Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

Need help with shocks for Superlift IFS !

Bilstiens can be run upside down as well, I run mine upside down to keep water and trash from sitting in the cylinder bushings.
  2. J

Been a long time

Sorry, forgot how to do pics
  3. J

Been a long time

Hey guys, not new but it's been a long time, still got "betsy" the 99 ranger. Shes been pretty much the same for the last 4 years. Just sold my place and building a new shop and house on more land. Finally popped the heads on the old 3.0 pushing the 40's. When I get my shop done, betsy is...
  4. J

Looking for answers

You would probably have to build one or really heavily modify one to work, there used to be a guy on my old forum that had a 5.0l conversion done on a ranger and had an inbed/ cab-over camper with the factory bed.. im not sure what brand..
  5. J

Looking for answers

if its automatic. the one in front of radiator is the tranny cooler.. being an 01 and ifs, all of the steering R&P had coolers mounted underneath close to the R&P, so the lower one is a power steering cooler and the rad mount one is a tranny cooler.
  6. J

SAS "Betsy" 1-ton

good stuff man, just keep on and dont let up or you'll find yourself like i did not touching it for months...
  7. J

SAS "Betsy" 1-ton

i was lmao about it, he just smiled and waved me on.. i guess i was doing my public service act of the night because there was no way he was getting back there in his tahoe.. and i made $25 bucks to go offroading...
  8. J

SAS "Betsy" 1-ton

Technically... yes, truckwise, it is street legal, headlight/ taillight laws, hieght laws, and everything is good.. its registered and has a "legal" inspection...:D And i have it insured for 30k so if i destroy it i can build another one.. i get pulled over often, but when i get pulled over...
  9. J

SAS "Betsy" 1-ton

Heck yea, i have some door stickers i had made that say "OOPS, Offroad Recovery" and my number under it.. around where im at, i get called by friends all the time asking to come pull people out..
  10. J

SAS "Betsy" 1-ton

Tool box is spotless on the inside.. Snorkel worked wonderfully, i pulled the filter and checked.. no water or mud.. She did damn good in the mud and was doing damn good in the rocks.. i made gas money while i was out there, pulled like 6 trucks out at 20 bucks a truck.. im very pleased with...
  11. J

SAS "Betsy" 1-ton

Had a little fun this weekend.. Problem was that it started storming... so flexing and going slow turned into bogging and romping on it... it was fun either way..
  12. J

First Action Pics..

Heck yes, i love my truck and im proud of it being a Ranger!
  13. J

SAS "Betsy" 1-ton

Definatly looks better with a little bit of brown splashed up on it..:thumbsup:
  14. J

First Action Pics..

yea, it sucks getting off work at 5 and the sun goes down an hour later... ill get some better ones this afternoon, i leave early on fridays
  15. J

SAS "Betsy" 1-ton

Had me some fun yesterday... Heres the new trans crossmember to clear front shaft. And the new lower rear 4 link mounts. And some sexy flexy! Here she sits on a 40" tall gooseneck!!! Thats it for now... im gonna beat the...
  16. J

First Action Pics..

Well, kind of... its kind of hard to take action pics of yourself.. Anywho, i took the truck out behind the house yesterday and ran it throught the creek and all the off camber trails..(couldnt take any pics) Then i called a buddy up to check the flex because i dont have an RTI ramp..(its in...
  17. J

Hello there

Welcome... :ttiwwp: we want to see it now!!! :bounce::bounce::bounce: Im in on this one... :popcorn:
  18. J

ring and pinion

i would say even with 80k only, and since your already going this far, you should just rebuild the whole thing.. better safe then sorry. as for your front axle. i wouldnt search for the gears by axle. i would take the diff tag and vin and call up 4 wheel parts and have them give you the part...
  19. J

SAS "Betsy" 1-ton

New Update: WOOHOOO!!! She lives! Did a little bit of changing.. moved the passenger single arm up to the top hole on the axle to provide extra support for the caster bar on the driverside.. Changed the "feel" of the driving quite a bit.. Because of dropping it 7" front 8" rear, i shifted the...
  20. J

SAS "Betsy" 1-ton

No problem man, thats why were all here.. to learn as much, and to help as much as we can. i didnt think about my navigation for a speedo. Great ideah:thumbsup:, it will definatly work for now.. i will probably end up going with an autometer 4" electronic speedometer and modify it to take...
  21. J

2010 Sport Trac navigation Unit

in my personel opinon... unless your partial to Ford Factory... just buy a double din in-dash navigation unit and the bezel for it.. you can get great ones now for around $500 bucks. for a ford factory, you will be looking at well over $1000 bucks.. just my .02 cents
  22. J

Aussie locker update

i like your style!!:thumbsup: always got to test your work.. first thing i did saturday when i got the truck back from the driveshaft shop was back it off the trailer, pin it to 5500 rpm and dump the clutch!
  23. J

Lift Laws

lol, its funny u say that.. saturday when we left at 6 am to meet the driveshaft builder at his shop(i pulled the trailer with one buddy with me watching and another following to make sure it was transporting well). we stopped at Mcdonalds and i bought breakfast for my buddies.. we were inside...
  24. J

Lift Laws

In texas, ive been pulled over for multiple reasons, usually they come up to the door and say "your not in trouble, im just letting you know" then they proceed to ask if they can check out the truck... 1: Any foward facing aftermarket lights must be covered while on the street(like the kc...
  25. J

More ranger and x parts

this thread is old... its all good.. i dont have anything in this post left over.. i ended up using the skid plates on a customer rig.. front shaft got scrapped, and the rest of it either scrapped or trashed.. the only thing left to sell is i have a complete set of 79' f150 axles, HP44 and 9...
Back