Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

Highest / Lowest Mileage

Mileage Over this past weekend round trip to Houston (500 mi.) posted 21 mpg. My trip computer stays at 16.8 city driving. 2000 X EB 5.0L stock 2WD 3.73 diff. 162,000 mi.
  2. J

shocks for towing?

Keep a minimum of 20 psi in the shocks.
  3. J

Greetings From.....

I just spent July 21-28 in Lake City and had a great time. Drove up to the base of Engineer Pass in my 2WD. Took many pics. Eating out is costly.
  4. J

Problem between 30-50MPH

Try Precision of New Hampton for a remanufactured unit. www.gopnh.com or 800-654-1220.
  5. J

6x12 Enclosed trailer from GA to NJ. I need some advice

Disengage od. My 2 cents
  6. J

rear spring help

Air shocks dont add to tow capacity, it just helps to keep your butt from dragging & you X level . I use monroe max-airs and my X rides great. Use a WD hitch.
  7. J

High speed wheel shake after brake job

If you are a Sam's Club member, my local club offers rotate and balance for $15.82. Cheap!
  8. J

Ford explorer limited v8 in brazil

My EX 5.0L has 160,000 mi. and the T. fluid is a clear pink and no foul odor. I bought it at 156K from the prev. one owner said and he doesn't recall having it serviced. I've changed the motor oil 3 times since and asked the shop to pay close attn. to the tranny oil condition and change if he...
  9. J

Is this a vacuum hose?

It's about the size of my pinky and runs from the top of the air intake tube just past the airflow meter to a 1.5 inch tube nearby. Anyway, it's broken at an elbow fitting. What is it called? Is it important & can I plug it? Can it be bought at AZ?
  10. J

Lower control arm part number with zerk?

AMAZON is a good source and usually free shipping+ no tax.
  11. J

low oil pressure issues

Be sure you have the correct replacement part. The one for the guage, not for the op light. AZ sold me the wrong one to me last Jan. Plus they sold me the wrong fuel filter. He blamed the computer.LOL
  12. J

check guage light

I changed my OP sending unit out and "PROBLEM SOLVED". On the 5.0, it's difficult to get to but not impossible.It took a long extension and a break-over to get it out.
  13. J

New to using forums...

The return air intake could have sucked in some debris ; "big mac" wrapper. Lol
  14. J

search for more mpg numbers

My 2wd 2000 5.0L (160K miles) averages 16.9 mpg city on computer display. I drive it with economy in mind (hyper-miling) most othe time. Google hyper-miling: helps more in city than you think. I'm taking it to Hamilton,TX 5/12/2012 250mi. RT for my first hwy trip. I'll reset my trip computer...
  15. J

Hello from Dallas

I see you don't actually live in Dallas proper. I was in the Rail Head BBQ rest. in Fort Worth testerday and on their beverage cups is printed " LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO LIVE IN DALLAS". I grew up in Dallas and really enjoy living in "Cowtown"USA. Still retains a small town feeling, even though, we...
  16. J

P3 controller on craigslist a bargain?

I found a one yr. old Tekonsha P3 for $80. on CL. Is it a bargain? Seller says he sold his TT.
  17. J

The little shock absorber in the middle of the axel..?

It's a horizontal gas filled shock. Therefore, you won't see a leak.
  18. J

Dare I Ask? Correct Tire Pressure for a 1997 Explorer

I like the smooth ride I get with 26 frt/28rear much better than 30's. All my driving is city in my completly stock EB 5.0L
  19. J

ABS light on

It's a cheap fix (<$30.) and located on top of the diff. near the u-joint pass.side.
  20. J

leveling explorers

ma776
  21. J

leveling explorers

A pair of airshocks from Amazon for about $55. will raise the "butt" to match the front seems like a very cheap solution. It works for me.
  22. J

Central Texas Meet and Shoot Discussion Thread

location gps address and/or coordnates?
  23. J

Shock Recommendation?

I just replaced the 5th shock (Monroe SC2958"axle damper") this AM and the X felt very good, as if it was in control of the road. Well worth the $35. free shipping on Amazon.
  24. J

Central Texas Meet and Shoot Discussion Thread

My 12G is a Mossberg Maverick 18.5" tactical, unmodified. Just a loaded, under the bed Model.
  25. J

New to the forum!

Was it the connector under the seat?
Back