Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 2000 XLT

2000 XLT

2. D

What size tire to Improve Ride Quality ??

I've got 275-55/18 Michelin Cross Terrains and they ride remarkably better than the stock Firestone Wilderness rubber. Yes, even with the shorter sidewall the Michelins are smoother and quieter. HTH, Scott
  3. D

Hello all.... Thanks..... Pics of Truck

Ga, That is my friend's shop....... In the next few months, I'll install similar flooring in my garage. I'll post it on the home page. Explodr, I'm in the Richardson area and don't get to D'ville very often. TAS, Thanks for the words...... Your truck has been inspiration for me to...
  4. D

Stann, The 928 is an earlier model that has the 4.5L V-8. It's rated at 230HP and 260 ft-lbs. I would like to make some mods, but it would be cheaper for me to buy a later model ('87 and later) that has 300+HP stock. I've added a few more pics.... Need to add some of the F1 cars.
  5. D

Heath, I learned a long time ago that a wife that drives a nice car is a happy woman. My take is that as long as I have access to the S4 with a happy SO, I'm a happy guy. Stann, Ha! The wife went with me....... She is from Belgium and we wrapped the GP into a trip to see her family...
  6. D

Thanks for the feedback! Heath, The S4 is my wife's driver..... Very cool car and blindingly quick. You should see the look on the Mustang boys' faces when a 4-door German car cleans their clock :) Stann, The 928 is my money pit, er, project car. I've had it for about 4 years and spend...
  7. D

Hello All, I've been lurking for quite some time and wanted to say a word of thanks for the info. posted in this forum. I've had my 2000 XLT since June of 2000 and have been slowly making changes to it over time. Up until now, I've been cleaning up the exterior such as removing the roof...
  8. D

hahah you have to see this

I saw a write-up on the 350Z boards where they bought a T-chip for $250 and dissected it. The upshot..... It contained a fuse wrapped in foil and the box filled with epoxy. Some HP boost.... A fuse.
  9. D

Wheel lock question

Gorilla offers an entire set of 20 locking lugs keyed identically for about $60. Here's the logic...... Most thieves, as Alec alluded to, will take a socket and hammer the socket onto the single locking lug per wheel. Then they carry two lug wrenches.... One for their newly affixed socket...
  10. D

Lightning Rims

Wheel adapters will also add offset (push the wheel face farther from the vehicle center). That must be accounted for when considering. Or, you might check into fitting different brake/disc/hub assemblies. This would probably be cost prohibitive.
  11. D

Bullit Wheels on a X

X-factor: The decision is primarily for tire choice and cost. In 275/75-18 I could only find the X-terrains. As the 255/55-18 becomes popular on the Cayenne and Toureg, more tire options will be available in a few years. For now, I really like the X-terrains. They handle great and are...
  12. D

Bullit Wheels on a X

I just bought a set of FR500 replicas and went with the 275/55-18 Michelin Cross Terrains. I'm at stock height so no clearance issues. A little rub at lock per James T, but not a deal breaker. The wheels look great and the ride is awesome. Next time around for tires, I'll probably go...
  13. D

Cars around town...

Hey 410, Agreed on BII's I had an '84 up until a few years ago. Great truck. I wish I had it back. Scott
Back