Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. I

Hesitation, especially under load...help?

Resolution!!! On a whim today, i decided to pull the spark plugs and check them again. this time I ran the truck for a while at idle in park before letting it cool and pulling them. The front plug on the driver side was wet, smelled like gas. I put in a brand new matching plug, and now it runs...
  2. I

How to check your fuel pressure

Another of my bad ideas, or is it doable? I've been dealing with a ton of problems with my 96 Exploder, now I'm down to checking the fuel delivery components. I ordered a pressure tester, so I'm waiting for that to get here... I'm a big fan of SEAFOAM...but on injected engines, you have to dump...
  3. I

Well, today I went down and got two O2 sensors because the CEL came on and the code was p1151...sensor 1, bank 2. Just to cover all the bases, I replaced both sensors. Does anyone know how long the battery has to be disconnected to reset the PCM settings? I had it off for about ten minutes, but...
  4. I

Autolites...what the OE called for in the service manual at Carquest auto parts...and I made sure they were gapped correctly when I put them in...and again when I pulled them out to check them a couple days ago. I'm leaning toward a fuel issue now because when I've encountered weak spark issues...
  5. I

nope...had the exploder for about a year, no work done on it in that time. I did plugs and wires, and 2 weeks later it started acting up. Since m last post I have also changed coilpacks, pulled and checked all plugs and wires, and replaced the fuel filter. still has a hitch in her giddyup. :roll:
  6. I

I'm new to Exploders, but not new to mechanics...I have a hesitation, more pronounced under a load, like under acceleration...doesn't feel like a fuel issue, it acts more like a spark delivery problem. Is there some way to test the coilpack? Also, when I had a Crank Positionong sensor failure on...
Back