Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. L

How to: 2nd Gen Gauge Cluster Removal and LED Conversion V2

I could never get back into the Red dash lights after owning a pontiac haha. Both of those setups look great though! I'm still leaning towards replacing my gauges with the stock white face ones and putting some UV purple lights inside. We'll see how that goes, might be awhile yet.
  2. L

I'm with EXPLODRR, pics, or it didn't happen! :P
  3. L

mine^^^ even though i do not have even lighting, i still do not miss the nasty off-white glow of the needles from the stock bulbs.
  4. L

mine look like this as well. I used blue though. Soon enough i'll get the sport white face gauge cluster, and put my blue led's in that.
  5. L

Time for a Tune-Up...

aaaaaaah. Thanks for clearing that up for me Anime :) Hmm. I set up an appointment friday at the place where i bought the truck.. i bought a pretty decent (i guess we'll find out friday just HOW decent) warranty with the truck, i'm going to talk with them and see if they are going to fix this...
  6. L

Time for a Tune-Up...

so... since there's a tsb about it can i take it to a dealership and have them fix this?
  7. L

Autozone Cheap Lift Kit

Awesome!! Thanks again guys! I'll post pics here when i get it started!
  8. L

Autozone Cheap Lift Kit

Thanks guys!! Awesome info! I was a little wary of those shackles, they do look pretty cheap... another question... would it be okay to do both the shackles AND add a leaf? for example... could i do the shackles this week, AAL next week, and then TT the week after? I won't be driving...
  9. L

Autozone Cheap Lift Kit

haha. Alright guys. Need some advice here... i'm looking at curing my sagging issue on my 2001 explorer, i've seen a youtube video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNP_6iCOl90 and i'm thinking about doing it. They sell for about 20$. Has anyone done this that may be willing to share their...
  10. L

Time for a Tune-Up...

Thanks Anime! haha! Yeah, how did you know?! my previous cars were Japanese! (honda civic, toyota corolla, toyota supra!) i've heard a lot about platinum/iridium plugs just being fancy/unnecessary.. but then again, 2001 is the newest vehicle i've owned. Thank you for the info! ps: I've been...
  11. L

Time for a Tune-Up...

Hey guys. Just looking for suggestions for Plugs/wires and a coil pack. Just planning on doing an ignition tuneup. Coil pack hasn't really given me any issues, i'm just willing to bet it's original equipment along with the plugs/wires, and i'm pushing 128k now on a 2001 xlt 4.0 sohc. i've...
  12. L

bird chirp -- water pump?

wasn't my crank pos sensor. Replaced my belt drive (tensioner, idler, and belt) with new parts (DAYCO) and no squeak at all for 5 weeks now. looked like everything was original equipment... it all had the raised ford logo on it. (127k miles)
  13. L

I think I finally fixed my squeal under the hood.....OMG!

Well, Long story short, my squeal was from the tensioner/belt. Looks like it was factory equipment as the parts had ford stamped in them and were very very worn looking. i'm pushing 127k miles. I replaced all the belt drive (tensioner, idler, and belt) and no squeal for 5 weeks so far. BUT...
  14. L

Replacing Serpentine Belt

Hey guys. One year later i have replaced my tensioner, idler, and belt (all DAYCO parts from ADVANCE AUTO) and it is QUIET AS A BREEZE blowing through a grassy countryside. I WAS having a severe problem with chirping previously with my old belt setup. The parts i removed seemed to be original...
  15. L

AAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHH----Chirp

Hey Alaska, just adding my 2cents. I also just went through some insane chirping over the last 8mo or so, i finally gave up and replaced my tensioner, idler, and belt (all DAYCO parts from ADVANCE AUTO) and it is QUIET AS A BREEZE blowing through a grassy countryside. No chirp of ANY kind in the...
  16. L

For Those With Timing Chain Rattle...

Possibly stupid question... What would i need if i were to get a 4.0 sohc engine out of a 2002 or newer explorer.. i have a 2001 with 4.0 sohc (4x4) .... i assume you would need ecu/pcm from donor vehicle?..
  17. L

50 Horsepower For 5 Cents............

oh god lol. now i'm going out to check... i have an 01 explorer with 120k on it... that sucker has to have an inch of slack in the cable... the pedal sits half way between the brake and the floor. :( i haven't floored it yet, but there's not much space to go from 'normal pedal position' to...
  18. L

My 5r55e problems...

ohhhhhhhhhh.. :( I'm scared i own the same transmission...
  19. L

trans seems to have weird shift points

MINE DOES THE SAME EXACT THING. I just kind of assumed this was normal (this is my first automatic in... wow.. 10 years??) but it's kind of acting up a bit more... hoping a fluid and filter change fixes this...
  20. L

5r55e weird problems

geez... my 5r55e has got me paranoid. Nothing this obvious yet... but something is going on.. i can tell.. either way. interested to see what you find out.
  21. L

Preparing for Off-Road

Awesome info guys, thanks for all the tips! All we really have around here are some b-level roads :/
  22. L

Preparing for Off-Road

Hey guys, just had a quick question. I have a 2001 XLT with the 4.0 SOHC, with 120k miles on the truck. I'm hoping to hit some mud with my friends before winter hits, i just was wondering: What should i upgrade before i sink my truck in the mud? I know the truck is 11 years old, and i'm up to...
  23. L

Treadwright tires anyone?

Yep! Just found out about Treadwright from my brother, then i found this thread! looks like im going to order a set too!! Ive been hounding craigslist for 2 weeks trying to find some tires lol. Ill put up pics when i get them!
  24. L

Cragar Soft 8s

AWESOME look Midnightrebel. That's the same setup i'm putting on my 01' Explorer! Can't wait!
  25. L

A/C Problems...

So about a few weeks ago i noticed the air just wasn't as cool as it used to be, and so i ran it on max AC for about a 30 minute drive, yep, sure enough the air was just as warm as if on vent. (yes i had the temp selector to cool :P) So a week goes by and i finally decide i'm going to get a...
Back