doing something wrong because I cannot find any reply (pm?) from you with the trouble shooting info. I have been out of town and when I saw our last post I thought (hoped) that they would be here. What I am having trouble figuring out is why the same issue is happening on both...
  3. P

I would love to get them. My limited has dual controls and it seems to be experiencing the same symptoms on both sides so I am unsure of my exact issue the actuator door or the controller box that was mentioned. I have a Haynes manual but it has very little detailed info on the heating system...
  4. P

Issues with Heat?

302merc, Where on the heater box is this resistor located? Drivers side, passenger side and how hard is it to remove? Sorry for the slow reply but I have been traveling and don't have a cell with internet.
  5. P

Issues with Heat?

FordFool2, Mine has the same dual controls. THANKS for the location info.
  6. P

Issues with Heat?

302merc, don't know if you read my original post but I had a Mouse get in and build a nest in the blower fan cage this spring so I'm not sure if it caused any other damage or not (none that is visible anyway.) Is the resistor located on the passenger side? If the heater is having the same...
  7. P

Issues with Heat?

Is the actuator on a climate control located in the same place as the regular heat A/C unit? I looked through Big rondo's post on replacing the actuator and it was for a regular heat A/C unit so I'm unsure if it is the same on my Explorer Any way to check the function without removing the...
  8. P

Have a 4.6L? Here's a problem I bet you all have...

A piece of an old junk water hose, or heater hose if you have one works great to make a cover. Just cut it a little longer than the area being rubbed split it down the middle then place it around the area being rubbed. Cinch it up on the ends with a couple of plastic wire ties and it makes a...
  9. P

Issues with Heat?

If the actuator was bad why would I be able to get heat on a higher setting but not on a lower one? Seems that it would either work or not work? Could the temperature sensor possibly be bad causing something like this issue? I am not hearing any clicking or grinding noises from the location...
  10. P

Rondo, I have a 2002 Limited that I'm having an issue with. It may be the actuator but I can get hot air I just have to turn the temp control up to 90 which is the max setting. If I turn it down to 80 I get cool air (climate control system, no rear heat or cooling though.) Back in the...
  11. P

Issues with Heat?

I have a 2002 Explorer Limited with climate control heat/cool it does not have rear heat and A/C if that makes any difference. Earlier this year I had a unwelcome visitor build a nest in my blower fan cage that caused a tremendous vibration whenever the fan was on a higher setting. I figured...
  12. P

How to: How To: Remove/Replace 3rd Gen Door Panel

Roger that Big Rondo. Old habits die hard and all every other door panel I had ever removed either was screwed on or had the push in tabs so I was bumfuzzled there for about ten minutes, down on the ground trying to peer behind the panel to find the connectors and lo and behold there weren't...
  13. P

How to: How To: Remove/Replace 3rd Gen Door Panel

Finally I was able to purchase and install the Mirror switch. Much THANKS to BIG RONDO for posting the link to the info about the removal of the door panel. Only one thing I would add or clarify to the info. I am old school and used to the type of panel connectors that pushed into holes in the...
  14. P

Newbie with a 2002 Explorer mirror switch failure

Thanks big rondo! Finally I was able to purchase and install the Mirror switch. Much THANKS to BIG RONDO for posting the link to the info about the removal of the door panel. Only one thing I would add or clarify to the info. I am old school and used to the type of panel connectors that...
  15. P

Thanks guys. Looks like a pretty good link, all the needed info about removing the door panel is there and there are pictures, I love pictures! Can't mess up the instructions when they are pictures, not too often anyway! Still hoping for a yes or no to the question if this is a common...
  16. P

Hello fellow Explorer owners. I'm Pete from the middle of nowhere SWVA. I was wondering if anyone on the site has had to replace the door mirror switch on a 2002 or later Explorer Limited? My switch has ceased to function on raising and lowering, still works in and out though. Is this...
Back