Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

1998 Explorer XLT 5.0 Ignition Issues - HELP!

Thanks all for the help. I found the issue.... Pulled the ecu connector out and found 2 pins were crushed behind the plug on the ECU. I guess I wasn't too careful putting the connector back on...:mad: A couple of minutes on the bench straightening out the pins and putting the ecu and...
  2. T

Cruise Control Woes...

I know I am resurrecting my own thread but I figured I would update it with the fix. Turns out the BPP switch was just in the right resistance range to not light the brake lights up without the pedal depressed but enough to kill the cruise control switch. I bought a new BPP switch and that...
  3. T

1998 Explorer XLT 5.0 Ignition Issues - HELP!

Hey all, I have been on this forum using the plethora of knowledge to learn about and enjoy my explorer. However at this point, I need help! I just replaced my 5.0 with a factory replacement since the first one went south. I go to start it up and find that I am getting 2 codes...
  4. T

Cruise Control Woes...

Update: I found a wiring diagram and was able to test all electrical connections to the cruise control servo and everything checks out good. Even the connection from the brake position switch. I found that during the cruise control diagnostic test the CC servo is supposed to completely...
  5. T

Parting Explorers, 98 5.0, 99 4.0, 99 5.0

Hello, I have a 1998 5.0 explorer and the cruise control servo has died on me. Do you still have the whole cruise control servo unit from the 98 5.0? If so, how much? Thanks!
  6. T

Cruise Control Woes...

Thanks for the tips guys! But I have had some developments! So the other night I was waiting for my 'Ploder to warm up and I thought to myself that I should wack the cruise control buttons to see if they light up... Well whatdaya know, I do that and the driver side lights up! Now I am...
  7. T

Cruise Control Woes...

Hello everyone! I have had my 1998 XLT 5.0 explorer for a while now and have used this forum's knowledge base for many issues that I have been able to resolve myself thankfully... well unfortunately, I have hit a dead end with my cruise control. I have looked through as many cruise control...
Back