Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Steering wheel audio control

Got mine working with the idatalink maestro SW.
  2. S

Want to give new life to my truck

Hello everyone, Have a 2006 XLT 4.0 with 160k+ miles, bought it 5 years ago with 80k miles came with most options leather, 4x4, 3Rd row seats, navigation, tow package, I have done a few upgrades over time, added 20" limited wheels, replaced head unit with a pioneer navigation and new...
  3. S

Steering wheel audio control

Old thread but i figure there are still a few people out there dealing with this, i managed to find the audio switch and original wiring harness from a wrecked explorer, i have already installed it but i use an aftermarket stereo, is this now as easy as installing one of those PAC audio...
  4. S

fender flares

the ones you're describing are from the ironman edition, good luck finding those, i've been looking for 3 years, you can have the dealer order them but combined you're looking at an arm and a leg, literally.
  5. S

My gear shift indicator is off.

That worked, thanks a million! this should be pinned.
  6. S

My gear shift indicator is off.

Does anyone have this PDF file available? my Gear shift indicator is off as well, thank you.
  7. S

5th gen rims on 4th gen

Please do!
  8. S

New 4th Gen Owner

Funny my 06 XLT fully loaded is appraised at a little over $6k and they're charging you that to fix yours.
  9. S

strattec Blank Key

So i ordered a blank key from ebay, the Strattec OEM one and every place i tried they refused to program it, so i ended up paying the Dealer to make me a copy with theirs and as it turns out is the exact same damn key, but had to pay them twice as much for it. anyway i have that extra blank...
  10. S

4th Gen Explorer Pictures

that Adrenalin is Beautiful
  11. S

Add Bluetooth

i was in the same situation as you, but had the factory navigation, have had the explorer for 4 years now and since day one i wanted to add bluetooth. Ford mobile Ease adapter was too expensive, didnt want another adapter and wire running through the dash, wanted to keep factory look, but...
  12. S

Need engine for 2007 4.0

I'm not a mechanic so sorry if is a dumb question but can he put a V8 from another explorer if possible? no crazy mods and stuff, just a plain swap from a matching explorer? probably need the 6 speeds transmission also.
  13. S

220k Exploder Limited 2wd 4.6 with 6R60

I am experiencing that weird vibration when braking and replaced break pads last year, so that went away by replacing the calipers or the rotors? 2006 XLT V6 here
  14. S

Custom subwoofer boxes on 4th gen?

does anyone knows if the factory sub enclosure of the 3rd Gen is the same as the 4th Gen? i believe i've seen some pictures on ebay before and they look very similar.
  15. S

swap analog (knobs) climate control for digital

Man! :( oh well, ill keep looking at other "mods" and tweaks, maybe by next year ill trade my 06 for a 2010 Limited with all the toys
  16. S

swap analog (knobs) climate control for digital

hey guys, looking on ebay i've seen a lot of the OEM digital A/C climate control units compatible with the 06 explorer, i was wondering if anyone has attempted to swap them out? mine have the old one with the knobs, looking at the back of both it seems like the harness is different, and it will...
  17. S

i was thinking of picking up an OEM sub from ebay and found the part # so was just going to replace the actual sub but use the box, but can't find the part # for the rear Panel. thought of a custom box but still debating, OEM look or a better/bigger Sub.
  18. S

Windshield replacement Carlite vs PGW

So the guy was right then, also $189 and they come to my house to install it, not bad i guess.
  19. S

Windshield replacement Carlite vs PGW

Hey everyone, I have to replace my windshield and was calling a few places in town, one particular shop quoted me $300 out the door for the Carlite brand or $189 for PGW, he said PGW was just as good and with carlite you pay for the name, to only use carlite if i was restoring a vehicle to keep...
  20. S

mine also have the rear AC there, so maybe modify the panel on the passenger's side to fit a 10 or 12 there?
  21. S

im very interested in this also, have an 06 XLT and want to somehow fit a sub there while still using the 3rd row seats, i'm lost at this point, i'm not looking for a huge box, maybe a single 10" would do, just need a place for it while maintaining a "stock" look.
  22. S

Sudden Death Today

Mine did the same on my 06 XLT, it was at work at the parking lot, no previous warning, got off from work, tried to crank it up, no go, just dead, replaced battery and all good.
  23. S

06-10 OEM subwoofer enclosure

Does anyone have the part # for the OEM subwoofer enclosure? if it will fit a 2006 XLT, mine has like a storage compartment on the right rear panel and i was thinking of getting the OEM enclosure and maybe the OEM panel that goes with it? mine didn't come with the sub and i want to add one...
  24. S

thermostat housing -- cracked by dealer

i replaced mine at around 90k, i have 134k it looks like at some point it started leaking again and then stopped, there's dry residues all over.
  25. S

ATF Mercon LV for Power Steering?

well, took a drive to another store and they found 1 bottle of Mercon V left, said they don't sell it anymore, and that one was a return that they had sitting by the register. i wanted another couple of bottles to do a full flush, ill just have to settle with that one for now. thank you...
Back