Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

Oil Change coming up - list for the dealer...

Thanks everyone for your ideas and offers for help. Crystal - I think I'll give the dealer an opportunity to deal with things appropriately. We have a fabulous service department and they take good care of us (after our last vehicle - they know us on sight :)). I'll for sure be in touch if...
  2. F

Hey Peter! Thanks for the well wishes. He will be ok - we hope. Just dealing a day at a time. I don't let mine sit that long when I start it and it's not in a garage (out in the driveway). While our temps haven't been quite that cold - negatives to be sure - the wind chill has been. I...
  3. F

and I'm hoping things go smoothly. 1) there's a crack in the seam of my armrest - driver's side. There's a kind of "handle" on the arm rest/door and the very seam of it (top corner) is cracked...or split. It's a natural place for that to happen but unexpected to be sure. 2) the covers...
  4. F

Finally got my Explorer!

Hey Mizzouman_2000, Congrats on your new X!! For the blinker: If you just hold it (instead of light push+release) - it will continue to blink until you let it go. I've done this in all my cars previous and it just works better for me. I hate the 3 blink thing. Cruise: Yes, our cruise...
  5. F

My EX is 6months old...a quick update...

Rebecca - thanks. I'll let you know how it goes. Spiders - just keep them away from your FORD!!
  6. F

I don't have any problem doing it myself - but figured since it was going in for the other stuff - I'd have them do it. But now - yeah, I"ll be doing it myself. I don't forsee any problems with it. Maybe the name of my car needs to have something to do with *spiders* in it?? And the guy at...
  7. F

Omg - VINCE!! Yes - they said there were cobwebs in the inlet!!! They cleaned them out and it was all good!! WEird weird weird. Oh and he said it was going to take them THREE hours to do the MFT update to 3.2.2 so I said "never mind" - I can try to do it myself or take it back later. I...
  8. F

LOL - Gigi - I think I'm at 7600...not too bad. I was hoping to average right around 1000 miles/mo but I'm a bit over with the trip south. While that may be true on the expedition - I wish my x had bigger windows. I don't like not feeling like I can see... That's ok - way better than...
  9. F

So - aside from my little nightmare the month after I got it (stupid blind spots), things have gone very smoothly with the Green Gem (daughter still calls it "Sebastian"). I've had minimal trouble with MFT, good gas mileage, awesome mountain trip (North Carolina area - my mom lives down...
  10. F

opinions on silver??

I have to say the GREEN is the same way - they're trying to figure out if it's black or green! :)
  11. F

Do you feel cramped in your Explorer?

I have a 14, a 13 and 8.5 year old. My 14 year old has a 35" inseam - she's 5'8. My 13 year old is 5'4 but about to spurt *any moment*. They both sit in the 3rd row without much issue. They are *more* comfortable in the 2nd row but not to the point that they refuse to sit in the back. If...
  12. F

Entertainment turns on by itself when leaving car during phone call

Sterlinggold - I have the EXACT same issue. I'm in an XLT so the limited fob isn't a factor. The other day - was on the phone and *I turned the radio off* while I was on the phone. Just because (no specific reason I just know I did - maybe it was while I was waiting for it to dial?). I...
  13. F

A Green Gem funny...

Ooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh...that was bad - even for you ;) Homework time.
  14. F

A Green Gem funny...

I have time in the morning to catch my breath but after tomorrow - I'll be around more. Hard to be here and *there* at the same time :) I have now seen 2 - a limited and another XLT here in our city. All of a sudden. *I* think people saw mine and went "oooooh...." - it's hard to guess what...
  15. F

A Green Gem funny...

My daughter's high school group was doing a car wash on Saturday. The Gem wasn't *super* dirty but could use a wash. So we took it down. While they washed, we played "CAR WASH" on the radio and they were all dancing and singing. My daughter told me later that someone said "when this...
  16. F

Here's Our New Ride!

Vince - when you first started posting about your trip, I was gonna throw out the old "if there are no pictures - it didn't really happen" - looks like you've taken it to heart my friend! The pictures are FABULOUS!! Thanks so much for taking the time to journal your trip and illustrate it at...
  17. F

Good News Story

Welcome to my <early> world... Kid #1 leaves the house to catch her bus at 6:48. #2 at 7:25 and we leave at 8:20. Crazy crazy schedules. I'll have more time after Monday :)
  18. F

Good News Story

Hey VinceL! I've been following along on your vacation post - just can't find the time to formulate a coherent post :) And JoeDirt had it right. 3 kids, 3 different schools (#1 in HIGH SCHOOL - O..M..G..) and then the elementary school where #3 goes offered me a full time gig for the first...
  19. F

Good News Story

So glad that worked for you. When I did help desk/call center support for a software package - that was *ALWAYS* the first thing we suggested - REBOOT! It solved some really wacked out problems and off they went. Never could explain *why* it worked - (neither could the company). But it did :)
  20. F

I finally saw another GREEN GEM - and it was in MY neighborhood!!

It was a limited though - but man is that a nice looking car ;) The driver gave me a thumbs up when she saw me :) Have to say though, I love it. I'm doing much better with the blind spots (but whoo that was a rough transition from my fish-bowl like mini-van) and I have to say, today, I was...
  21. F

3rd row access

Peterk - you're right. I totally forgot that it was different. It is so easy to say "59/59" but you're right - so much better at 57! We are *very* ready for that seat to be GONE!
  22. F

3rd row access

Yeah, your 7yo could totally put her booster in the back. My 8.5yo moves his booster all over this truck! When I had 2 little ones and then had the 3rd, it was hard to configure the carseats in the mini-van - but with just the one now and a portable seat at that (not latched in) - it's great...
  23. F

3rd row access

While not optimal, you could put one carseat in the 3rd row passenger side of the car so that the 2nd row 40 still rolls & tumbles. The carseat would really be accessible but when the seat is folded. Not sure how old your carseat-baby is but that's what I would do. If it's an infant seat...
  24. F

The A pillar is not the problem, see invoice

I had that same buzzing in my 2005 Freestar - and they used ELECTRICAL tape to fix it. I'm not kidding - I thought it was insane. But then they did all kinds of "interesting" fixes on that van - I'm glad they're actually *fixing* the Ex's and that it was effective for you.
Back