Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

New motor install - cross threaded driver side motor mount

Tractor supply carries up to grade 8 bolts and associated hardware
  2. E

Can't find audio line in on 2017 platinum

I use a 3.5mm to usb converter on my laptop to be able to use headphones. I'm not sure if it will work with your application since I'm using it as an output and you would use it as an input, but if it doesn't work you can always return it to Amazon. Here is the link...
  3. E

Bkennedy's SAS and Rebuild Thread

I bought the All in 1 jack from Tractor Supply a few months ago. Good jack for changing tires on and off road. The base gives it good stability. I've also used it to take the weight off the leaf springs on my excursion when I was doing some rear end work. I don't have a long term review, but...
  4. E

Should I remove sway bars? Having an issue

I removed my front sway bar (20,000 miles ago) and I dd my '01 sport. 1997XLTRollover is correct that the truck does not handle well without the sway bar. You must be very cognizant when driving corners as the body will roll quite a bit. I upgraded my shocks to Rancho rs9000XL shocks and it...
  5. E

Bkennedy's SAS and Rebuild Thread

BKennedy, I did a search on Fastenal's website and found 4 bolts that meet your requirements; two-4" bolts, and 2-4.5" bolts. Here is the link...
  6. E

Duratrac or mtr kevlars

Duratracs are an excellent tire in the snow. I have had them for two MD winters and they have performed extremely well. There can be 8 inches of snow and I'll keep it in 2wd problem free. Quick check on Goodyear's website, the Duratrac doesn't come in a 35x12.5R15. Biggest size they offer on a...
  7. E

Got bored yesterday... pics inside

97, I think your interior looks sharp the way it is. I posted that for K-A, since he was looking for a new option. Probably should have put that in my original reply. Regards, Jason
  8. E

Got bored yesterday... pics inside

Have you thought about this: http://zealousinteriors.com/product-category/ford/explorer-1995-2001/ . They have recover kits available. If you search the forum there should be some reviews of their products.
  9. E

New tires NOT transmission (I hope)

Are the front tires 245/70R16 and the rear tires 245/75R16?If your tires are in fact two different sizes front to rear, which based on your revs. per mile, I believe they are, than you will need to get matching fronts. It appears the yokohama's are 29.6" in diameter and the Coopers are 30.35...
  10. E

New tires NOT transmission (I hope)

Do you have the 4x4 auto button? The different size tires between the front and rear could cause the 4x4 to engage because the system thinks the rear tires are slipping since the front tires are at a (slightly) different speed than the rear. On my second gen the 4wd will not engage after you get...
  11. E

Door lock issue.

I had the same issues as you until I sprayed PB Blaster into the latch mechanism and let it sit about an hour. Its been about 3 weeks since I have done that and the door is still locking and unlocking fine.
  12. E

Spring 2015 GWNF Run

I would also like to run Stony Run.
  13. E

Spring 2015 GWNF Run

Hello, I would also like to go. I have a 01 Explorer sport with a 2" lift, 31" Goodyear Duratracs and tow points front and rear, but both my diffs are open. Would I be able to run with you all? Thank you, Jason
  14. E

New Member - Warrenton VA

I'm also a Marylander who resides in Virginia. I go to Hampden-Sydney College. Absolutely love it down here, wish I could move permanently!
  15. E

Seriously getting ready for an Expedition..

+1 to the Pelican Cooler. I have the 35 qt model, and it has been excellent. It has held ice for up to 6 days during Maryland summers, opening the lid 5-6 times a day. Like DB_1, I also refrigerated my beverages and food before loading. Also, their customer service is top-notch. I had a problem...
  16. E

anyone running Pathfinder Sport S A/T tires?

Hello: I had the Kuhmo Road Ventures on my 01 Sport. They lasted 35 k before needing replacement. For the first 20 k, I had great luck with these tires and they were decent in the snow. After 20 k, they were pretty worn down and had lost a lot of their siping. Consequently, they did not perform...
  17. E

Westin Grille Guard

I have the Westin 44-0800 Grille Guard installed on my 01 sport with tow hooks. You will have to remove the tow hooks to install, but they can be re-installed. Here is the link to the installation instructions from Westin: http://www.westinautomotive.com/applicationchart/pdf/IS-40-0805.pdf
Back