Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

Check engine code p0443

I had one of those locking gas-caps on my explorer since someone actually stole my cap (seriously?? who does that?). It wasn't making a good seal, so I kept getting the same error code. A proper replacement cap fixed the issue.
  2. J

Headlamp Switch Burp???

I've had this happen to me a couple of times too. Even if I look at the auto dim slider and push it all the way left, there's no change. However, if I run it all the way right and then back left, they go out. I imagine that since I don't really move it, ever, that some dust gets into the...
  3. J

No brake lights, except for 3rd

I never even touched the passenger side one until today though. Meh, whatever, they work now, less likely I'll get rear-ended.
  4. J

You are correct, it was the 3157 bulb, shame for me trying to figure out the problem at night. And it turns out, it was the seating of the bulbs that was the issue... and I'm not sure how in the hell they both got dislodged in such a way that the running light filament would work, and the...
  5. J

Daytime Running Lights

As far as I remember, it is state-by-state for that law. I know NY had it, but some others didn't. I hate the look of daytime running lights, but I would be all for lights triggered on whenever the whippers are used for more than 25 or so seconds. From what I've seen over the years, dumb...
  6. J

Blinker is one, brakes/running light is another, and reverse lights are a third bulb. The brake light bulbs only have two contacts, so it's not a two-filament bulb.
  7. J

Solved...kind of. So, I've searched on here to try to find an answer, but can't seem to find it. Today a buddy from work called me while driving behind me to tell me my taillights were out, but the 3rd brake light on the tailgate was working. Here's what I've checked so far: - Bulbs are fine...
  8. J

How to: Program a replacement PATS key Ford Key Programming

If you have only one key, you need to go to the dealership (or someone with the proper equipment) so they can connect to the car's computer. Sadly, I'm in the same boat, so I just live with one key.
  9. J

Transfer case leak

I've checked all of the posts tagged with transfer case and couldn't find anything along the lines of my question. I have a 2000 xlt AWD 5.0L v8 A couple of months back, my mechanic told me that my transfer case had a leak and would need to be taken apart and resealed. He quoted me $683 for...
  10. J

weird alarm issue

I'm glad I'm not alone. So maybe the keyless entry is failing to send the correct disarm signal to the alarm?! I have no idea where to even start to figure this out.
  11. J

Problem with liftgate lock

I can't speak much to what is wrong, but if the gate is like my 2000, it isn't hard at all to remove the panel on the gate to look. Take out the screw for the interior grab handle and remove that. I believe there is a screw under the plastic molding near where the window latches to also...
  12. J

weird alarm issue

I've had this happen more than a couple times: I use my key fob to dis-arm my alarm; the doors unlock, the dome lights come on, but the alarm doesn't chirp. If I open a door or continue hitting the unlock on the key fob, the movement causes the alarm to go off and will not stop with the fob or...
Back