Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

4.6L Sludging Oil

Typically 20min drives to and from work. That's about the most it gets driven. The occasional 45min to hour drive.
  2. T

4.6L Sludging Oil

Any help on this?
  3. T

4.6L Sludging Oil

Typically 5k between changes on Valvoline MaxLife 10w-40. Using a Mobile 1 filter. Oil is typically at least warm when I drain it. Oil color doesn't seem to be off. Looks like used oil should. I don't have any pictures of the sludge. I do have a milky substance in the filler cap and neck...
  4. T

4.6L Sludging Oil

I'm at a loss here guys. Here for the last few oil changes my oil has been sludgy. It's not til I get to last bit of oil in the pan , but it shouldn't be there. Took the truck to a shop the other day and had a hydrocarbon test done and it passed (thank goodness) meaning no cracked/leaky head...
  5. T

Photos 3rd gen pic's

You definitely need black housing headlights and black housing clear corners. Would finish the look of the truck.
  6. T

Please Help me I am 10000% Lost

I'm not sure if the 4.0 is like the 4.6 but there is a 90° elbow that will disintegrate over time and it will create a hole causing a bad air/fuel mixture. Might check all your hoses on your throttle body.
  7. T

Please Help me I am 10000% Lost

Also may not be bad to look into the throttle position sensor.
  8. T

Roof Rack, Remove or Keep?

Take it off! Take it off! Come join the rackless club.
  9. T

Photos 3rd gen pic's

Don't see many Xs with the roof rack delete. I did it with mine as well. Is there a advantage to the Aviator brake swap? First time I've heard of it.
  10. T

3rd Gen getting repainted...plus some other updates.

That was all hand done by me. Along with the pillars. Thanks for all the props guys. Few more things still in the works.
  11. T

Tail Light swap 3rd to 4th generation

Might snoop around the Modified 3rd Gen Forum and see what you can't find. Lots of how-to's and such in there.
  12. T

Only way to put Explorer tails on the Mountaineer is swap the rear bumper to the Explorer rear bumper. Only options may be to see if there are any aftermarket Mounty tails or color match the grilles so everything flows together.
  13. T

Here's my swap...
  14. T

Photos 3rd gen pic's

Well she's finally back in my possession! Enough talking...
  15. T

Well she's finally back in my possession! Enough talking... And the interior... Took the time to take the center console lid apart and wrapped it in the same silver suede as I did the door panels in and I also did the steering wheel boot as well. And some pictures of the gauge pod...
  16. T

tgrfly's '03 X Limited

Well she's finally back in my possession! Enough talking... And the interior... Took the time to take the center console lid apart and wrapped it in the same silver suede as I did the door panels in and I also did the steering wheel boot as well. And some pictures of the gauge pod...
  17. T

Photos 3rd gen pic's

Tinted tail lights, black housing headlights, billet grilles. Just to name a few.
  18. T

Photos 3rd gen pic's

The actual hatch isn't even on the truck yet. Truck is still in pieces.
  19. T

tgrfly's '03 X Limited

Guy actually gave me a hell of a deal on it for the amount of work he did and had to redo from the previous job.
  20. T

Photos 3rd gen pic's

Elaborate...
  21. T

tgrfly's '03 X Limited

22. T

Can someone say metallic?
  23. T

Photos 3rd gen pic's

I'm just going to leave this here...
  24. T

Believe he is using Diamont(sp?) paint.
  25. T

Paint is still drippin... ALL THINGS MUST BE CLEARED... And they were cleared. Starting cut and buff tomorrow.
Back