Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. V

Lean condition - only shows P0171 code

Don't forget to check your vacuum hoses for leaks. That will also cause lean conditions. A good scanner will tell you what the fuel trims are and help you narrow down what is causing your lean condition. -keith
  2. V

2000 Explorer cylinder head gasket replacement

More information is needed. Do you have a 4.0L OHV or SOHC? There is a huge difference in tear down. I would suggest watching a few youtube videos or get yourself a Haynes, Chilton, or a factory service manual. Either of them give a pretty detailed explanation of what your looking for and have...
  3. V

No Air Flow (Very Little) From Any Duct

After pulling everything apart for cleaning and inspecting I didn't find anything wrong however the air (heat/cold) is flowing thru all ports as directed. I don't think just pulling it apart and cleaning fixed the original problem but only time will tell as I am hopeful not to have this happen...
  4. V

No Air Flow (Very Little) From Any Duct

I come to you fellow Explorer fiends because this one stumps the hell out of me. I have a 97 Sport 4.0 x that for some reason, intermittently, I will get absolutely no air flow from any of the HVAC outputs. So I did a little research and came across Turdle's thread for the air only coming out of...
  5. V

Engine Codes

Easy way to tell if your brake switch is working is the fact that with the ignition on you have to step on the brake pedal to shift from park. If the brake switch is bad it will not allow you to do this. -keith
  6. V

Front wheels not engaging

probably the shift motor needs taken apart and cleaned. In any event, take the shift motor off the back of the trans case and shift into 4wd by hand. 4hi and 4lo position should be marked on the trans case.
  7. V

Truck won't start

https://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=219144&highlight=shifter+bolt read this post... Keith
  8. V

HCU Bleeding

Looking for advice on this one. About a month ago on my way to work my rear brake line (the one that goes across the rear axle) broke where its clamped to the top of the diff. i didn't notice it until the reservoir was empty and the brake light was on. Needless to say after repairing the line...
  9. V

Starting issues/ electrical

Start with the basics. Check your battery terminals and make sure both are tight and corrosion free. Next would be to trace all the grounds and make sure they are also tight and corrosion free. I think you will find your problem somewhere in the main power and ground cables. Its a start...
  10. V

help please

Check engine light lit?
  11. V

Vin x transmission vs vin E 5r55e FWD

The 8th letter of the VIN refers to the engine. X = 4.0 OHV E = 4.0 SOHC As long as the trans codes on the doors are the same then the trans are able to be swapped and the computer plugs will match up.
  12. V

No Movement After Using 4WD Low

before spending any money try the tips in this link. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123542&highlight=shift+motor+cleaning
  13. V

Methods on improving MPG?

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24316&highlight=gas+mailage
  14. V

Hard Start after Fuel Pump replacement

So either way he wants to fleece you for $200. Even if hes right me thinks its time to find a new mechanic.
  15. V

firearm storage

WINNER!!! :thumbsup:
  16. V

firearm storage

What type of firearm are you talking about? I personally carry a Taurus PT945, and it fits perfectly in my 2nd gen sport's door pocket.
  17. V

what muffler sounds good with the 4.0?

I have the glass pack on my 97 Ex and it sounds really good for 6 cyl. Not too raspy and definitely not like a Honda w/ a fart can. However my exhaust exits at the rear of the truck like factory. I don't know if that will effect the sound differently then yours but that's my $0.02...
  18. V

99 Explorer Stutters

Getting the Battery and/or Alternator tested at your local auto parts store would be my first step
  19. V

Rudy

Welcome Aboard!!!
  20. V

Third brakelight

2 options... First go to a junk yard and get another ballast (thats what I did). Second go to the local auto parts store and get a strip of led lights to fit behind the red lens and wire then to the power wires feeding the ballast. With LED lights make sure you have the polarity correct or they...
  21. V

No oil pressure

I hope for your sake that's all it was and your problem is fixed. However I have found that when the oil pressure on a cold start is good and drops off as it warms up usually means that the bottom end bearings are on their way out.
  22. V

Instant total battery discharge, won't start, rapid clicking from ignition area

Check the clamps on the battery just a little corrosion or looseness of the clamps will cause that. Could be just that simple of a fix...
  23. V

P0141 p0147

Looks like it's time to replace the upper and lower intake manifold gaskets.
  24. V

1990 ford explorer wanted for video shoot

hahahahahahahahahahaha.....damn bot This should have been a title for an off topic thread!
  25. V

P0442 code question

quick way to check the gas caps seal to the filler neck is to put a very thin layer of petroleum jelly on the gas caps rubber seal and put the cap back on like normal. Then remove the gas cap and look on the filler neck to see if the jelly left a mark all the way around the neck. if it did your...
Back