Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

What rear end do I have?

33x11.5x15 on stock narrow wheels. There are as tall as the 35 11 boggers I had in the pic.
  2. S

What rear end do I have?

Well that is a plethora of information, thank you sir! I will check this weekend using that method. I know when I am off-road the front pulls hard and turning is very hard and it jumps, I assumed it was a locker but it could already be mismatched judging by what you said.
  3. S

What rear end do I have?

Mark, I planned on following up at a later time to do the front to match. Would it hurt to use the front until I make the swap? Maybe in need to go through the pain of seeing what is in the front... I know the sticker says 3:27 but it has been separated and has orange silicon everywhere and...
  4. S

What rear end do I have?

Thanks ZTraz! When I bought it I was told he put 3:73's in it but it feels like 2:73's! I know the front has a locker and pulls hard so maybe he just put them in that? I can't even use overdrive, it is useless. It drops to about 1200 at interstate speeds so I just use 3rd everywhere. I hope...
  5. S

What rear end do I have?

I have been lurking all morning and I "think" I found the answer but just want to be sure. I have a 94 Explorer 4.0 auto 4x4. Do I have an 8.8 with 31 spline axles? I have big tires and the 4.0 just isn't working out driving daily since I am used to driving a supercharged mustang so I want...
  6. S

Any idea what to look for on my submarine?

Just wanted to update. The engine bent a rod so I got a new one and then paid $185 to flush the transmission and drives only to discover the water did a number on the transmission so it blew the same day. I got that rebuilt and the drives changed again and it drives perfect other than some kind...
  7. S

Where can I buy just a Voltage Gauge Module?

Thanks!!! Mine brokadid. ^ For the Where's Waldo fans. :D
  8. S

Will a 96 4.0 work in my 94?

What would I need to do to make it work? I ruined my engine going diving and am on the hunt for an economical solution. I found a 96 Vin X 8th digit and would be very thankful if you guys could tell me if it will go right in. Thanks, Scott
  9. S

Thanks!!! I am going to move it and add a snorkel. I never planned on diving but this time I plan on being prepared. I saw the PVC ones made here and they are nice but I am going to try one of the molded ones for a Land Rover or Jeep, whichever follows the windshield the best...
  10. S

Thank you tweaked. While that sounds like a major pain, it is very inspirational knowing it worked out for your buddy. Sounds like I need to just start at the front and work my way back....
  11. S

SNJ's Rig (full build progress thread)

I think this is my favorite thread on the whole internet. :salute: I am inspired to get back on mine now. I think our trucks are related.... :D
  12. S

It does it before trying to start, I pulled the plugs and the motor turns by hand fine. If the pooter is in the lower right kick panel....yes. :mad: Battery is good. I did try and restart once. Air filter was toast (soggy toast that is), I have all the ducts off. I am changing all the fluids...
  13. S

I went down a creek I go all the time to but heavy rains washed the floor away and the explorer went for a dive in about 4 feet of water. It soaked for about 2 hours until the Calvary came and has been drying out for a month. When I turn the key on or do the door locks or anything, the dome...
  14. S

Parts for sale

Do you still have this? Is this so you can mount a spare on the rear? Any pics? Thanks! Scott
  15. S

Lifted Camber Question

Hunting and trail riding is all the action I plan on. We like to go exploring as a family, all slow stuff for old folks =D. I have a set of 35's and 33's in my wishlist at Summitracing.com. The ones I am looking at are about the same price. 33's http://www.summitracing.com/parts/BFG-08012/ or...
  16. S

Lifted Camber Question

Thanks again! I will read that too. My steering works good and drives straight, my only complaint is when I get in the ruts a big rig left in the street and I think that is from my worn out boggers? I took it down to the creek and over some twisty terrain and was not pleased with the flex...but...
  17. S

Lifted Camber Question

Thank you kindly x2 Naasau! I will study the page well.
  18. S

Lifted Camber Question

Thanks Tweaked!
  19. S

Lifted Camber Question

Thank you in advance!!! I am about to buy new tires, going with 33's this time instead of 35's. I noticed I have negative camber (pic doesn't show it well but you can see). I have a 4" suspension and 3" body lift. How does lifting affect camber? If I got taller springs would that cause...
  20. S

real oil pressure trouble 4.0 ohv

Did you get it worked out?
  21. S

First gen roof rack and other stuff....

I wish I were closer. =(
  22. S

My Truck: [IMG]

My Truck: [IMG]
Back