Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

5R55E acts like it is in drive

well i rebuilt the transmission and put it back in the truck yesterday and none of the gears work. when you put it in a gear the soleniods are working but its not doing anything i have been reading forums and people are saying the valve body, torque converter, or pump is bad. The V.B. is new as...
  2. T

Update on the problem, pulled the transmission out and took it apart. I found that the coast and dirst clutch assemblies are still in good condition, what i did find was that the forward clutch assembly was destroyed, the planetary gear inside the clutch assembly had a bearing fail and one of...
  3. T

Need help deciding. Its a tire thread.

As someone stated try treadwright, i also put a set of 285/75r16 Guard Dog on my explorer, four tires with shipping cost me six hundred bucks.
  4. T

alright guys i need some help, my trucks transmission (5R55E) started doing the O/D light blinking, so i took it to a shop and told them to look at it and all they told me was it needed rebuild, when i picked it up later on that day my truck was then stuck in drive, in park it would try to go...
  5. T

5R55E problems

thats the thing i did that at its at a normal level but before i did that i had nothing at all, no forward or reverse gears, and my problem now is i keep reading about this and everyone say the v.b. gasket is the cause of the problem but its brand new so i dont know if it is the reverse servo or...
  6. T

5R55E problems

Alright so i just replaced the valve body on my 5r55e transmission before i replaced them i have a small slip from 2nd to 3rd and after replacing the valve body gaskets i have no reverse, drive it very weak first is fine when it goes to upshift it acts like its in neutral but when i let off the...
  7. T

Alright so i just replaced the valve body on my 5r55e transmission before i replaced them i have...

Alright so i just replaced the valve body on my 5r55e transmission before i replaced them i have a small slip from 2nd to 3rd and after replacing the valve body gaskets i have no reverse, drive it very weak first is fine when it goes to upshift it acts like its in neutral but when i let off the...
  8. T

Sport trac lighted windshield visor

I was wonder if there was a lighted windshield sun visor for the ford explorer sport trac or if one for a ranger would fit, any ideas?
  9. T

three inch lift

alright sweet thanks yall
  10. T

three inch lift

I just put a three inch body on my truck and im trying to figure out the biggest tire size i can put on it, currently i have 255/70R16 any ideas?
Back