Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. I

Rear camber

With my truxxx lift my rear camber is absolutely terrible. Has anyone had this issue? It eats up my rear tires on the inside badly.
  2. I

08 front bumper

My 08 XLT has a one piece bumper which is trashed due to an accident. When i search for one Isee enty of 2 piece bumpers does anyone know if a 2 piece bumper will fit correctly on my XLT? for some reason the 2 piece is much cheaper than the 1 piece.
  3. I

Jerking while driving

The power steering is fine now. Its not the steering thats jerking. Its the whole vehicle. Lime maybe that smaller wheel and tire are throwing off abs or shifting? It bucks like a damn bronco going town the road.
  4. I

Jerking while driving

Not extremely hot but it was noticably hot to the touch.
  5. I

Jerking while driving

Hey yall. I have a 2008 ex with the truxxx 2.5 in lift amd running 255 75 17. I hit a guard rail last week and tore my ex up. Ive had to replace both control arms on the passenger side as well as the axle and rack and pinion. I finished it up today and on my first test drive i keep hearing a...
  6. I

4th Gen Explorer Pictures

Explorer0693 I've been wanting to do this! What kind of brackets did you use for the install? Looks great!
  7. I

4th Gen Explorer Pictures

I've been wanting to do this. What kind of brackets did you use to install that 50inch?
  8. I

Coolant leak!

Pretty sure I have a blown head gasket. FML. I hate this ford 4.0 engine. It needs to die a fiery death!
  9. I

Coolant leak!

I've already replaced the coolant housing a few months ago.
  10. I

Coolant leak!

I've got an 08 ford explorer 4.0 XLT. pretty much stock except for a truxxx lift, k&n filter and E3 spark plugs. I've recently started leaking coolant.. bad. I'm assuming its lower intake gaskets, because there is a decent amount of coolant pooled up in the valley below the upper intake. I...
  11. I

factory subwoofer

Does anyone know how many watts the factory amp is for the 8" woofer in back of my 04 ex?
  12. I

2nd row seating

I have an 04 ex eddie bauer with the two tone tan leather int. my 2nd row seat met it's doom when an unhappy dog was left in the truck. So now I have a shredded rear seat. I have been trying to find one to replace it and have finally located one. The only problem is that it is a 2nd row seat...
  13. I

crankshaft positioning sensor.

04 ex 4.6. had codes pulled from autozone for crankshaft positioning sensor and misfire on cyl. #8. put a new coil on 8 and checked plug on 8 and was fine. still running rough. attempted to replace the crank sensor but it appears the a/c compressor is in the way. do I need to remove it or...
  14. I

service engine light.

my 04 ex 4.6 started running rough about a week ago. the service engine light popped on and stayed on for a few days then went out and came back on. The truck runs rough (misfire) and when I took it to autozone they said I had a code for the crankshaft positioning sensor and a misfire on cyl...
  15. I

Rear End Fluid.

Exproblems, you are right the stuff is expensive! Oh well. I started getting better mileage after I put in a k&n drop in filter and the E3 Diamond fire sparkplugs, as for my screen name, yes I am a C/O I work at the dreaded Stateville C.C. in Illinois.
  16. I

antenna help.

so my EX had one of those rubber flexy type antenna's on it when I got it. due to corn fields and tree branches that antenna has perished... R.I.P. antenna. Anyway I went to remove the threaded part today to put in a new metal one and it broke clean. So now I have no way to attach the...
  17. I

Rear End Fluid.

Thanks so much for the axle info! It was a great help and I have axle code 45 so I bought a regular synthetic gear lube by valvoine. It says it meets ford standards on the bottle so I think I'm gonna be fine. To bad I have an open diff though, explains my crappy performance in the mud lol...
  18. I

Rear End Fluid.

I will check that axle code, but the thing I was questioning I guess is that the Royal Purple gear max says it has a friction modifier added to it. I was researching it on their website. I have an eddie bauer 04' awd. I don't know if that makes a difference or not.
  19. I

Rear End Fluid.

Does anyone know if you can use a synthetic fluid in the front and rear diff? Like a royal purple or amsoil? I know with regular fluid you need the friction modifier, but I was wondering if you needed it with synthetic fuilds?
  20. I

tires

got a 2004 EX. Eddie Bauer with factory 17 inch rims. Whats the largest tire I can fit without having issues? 265/70/17, 255/70/17? Need new ones soon bald ones don't do well in the mud and trails lol
  21. I

Should I get a brushguard?

what kind of lights do you have mounted to your side mirrors? I like it I was thinking of doing some for off road purposes
  22. I

rear end noise?

is it the same for the front diff as it is for the rear? I just might do both.
  23. I

rear end noise?

alright thanks! I'm going to try that and see if it helps, hopefully that does the trick cause I sure dont feel like paying for a new differential.
  24. I

rear end noise?

I only hear this noise in the rear not in the front so thats what is kinda throwing me off.
  25. I

rear end noise?

So I'm having an issue with my Ex. I get a low groaning/grinding noise whenever I'm pulling into a parking space. I only hear the noise when pulling into or reversing out of a parking space a low speeds, usually when ever I pull into or pull out of my parking spot at my apartment building (yes...
Back