Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

Idea's ???

I have a Blue 99 Explorer with a 5.0L ..The motor has 240k miles but still runs great but I wound buying my wife a new car and now it needs to be sold .. It needs a battery and 4 tires .. MY question is it worth try to sell or just call a junkyard to come grab it ??? I was looking to get $600...
  2. T

98 SOHC Project Leaf Blower

I have a new 98 4.0L Sohc and it's Project Leaf Blower ... It's a 2wd and I plain on keeping for mild offroad but will have to see what happens.. My current upgrade or rebuilds ACDELCO 45G0022 (45G0022@R04) Stabilizer Bar Link ACDELCO 45K18011 Caster / Camber Cam Bolt Kit GATES 38001...
  3. T

WTB_ Gen 2 CAI intake 4.0L SOHC

I am looking CAI for my 98 sohc motor.. I would like mac but at this point would be great to have a kn or others..
  4. T

Some info need???

I have a 98 Explorer 4.0l Sohc Questions 1-I need balljoints but I wanted to know if it's better to replace the whole lower control arm for $110 or more or just replace the bushing and balljoint for $40 ?? 2- How does the poly bushing ride verses the oem rubber ones ??? 3-I tried...
  5. T

Shackle vs AAL???

I have a 98 explorer and I was looking to see if its best to use shackles-AAL-Monroe coilover shocks??? I am looking to lift the truck or level it to fit 31" tires for light offroad ...
  6. T

Coolant Evac Tool ???

I was looking into picking up a Coolant pressure tester kit ... Well I hang around this old school parts store and they have a Coolant System Vacuum purge & fill tool .. I wanted to know if anyone has used one and how do you like it and whats your thoughts on it ???
  7. T

Finding or Picking an Alarm ???

How do I find if my 98 explorer came with a factory alarm ?? I do have the keypad on the door ???? I know my other explorer alarm activates when you press the lock button but when I tried it nothing happened .. If there is no alarm on there what should I go with or stay away from ???
  8. T

New carpet or ???

The carpet in my 98 explorer is pretty bad so I can't decide whether to install new carpet or coat in bed linear ?? This is my daily driver and my family truck which I plan to use a little off road cause its 2WD and figured the bed liner would be good cause I have small kids .. What do you guys...
  9. T

Motorcraft Oil ???

Has anyone every used it and what's your thoughts about it ?? Also how does it compare to mobile one or castrol syn ???
  10. T

Transgo Vs Ford VB kit ??

I am working on rebuilding a tranny and was wondering to buy OEM ford upgrade or just get the transgo kit and mod the sep plate ?? I am just try wondering if it's worth the extra money for the OEM upgrade???
  11. T

Trouble getting Parts ??

I have a 98 explorer 4.0l Sohc .. I tired ordering some parts from ford but I am having hard time getting parts ... I called ford and he could not find the bonded gasket separate in the computer . I asked about the pressure revalve kit and why does it look like its missing parts for other people...
  12. T

Can it work and is worth it ???

I just pick up 3 crown Vic electric fans off old police cars .. I wanted to know will they fit my 98 explorer 4.0l SOHC and are they worth putting in or just better to upgrade stock fan ??? Also I picked up a stock tranny cooler and was thinking about putting it in series to the factory cooler...
  13. T

Shift Issue ??

The specs are listed below ... My truck has been running and shifting fine ..But when I get on the gas the tranny doesn't want to shift into the next gear ... Also the the other day for no reason the tranny started to act up for a few minutes and then went back to normal ...I have not checked...
  14. T

Leave it alone or Replace???

I posted about a alternator in another thread but the battery was shot so it got replace and everything is good I think.. I check the charging voltage off the battery and it's only coming up to 13.54v and around 13v with AC on.. Is this normal or is the alternator weak or starting to go ??? Oh...
  15. T

Alternator ????

I'm my 98 4.0l Sohc the battery is die very quickly if the lights are left on even after a couple mins ... But it will start with no problem even after a couple days of sitting .... I hooked up a meter while the motor is running the voltage is 13.03v DC so does this mean the battery is shot...
  16. T

MisFire Issue ??

I have a 98 Explorer 4.0L Sohc... I keep getting a misfire on cylinder 2 and 5 and no a misfire on multi cylinders ... It was ok before but I change the Pvc ,spark plugs and wires and still not running right and now get misfire codes ... I changed the coil pack and tps sensor and still runs bad...
  17. T

Arm Rest Rebuild ???

I will be doing 2 arm rest restores and I wanted to know if you guys had any tips or tricks ????? Also is Zealous Interiors good to deal with and do they have any coupon codes ???? Has anyone tried Octane Upholstering's for a arm rest rebuild kit?? Thanks Jay Sr
  18. T

Fog light placement ???

I picked up a 98 Explorer and the front end was in a accident .. So the fog light are broken and rusting out ...Also the plastic valance that cover the fog light is gone .. But I want to to keep the fog light but not sure where to mount them and want to see how you guys have them ??? I did try...
  19. T

Greaseable U-joints or not ??

What do you guys use or like and how do they perform ?? Thanks
  20. T

Info Needed Please ???

I got a 98 Explorer 4.0L SOHC and have a couple questions 1- Can you use 19" windshield wipers instead of 18" ?? 2- How you know if you truck can with a factory alarm and how hard would it be to program a remote for it ?? 3- I have a couple batteries that fit my explorer ..The problem is...
  21. T

New 98 Explorer 2WD

I picked up a 98 Explorer 4.0l SOHC 2wd XLT.. You guys have any suggested mods ??
  22. T

Battery Terminals ???

I know this is a newbie question .. But years ago I used aftermarket car audio battery terminals but I had a hard time keeping them because more often than not there would be corrosion between the post and battery terminal and casue it not to start .. I went back to the old school battery...
  23. T

2WD wheeling

Does anyone wheel with a 2wd explorer or have a offroad build ???? Thanks
  24. T

Ideas ???

I have a 01 explorer that has been sitting for about a year now cause my son got diabetes and I have not time to rebuild it ......Well I got a awesome deal on a 98 explorer that runs .. My question is what do I grab off the 01 explorer before I junk it ?? The trans works in 01 explorer but it...
  25. T

Rebuilding a Starter and Atlernator

I keep seeing kits all over about rebuilding Starters and Alternators and was wondering if these really work and are worth buying ???? Thanks Jason SR
Back