Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

Truckhaven Oct. 21st -23rd 20th Anniversary Run Part 2

I'm going to be out there Saturday morning before 9 if all goes well. Hope I don't get lost
  2. D

POTLUCK!

I'm going to be bringing some form of loaded Mac and Cheese
  3. D

Also interested in potluck info. I'll be bringing some Mac and Cheese to share. And not the Kraft in a box kind either
  4. D

Just got my time off approved so I'm definitely in. Going to rent a toy to bring out there since I can't afford to break the explorer (no AAA tows until November) thinking of either a 2016 Limited 4WD just to see what it can do, or a Jeep Renegade Trailhawk. Ideas? I've seen that the trailhawk...
  5. D

The only reason I would remove it so that when I return the rental, it doesn't look like it was trying to go off road.
  6. D

For a 20th anniversary run, I think it would be kinda cool to see how far the Explorer has come (or gone) in 25 years.
  7. D

Removing the lower air dam should make a bit of difference I would hope. Would be more Range Rover-ish
  8. D

Still hoping that I'll be able to make it out there at least on Saturday-Sunday morning. Not sure about being Dora out this time though, needs a bit of work and I have no time to do anything between now and then, also out of AAA tows for the year so I wouldn't want to risk it... however, I have...
  9. D

I'm hopefully in depending on work, I work weekends and during the evening, so if anything I can call in sick Saturday and leave early Sunday morning.
  10. D

Truckhaven 20th Anniversary Run MLK Weekend Jan. 15-17

Awwwww man, forgot to double check my dates... Looks like I won't be able to make it :(
  11. D

Truckhaven 20th Anniversary Run MLK Weekend Jan. 15-17

I'll be there, but most likely going to have to hop in and ride with someone. I'll drive my 3rd Gen out there, but 2WD, open diff, and stock won't get me much past the campsite
  12. D

Back to Truck Haven October 24 - 25

Im hoping to be outta LA by 1 or 2, should be there by 5 or 6. Dora has been giving me trouble in the form of leaking oil from the metal hoses connected to the left side of the new radiator. Going to get those tightened up in the morning and hope that's all as far as problems :/ Worst case...
  13. D

Took Dora into the shop today to have my mechanic replace an inner tie rod ($25 is totally worth it) and when I parked, I noticed a green puddle underneath... Great. Hopefully it's a leaky hose and not the radiator. I guess in the mechanics parking lot is a perfect place to notice something like...
  14. D

Oh and if yall were planning on a movie at night, I'll be bringing a big white van thay can be used as a screen
  15. D

My buddy Kris is going to make his spam sushi and I'll bring a desert cake of sorts
  16. D

Which road is Box Canyon Road? The only one I know by name is Marine
  17. D

I'm bringing a friend of mine along and he seems to have his heart set on making spam sushi, is that something that yall would be interested in for the potluck?
  18. D

I thought I commented on this a while back, But I'm definitely in for this run. Dora is almost ready, and I learned last time from Ritsui that its probably a good idea to bring an extra tie rod.
  19. D

Truck Haven Jan 16-18

I too completed my repairs this past weekend. Nothing too serious... just a broken leaf spring and destroyed front end links. The dent in the gas tank, bent running boards, and smashed rear cats are no biggies.
  20. D

Truck Haven Jan 16-18

Maniak maybe this could be why i was smelling gas out on the trail? Crushed the shell of the tank a bit and it may have been relieving pressure
  21. D

Truck Haven Jan 16-18

Just a few of the pics I took (or had taken of me)
  22. D

Truck Haven Jan 16-18

Haha, Could be. Im assuming the leaf probably broke somewhere through this stretch, the truck was making some noises I never heard before, and flexing more than it ever has. Totally worth it though
  23. D

Truck Haven Jan 16-18

Got home and noticed Dora had a bit of a gangster lean going on in the back, turns out i broke my helper / lift spring... Yay
  24. D

Truck Haven Jan 16-18

Headed out now, hoping to be out there before it gets dark
  25. D

Truck Haven Jan 16-18

Rick is it the same site as back in October?
Back