Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. X

Amp Fuse+Amp Wiring Fuse=BOOM!?

You should be fine I would think... My amps don't have any internal fusing so I have to run inline fuses(300a) in front by the battery and in back by the amps(300a also).
  2. X

Showing off some flex, and testing oldies...

Yeah last year I was at a few shows... This year I'll be at almost all of them.
  3. X

Head unit(s) Alpine 9886 in front -------- Front stage 2 DD 6.5 components in each door Crunch GP 1600.4 amp -------- Rear stage 1 DD 6.5 component set Crunch GP 700.2 amp -------- Sub stage 2 18" AA mayhems D1ohm ~16.5C.F wall tuned to 28-29hz 4 6" Aeroports 2 Hifonics XXV volossus amps 12...
  4. X

You talkin about Stewie? He just sold some to a buddy Brian... I'm running 2 XXV colossus amps on them.
  5. X

:) Still have to install the rest of the mids/highs in front doors, waiting for it to warm up outside to work with the fiberglass...
  6. X

New build log...

Yes, I can turn the subwoofer output down so the bass doesn't kick as hard. the highs/mids/subs are really close to equal even though it doesn't show it in the video.
  7. X

New build log...

Ascendant audio is made by FI audio, it's their dealer line. The Mayhem is pretty much their fully optioned BTL with old style motor. Here is a new video(thanks brian!) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKejoVshwC8 lol I made the sticker, but I'm sure you can find it somewhere online. Thanks for...
  8. X

New build log...

First and foremost big thanks to TMH for designing and building the wall(I helped but he did most :P) lol Tested at 150.4DB @ 31hz sealed legal on TL. Truck now peaks at 30-31hz. Also did a 151.8 outlaw... Set up; Head unit(s) Alpine 9887 in front Alpine 9833 out the rear -------- Front...
  9. X

320a alternator from DC power

Yeah I have never heard anything bad of iraggi yet, I would def try them too. I just name DC because I've seen great stuff from them. There is only one brand alt so far I would never try, and it's the one that went up in smoke in that video I posted lol. I don't wanna mention the name and get...
  10. X

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYoh7KqNCqM There is my buddy(audiofanaticz) retesting his with a new belt.... 197a at idle with a 35hz burp and 292a at 2k rpms with 35hz burp... Not bad for a 270sp lol Here is another friend's(Thee Michael Hughes) running 3 300a DC alts...
  11. X

Yeah we tested my friends 270sp from DC and it peaked at like 293a and idle was like 170a with system up at 35hz. I should be happy with it lol. Also with an alternator this size I lost one of the mounting points, which shouldn't be that bad. I think 2 is plenty lol.
  12. X

The pulley isn't standard size. I need to run a serpentine belt from a 99 Buick riviera s/c(shorter then stock)
  13. X

Just received it today. Once it's installed were gonna run some tests see how well it puts out :) This thing is beefy lol
  14. X

*TEASER* It's coming...

Aero ports would be 6" in diameter.
  15. X

*TEASER* It's coming...

So I been toying with a few wall designs today... What you guys think?
  16. X

*TEASER* It's coming...

I decided to go with the 8" AA Assassin subs since they look like mini mayhem subs lol. http://ascendantaudio.com/assasin.php
  17. X

Running Wire

I'm running 3/0 runs front and back for both positive and negative.... I'm not having problems with whine noise... I would run your wire under the truck.
  18. X

*TEASER* It's coming...

Right on the money! :) I'm running DD 6.5 components currently. http://www.ddaudio.com/dd/caraudio/09/DDC6_5.asp As far as which 8" I will be running, I haven't fully decided yet.
  19. X

*TEASER* It's coming...

Roughly 75 pounds...
  20. X

*TEASER* It's coming...

Just got in the mail, my second 18" AA MAYHEM...I will have them both in a 16 c.f wall tuned to about the same as the current one is(29-30hz), 6 6" aeroports, all behind the back seat with one XXV COLOSSUS amp on each sub. I'm also looking at fiberglassing a set of 8" JL audio...
  21. X

Will A-A-L help? Weight limit in cargo area?

My new set up for next year's competitions will weigh in at about 875-900 pounds. I feel this will max out my old suspension and make it sag a good amount. If I get some AAL will this hold that weight up in stock place? What else would it take? 1-2" lift kit in the rear as well? What is the...
  22. X

The effects of a 18" MAYHEM on a carwash building

I'm too gangsta for sound deadening. :P But yeah it will be getting done when i tear everything out and work on next years set up. I'm most likely going to a second 18" and amp in a wall...
  23. X

The effects of a 18" MAYHEM on a carwash building

It is 8cuft before displacement. Yeah it loves lows lol. It's favorite song right now is DJ Drama-Love for Money (Ft. Trey Songz, Willie the Kid, Gucci Mane, La the Darkman, Yung Joc, Bun B & Flo Rida)
  24. X

Pics of Sub Boxes

(1) 18" Ascendant Audio Mayhem, 8cf box before displacement tuned to about 30.5hz (1) Hifonics XXV COLOSSUS amp (6) panasonic batteries (2) Runs of 3/0 welding cable 146.7db sealed on a TL at the dash on music. Song played was DJ DRAMA-Love For Money [feat.Trey Songz...
Back